Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Pointless live speculation

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    Come on, come on, why are they waiting?
    Next tuesday starts Coachella's ticket sale. I'm doubting. Desicive for me to make that US trip would be an extra venue gig during that week near or in LA...
    Ideal scenario for me: 2 times HTDA and a great festival with a few extra great bands.
    I think the radius clause might rule out an LA date around that time frame. If you can make it to San Francisco or Las Vegas, those would be the most likely cities for shows around April 12/April 19.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Q posted on her facebook that she'll be posting rehearsal pics on her instragram ~soon~

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'd delve into the "US NIN Fund" for this but I've this sneaking suspicion that this gig I have to play is around then. I dunno, I guess I'll do a swing-pop cover of The loop closes or something to make up for not going.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Looks like the Sasquatch Festival released their lineup for this year and I don't see any mention of HTDA_ on the bill.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Looks like it's not so pointless.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    From TR's Twitter: HTDA will be playing a limited number of intimate shows in addition to Coachella. We'll announce these next week with ticketing info.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Of course, they will likely only be L.A venues

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    @Presideo , most likely, unfortunately. chances of a south florida date seems slim and none right about now.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    @Presideo, most likely, unfortunately. chances of a south florida date seems slim and none right about now.
    Amen to that. Come to Florida, you bastards.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    anything south florida is unlikely to happen. Our promoters suck so much fucking ass down here.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I feel like there could potentially be a Chicago date. I could see the dates looking like the Wave Goodbye tour and just doing LA, NY, and Chicago.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If I was to guess it'd be like LA for sure San Fran and maybe some other West Coast. Hoping bad for NYC but not holding my breath

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Seems odd to me, after all the emphasis on Rob as a fourth member, and his comments about how his role would become more clear in live shows... to think that there will only be (what sounds like) a handful of club shows. I wonder if this is a test run, sort of like how they scheduled With Teeth clubs shows to partly see what the demand would be like.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Well, I don't think there's a lot of concrete evidence that HTDA won't do more than Coachella and a few intimate shows. A lot of the NIN live talk is still very speculative, is it not? I could definitely see the inverse of the Wave Goodbye tour for Destroy Angels' live schedule: start with small club gigs and work up to a much more thorough national tour that focuses on bigger, arena-like venues.

That national tour could even end up being a NIN headline tour with HTDA opening (if it isn't too bold to say). That being said, I really do hope HTDA play a decent amount of shows as the headliner since I think they deserve it. As awesome as it would be, I can't help but think a NIN tour in 2013 would undermine How To Destroy Angels - this being the year of their live debut and first LP. I guess we'll see what happens.

I'm very much hoping for an NYC show being announced next week!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I guess this will rule out a Detroit show. The best I can hope for is Chicago.

Although I was starting to believe HTDA would only play Coachella and then open for NIN later in they year, the fact that these will be a limited number of shows (warm up shows?) only adds to my speculation HTDA will be opening for that other band late in the summer.

Edit: Also, there won't be an LA show for the dates being announced next week unless Coachella didn't make HTDA sign the radius clause.
    Last edited by somewhat_; 02-09-2013 at 05:02 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I wonder if this is a test run, sort of like how they scheduled With Teeth clubs shows to partly see what the demand would be like.
    Agreed. They've also never worked with each other on stage together so there will likely be some kinks needed to be worked out before they plan anything major. Also, I'm sure Trent's gotta be apprehensive about doing any major touring. The whole reason he stopped touring with NIN was because he lost the love/mystique of performing live on a constant basis.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I'm probably being hopelessly optimistic here thinking about a London show - but when everyone started mentioning the With Teeth shows, NIN came out to play the Astoria in London before most of the US and it was a select 2 dates then back to America, hmm, I think it is possible though unlikely. Also since they've made an effort to be more international with a record label, seems like a wasted opportunity to then just play a few shows in the US

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I think the two early London shows in 2005 were to make up for the Lost Weekend debacle. But hey you never know, fingers crossed!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    high blood pressure...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    anything south florida is unlikely to happen. Our promoters suck so much fucking ass down here.
    I feel your pain on that one. I'd hope for shows here, but reality will dictate that probably not. So that means make travel plans.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for London, but in reality I can't see it happening. I would consider flying over the east coast of America if the venue was nice and small. Wouldn't be interested in a Coachella festival type thing. Lets see what happens!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I'm not gonna get my hopes up for any Canadian date either. Who knows ...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Knowing the Toronto NIN community and how they respond to anything TR related, along with a wide variety of more 'intimate' options for the show. I highly doubt they pass up Toronto if there are 10+ cities on the tour.

Montreal I could see being on the bubble.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    From TR's Twitter: HTDA will be playing a limited number of intimate shows in addition to Coachella. We'll announce these next week with ticketing info.
    'next week' is almost finished. pff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Any day now Trent.....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I guess tomorrow will be the day?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    I guess tomorrow will be the day?
    Fool, "next week" means May.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Fool, "next week" means May.
    I assume you meant "May 2014", yes? Sounds much more likely.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I hope I'll wake up tomorrow to the tour news

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I guess the word "soon" should have been used instead of "next week".