Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Rare Nine Inch Nails Songs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    "Rare" is a horrible term here, in my opinion. If you're going to do a list make it something like "B-Sides and Non-Album" tracks. Then seperate lists for Collaborations, Remixes, Production Work, Unreleased, etc.

just my 2 cents
    Works for me.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    A full list of rare tracks is fine, but the problem with rare tracks is they're hard to buy, and ETS doesn't support piracy of Trent's music IIRC.
    And of course, what constitutes a rare track can be hard to say. Is his track with Josh Wink rare, as it's not well-known? Do his remixes, which are normally b sides and thus not commercially available long after release, count?
    Im not suggesting that we link all of them. Again maybe some noncommercial tracks. But just to get alist going? And then people can obtain them by their own methods.

Rare would likely mean: music not found on Halo'd discs, wierd collaborations... tetsuo i guess would count... zoo station, 38/37, i think yhose are good recent examples. The wink thing can be found rather easily but could make the list... right? Stuff like purest feeling... not so much for the vets, but for the noobs. People who wouldnt find it inially obvious... do it for the noobs.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Anything not on an album I think, rather than not on a halo: TPD or even Metal are on halos, but not on any main album, so might not be known to people who only buy albums - a fairly reasonable thing to do!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Im not suggesting that we link all of them. Again maybe some noncommercial tracks. But just to get alist going? And then people can obtain them by their own methods.

Rare would likely mean: music not found on Halo'd discs, wierd collaborations... tetsuo i guess would count... zoo station, 38/37, i think yhose are good recent examples. The wink thing can be found rather easily but could make the list... right? Stuff like purest feeling... not so much for the vets, but for the noobs. People who wouldnt find it inially obvious... do it for the noobs.
    That would remove 37/38 since they are on a halo, but as multitracks.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I guess to even start a list you need a couple defaults for reference. How about the US being country of origin to decide if it's an album track or not, as well as CD being the default media? This is just Nine Inch Nails, no remixes or the like, no Appendage or those remixes on Things Falling Apart that lots of people seem to think aren't remixes, no alternate versions, no unreleased, etc.

Get Down Make Love
    A Violet Fluid
    Memorabilia
    Dead Souls
    Burn
    The Perfect Drug
    Deep
    Metal
    10 Miles High
    The New Flesh
    And All That Could Have Been
    The Persistence Of Loss
    Leaving Hope
    Gone, Still
    Adrift And At Peace
    Home
    Not So Pretty Now
    Non-Entity
    37 Ghosts
    38 Ghosts
    Theme For Tetsuo: The Bullet Man
    Zoo Station

• At The Heart Of It All is not by Nine Inch Nails so it's not on this list
    • Ripe is an edit of Ripe (With Decay)
    Last edited by Jon; 12-05-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    You guys have a funny definition of rare. Just about all of these have been officially released and are pretty easy to come by. When I think of 'rare' I think of stuff like the VIP Happiness in Slavery 12", the only place where those to remixes of Happiness in Slavery exist, or that version of Every Day Is Exactly The Same that only appears on one European (German?) promo. Last (Butch Vig remix) was only available as an 11kh 8bit mono track until remix.nin.com coughed it up. The Telefon Tel Aviv remix of Even Deeper was a rare track, and then that got an official release. Stella Soleil's vocal mix of A Warm Place - rare, in that she only gave it out to a few people online, although I think she ended up posting it somewhere eventually.

The Perfect Drug, rare? It has its own halo, guys. Likewise And All That Could Have Been.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Still probably not offtopic to ask about listing all censored/shortened for airplay nin songs?
    even if it doesn't belong to wiki, i'd just like to check if this is complete:
    happiness in slavery (flaccid)
    physical (mass consumption)
    wish (no bad words)
    closer (clean pussy radio edit) and (clean original)
    march of the pigs (clean)
    hurt: album/quiet/live (3 clean versions)
    the perfect drug (edit)
    we're in this together (radio edit) and (short radio edit)
    into the void (edit)
    starsuckers inc and star****ers inc
    deep (edit)
    only (clean) 3 versions: US short 4'01'', UK long 4'27'', international medium 4'22''
    only (richard x mix edit)
    every day is exactly the same (edit) and (sam fog and carlos d mix edit)
    survivalism (edit)
    capital g (edit)
    capital g (phones 666 mix radio edit)
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 12-05-2011 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Too much of this thread is the semantics of what it means to be rare.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Too much of this thread is the semantics of what it means to be rare.
    exactly, so I give up

My list wasn't "rare", it was something along the lines of "B-Sides and Non-Album Tracks", from a US standpoint. The albums being:

Pretty Hate Machine (LP)
    Broken (EP)
    The Downward Spiral (LP)
    The Fragile (LP)
    With Teeth (LP)
    Year Zero (LP)
    Ghosts I-IV (LP)
    The Slip (LP)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Where could I find the NINJA sampler? I need to get the studio versions of Non-Entity and Not So Pretty Now.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Where could I find the NINJA sampler? I need to get the studio versions of Non-Entity and Not So Pretty Now.
    From Bwary's amazing website http://www.portraitofdecay.com/dl.ni...firmation.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks to the guys putting up ghosts 37 & 38 I have the multitracks but really didn't feel comfortable compiling them myself, didnt think i would have them to a standard that ghosts demands.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Bored.

Here's the multitrack mixdown of Discipline:

[iTunes / iDevice ready]
    Nine Inch Nails • Discipline (Multitrack Version)
    35.8 MB • 5 mins, 2 secs • m4a ALAC [Lossless]

01. Discipline (Multitrack Version) {5:02}
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    • Straight mixdown, no extra production or mixing
    • Trimmed silence from beginning and end of track (allowing some extra "silence" for echo at end)
    • Ends perfectly into Echoplex; for shits and giggles queue up Non-Entity after this...
    • Padded sector boundary error.... included 5 txt files of what I did for those interested
    • Complete tags including Album Art, Tempo, Sort, Unsynced Lyrics, Publishing Information, Performance Credits*

* There are no individual track credits, just full album so I went with that info. Also, Alessandro Cortini stated he didn't play on The Slip but he was in the credits so he's in these credits

MEGAUPLOAD
    RAPIDSHARE
    HOTFILE
    FILESONIC (isn't working right now?)

I'll update later with FLAC and mp3 320CBR
    Last edited by Jon; 12-06-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Ally was on the cover of the slip (the arm), if nothing else.

Also, am I the only one who wishes the single version of Discipline was on The Slip, with the nice long fadeout?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Ally was on the cover of the slip (the arm), if nothing else.

Also, am I the only one who wishes the single version of Discipline was on The Slip, with the nice long fadeout?
    Yep, know about the arm...

I prefer that version, especially with Echoplex right after it

EDIT: and here's what I linked above only in FLAC:

MEGAUPLOAD
    RAPIDSHARE
    HOTFILE

and in mp3 320CBR:

MEGAUPLOAD
    RAPIDSHARE
    HOTFILE
    Last edited by Jon; 12-06-2011 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Completed

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rare is fun, but here's one ofthe sad things about the internet...nothing is rare anymore.
    Most things are now released digitally, so its easy to find everything, just look on youtube.

Old timers will remember the dawn of the internet, when finding ANYTHING was a mission, exciting and really rewarding.

Last thing I found rare was the Stella soleil mix of a warm place, before it was on YouTube. Ended up dling it from an obscure site. That was fun!

Now, its on YouTube, its boring.

Trent should make a bunch of tracks, and van them from YouTube, amazon and such, and only release them in obscure sites, just Luke the yearzero arg!

Tracking them down would be great fun, and bring out the spirit of the old internet again when it was interesting!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    For some reason, I came edit, but the 'deep web' comes to mind.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    That seems like kind of a dick move to me - not every fan is online, and not every fan has the time or skill to get all the tracks. Sure, it's neat finding a rare track, but hiding music from fans is a good way to look like an arsehole.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    That seems like kind of a dick move to me - not every fan is online, and not every fan has the time or skill to get all the tracks. Sure, it's neat finding a rare track, but hiding music from fans is a good way to look like an arsehole.
    Tell that to Russian hoarders.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Tell that to Russian hoarders.
    Hoarding a recording is a good way to prove you're a major cunt, js

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laz001 View Post
    Rare is fun, but here's one ofthe sad things about the internet...nothing is rare anymore.
    Most things are now released digitally, so its easy to find everything, just look on youtube.

Old timers will remember the dawn of the internet, when finding ANYTHING was a mission, exciting and really rewarding.

Last thing I found rare was the Stella soleil mix of a warm place, before it was on YouTube. Ended up dling it from an obscure site. That was fun!

Now, its on YouTube, its boring.

Trent should make a bunch of tracks, and van them from YouTube, amazon and such, and only release them in obscure sites, just Luke the yearzero arg!

Tracking them down would be great fun, and bring out the spirit of the old internet again when it was interesting!
    All that would do is create a group of elitist asshole fans that hoard all the music they have the technical knowledge to acquire and refuse to share, on the grounds that "it's boring if everyone has it, maaaaaaaaaaan." That would be a damn good way to drive away tons of fans, as well.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    indeed, nothing on TDSE could be considered rare anymore, as they're easily accessible in one place. same goes for "Get Down, Make Love" since it's on the PHM remaster. the whole idea of the list is (or should be) that they're not easily found on regular, in-print NIN official releases; for instance, "The Perfect Drug" is widely available and in print, but on the Lost Highway soundtrack, not a regular NIN release (since its inclusion on Halo 11 is exclusively overseas, and the WITT singles are long out of print), so it's a rare song.
    TPD is a complex one, because the version on LH is not complete.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    TPD is a complex one, because the version on LH is not complete.
    The only official release of the complete version of The Perfect Drug is on the WITT single. Am I correct? Even the 6 track EU version of Halo 11 has the song end abruptly, and I checked the 2 track promo H11 as well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    The only official release of the complete version of The Perfect Drug is on the WITT single. Am I correct? Even the 6 track EU version of Halo 11 has the song end abruptly, and I checked the 2 track promo H11 as well.
    Well okay, what are we talking about when we say "complete version" are we talking about that slightly longer version that leaked before the song officially came out and Trent edited it down a little?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    No, he means the one with the extended ending. The one that leaked in the RealAudio file was a direct rip from the Lost Highway soundtrack. AFAIK, the extended ending only appears on the WITT single (and ITV, according to ninwiki)
    Last edited by TheBang; 05-18-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    One of my favorite unreleased, "rare" NIN tracks is "Maybe Just Once". It's catchy as hell but I can see why it was left off of PHM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm really sorry to be lame but is there a total list of non-album NIN tracks?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ninwiki.com has a list

id like to find a copy of zoostation, ive heard it on u tube. I know i could get the covers album from U2s website, but they suck and i dont want to give them my money.

agree with NINfan04, maybe just once is catchy as hell! nealy as catchy is the version of Kinda I want to from purest feeling, its like im on a cruse ship doin the conga line

EDIT: My favorite "rare" tracks are all live ones, Animal/Tough from the Nights of Nothing and Nightclubbing/Sanity Assassin/Dreams/Warm Leatherette from the 06 Radio collabs w/ Peter Murphy.

Speaking of Nights of Nothing, has soundboard of the NIN set ever surfaced from the 2nd show? I have Manson's partial set from the sounboard (where ginger fish gets knocked out after the 1st chours of 1996,) so one must assume that the NIN portion of the set has to be out there too
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 05-18-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    id like to find a copy of zoostation, ive heard it on u tube. I know i could get the covers album from U2s website, but they suck and i dont want to give them my money.
    You know the money goes to charity, yeah? Like, all of it? And the fact it has brilliant covers from other artists means I'd really recommend it. However, for now, it's streaming in better than youtube quality here, if you don't want to pay for it yet.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I hear there's a rare japanese import NIN track that's only available in japanese in the japanese internet and you have to fly to japan to be able to surf it down in japanese. Totally worth it.