Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoos

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    What style are you looking for? I found a lady in NYC that I wanted to do one of mine (name began with V...Virginia Elwood?) before I found Jamie Ruth. Best thing to do is to google some tattoo conventions, see who is from NYC and go from there

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/feel-...decisions?bffb

Some of the worst tattoos that I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's my new ink - fresh today!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    These first photos are three tattoos I had done in 2009:

This next photo is a tattoo I had started in August and finished in December last year (incorporating the infinity tattoo [3rd photo]):

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I think that so far, I really have my heart set on this guy: http://whiterabbittattoostudio.com/s...0_Mikhail.html

I'm still a few months out from setting anything up. I want to get moved and everything first, and have plenty saved up. I spend tons of time just looking around at NYC folks, though. It's crazy.

Check out this guy... His stuff is crazy good: http://www.anilgupta.com/portfolio/portfolio.htm But I'm well aware that he would never be in my price range. Hah.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I think this woman is so talented

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Ugh. Where does someone even begin to find the right artist in NYC? Overwhelming. Probably even more since it will be my first.
    http://majestictattoonyc.com/
    he's doing my next one
    I met with him the other day and he seems like a really great guy, and his past work is super good.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    They have some cool looking stuff, too. Sigh. SO COMPLICATED. I really should just set up an appointment and go speak with someone about basic shit. I'm pretty concerned about how my skin will react. I have allergic reactions to ALL KINDS OF SHIT. I have the skin of a 3-day old. I dunno wtf is wrong with me.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    They have some cool looking stuff, too. Sigh. SO COMPLICATED. I really should just set up an appointment and go speak with someone about basic shit. I'm pretty concerned about how my skin will react. I have allergic reactions to ALL KINDS OF SHIT. I have the skin of a 3-day old. I dunno wtf is wrong with me.
    haha -- yeah you should get answers. I highly recommend just picking someone and setting up a consultation, it will force you to act.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yeah. I just kinda wanna wait until I get moved and actually have the money set aside for it. Right now I'm set on the dude from White Rabbit. That decision took months and months. I'm so awful and indecisive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got mine at the beginning of this year. It is related to NIN and has got much to do with big changes in my life.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I had a reaction to mine, still not sure if it was the ink or the cream but It and my entire bicep was COVERED in hives and eventually a swollen and very itchy rash that required prednisone to clear up. I only have one spot that looks a little scarred, so don't worry too much you can still come out with a good tattoo after a reaction. my advice is to take a zyrtec the day of the tattoo and a few days after (its much more effective against hives than benadryl)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sorry for using instagram the photo is on my phone not my PC so I just uploaded it to that easier for me

http://instagram.com/p/qO4rqQJDu9/

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    http://instagram.com/p/qExVCJuZRj/

My newest and perhaps final. Four sessions. I really love how it turned out!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    http://instagram.com/p/qExVCJuZRj/

My newest and perhaps final. Four sessions. I really love how it turned out!
    oh wow man

my fiancee just told me that she is gonna get my name (i guess my real name, not eleven,) tattooed over her heart.
    people say it's bad luck...idk what to think...i think she should get an eleven tattoo instead...

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Nope, nope, nope.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    AYE. I need to ask permission to get all of my tattoos. But something for a living human. Ferk off.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    oh wow man

my fiancee just told me that she is gonna get my name (i guess my real name, not eleven,) tattooed over her heart.
    people say it's bad luck...idk what to think...i think she should get an eleven tattoo instead...
    Don't listen to the naysayers. There's no more meaningful gesture of commitment than having a permanent reminder of your significant other emblazoned onto your skin, for all time. It's so completely, intoxicatingly romantic. I'd be hugely flattered if my partner told me she wanted to tattoo my name onto her chest. A clear sign of a "keeper", as they say.

This is something you should be encouraging. Actually, thinking about it, it's only fair for you to equal the sentiment yourself.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    If it doesn't work out, she could always flay it off with an industrial sander.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Given their history, that is probably the most sane outcome.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I can't think of one instance where @elevenism was an asshole (or even rude) to anyone on this board. He doesn't deserve what's directed at him.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I've stood up for him a few times. But when you constantly tell everyone how crazy you and your girlfriend are, this type of shit obviously isn't going to seem like a grand idea.

Also, I don't think it is a good idea for mentally sound people to get names tattooed on them, either. I mean, if you want a reminder of a certain time period with a certain person, thinking of something other than their name shouldn't be that difficult.
    Last edited by Sarah K; 07-16-2014 at 09:03 PM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    The only names I have tattooed on me are my daughter's and my niece's name. No lover's name will ever be tattooed on me. That's just me. My ex husband has my birthday tattooed on him because my birthday is the same month and day as Chris Cornell's ex wife and he once had a tattoo with her birthday. So my ex-husband got the same tattoo as he did. Funny thing is that neither Chris Cornell nor my ex husband are married to the women that they had their birthdays tattooed on them. Suckassssssssss.

I want to get a tattoo for my birthday (tomorrow) but I have no idea what I want so maybe it's not a good idea to get one.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Once watercolor tattoos have been a thing for a while longer, and more artists get better at that style, I've been playing with trying to design a water color style The Fragile flower for my inner forearm (same side as my NIN logo and tour date tat). That'll be a while coming, though.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I've stood up for him a few times. But when you constantly tell everyone how crazy you and your girlfriend are, this type of shit obviously isn't going to seem like a grand idea.

Also, I don't think it is a good idea for mentally sound people to get names tattooed on them, either. I mean, if you want a reminder of a certain time period with a certain person, thinking of something other than their name shouldn't be that difficult.
    There's nothing wrong with everybody being civil. Or constructive. Or just saying nothing. Or FFS just talking behind people's backs on FB if they must. : /

People are judging him. And based on that judgement, feeling that they are justified in being hurtful toward him.

I have been on the receiving end of just that kind of mental gymnastics for damn near my whole life. I'm sensitive to seeing it happen to others. (And it really pisses me off when I realize I'm doing it to someone else.)
    Last edited by jessamineny; 07-17-2014 at 05:12 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    There's nothing wrong with everybody being civil. Or constructive. Or just saying nothing. Or FFS just talking behind people's backs on FB if they must. : /

People are judging him. And based on that judgement, feeling that they are justified in being hurtful toward him.

I have been on the receiving end of just that kind of mental gymnastics for damn near my whole life. I'm sensitive to seeing it happen to others. (And it really pisses me off when I realize I'm doing it to someone else.)
    People are taking him by the shoulders and shaking the sense into him. Over and over. Because he makes that many bad choices.

Yet it's still preferable to breeding.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    People are taking him by the shoulders and shaking the sense into him. Over and over. Because he makes that many bad choices
    That can be done civilly, directly, and constructively.

Past that, we're strangers on the Internet. Not our place to administer tough love. It's just bullying from us.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    So, the guy I want to do mine just posted this on instagram:

Mine will meet the criteria for all of that. But doesn't that seem kinda cunty? Maybe it's common. I know nothing.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    this didn't belong here, perhaps.

but it's long and dramatic and it's in the relationship thread now.
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-17-2014 at 01:20 PM.