Page 246 of 263 FirstFirst ... 146 196 236 244 245 246 247 248 256 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,380 of 7888

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Nandi Bushell covers 46&2, she did a good job I think!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Danny was in town this weekend, he played a song with the KU pep band at their game. He’s a Kansas boy, always cool to hear that he still comes around.

But then uh, apparently he got into a spat at the KC airport.. looks like his mugshot is making the rounds on the clickbait ‘rock journalist’ sites.
    Last edited by Soma; 12-13-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    TMZ has a deeply unflattering video of him getting arrested, too. Not a great look to try and play the "I'm the drummer for Tool" card to get out of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    TMZ has a deeply unflattering video of him getting arrested, too. Not a great look to try and play the "I'm the drummer for Tool" card to get out of it.
    lol yeah, he did that. He did seem kind of drunk, perhaps? Not that that gives you carte blanche to get the big head, but I've always noticed he seems like a really nice guy.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The latest reports have him yelling homophobic slurs at the person he allegedly assaulted. Ugh.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    he COULD be fined up to fourteen THOUSAND dollars!
    looks like the "i play drums for Tool" bit might have worked-they always just threw ME in jail...THREW being the most important bit of verbiage, here, BECAUSE

Why is this cat getting into fights at 60?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    The latest reports have him yelling homophobic slurs at the person he allegedly assaulted. Ugh.
    This makes me sad. Drunk or not that shows me something. If it’s true.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

We’ll, I don’t think he got into a fist fight according to what’s been reported. If he did that would include battery.

Also, just an educated guess but it seems like he had way too many drinks at the Chiefs game. Dude has been around for decades and as far as we know there aren’t any wild stories attached to him being a homophobe or being a wife beater, etc. Let’s cut the guy some slack- not because I’m a fan, just because it’s common sense. May the first person here (or anywhere) throw the first rock. Glass houses and all, as the saying goes.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    We’ll, I don’t think he got into a fist fight according to what’s been reported. If he did that would include battery.

Also, just an educated guess but it seems like he had way too many drinks at the Chiefs game. Dude has been around for decades and as far as we know there aren’t any wild stories attached to him being a homophobe or being a wife beater, etc. Let’s cut the guy some slack- not because I’m a fan, just because it’s common sense. May the first person here (or anywhere) throw the first rock. Glass houses and all, as the saying goes.
    I mostly agree with this although the FA----- word is troubling because it's probably in his selective vocabulary to begin with if he's going to blurt it out while in the bag. That by itself isn't great. I'll wait and see on the rest.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I mostly agree with this although the FA----- word is troubling because it's probably in his selective vocabulary to begin with if he's going to blurt it out while in the bag. That by itself isn't great. I'll wait and see on the rest.
    TBF ,a lot of people go back to schoolyard insults when they're really angry, ESPECIALLY while.intoxicated.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Ah, the old “I’m the drummer for Tool” get out of jail free card!

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    he COULD be fined up to fourteen THOUSAND dollars!
    looks like the "i play drums for Tool" bit might have worked-they always just threw ME in jail...THREW being the most important bit of verbiage, here, BECAUSE

That’s what I was thinking, lol.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    We didn't see the actual conflict so who knows why he needed to get into a fight at 60. People piss other people off every day.
    There doesn't seem to be anything worth pushing with this story. He mouthed someone off, he got detained for it, probably fined too. Justice served, end of story.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    nah. i’m willing to bet it’s not the first time he’s played “i’m the drummer for tool” card and it’s definitely not the first time he’s called someone a homophobic slur. It’s the end of the story only coz his fans will give him a pass on his elitist behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    TBF ,a lot of people go back to schoolyard insults when they're really angry, ESPECIALLY while.intoxicated.
    It's true, and also a garbage excuse. Both can be true.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    No one knows if he actually said it. If it bothers people THAT much over speculation than to sell and/or burn any Tool shit you have.

even if he did say it (which I’ll readily admit I really don’t give a shit) it was probably name calling, no different than saying “dick head”. Chances are the TSA agent or airline gate agent wasn’t even LGBQT+.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i’m willing to bet it’s not the first time he’s played “i’m the drummer for tool” card and it’s definitely not the first time he’s called someone a homophobic slur.
    That quite a conclusion from a 10 second video and a TMZ report (of all possible sources) you made there.
    There's no slur captured on the video. There isn't Danny saying "you can't touch me I'm from Tool". He may be just ending a sentence that followed officers asking him for some ID for all we know. The video is cut.
    There's also 0 incidents with Danny swept under the rug the last time I checked, that's for "not the first time" comment.

Let's just stick to known facts for a while, okay?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    No one knows if he actually said it. If it bothers people THAT much over speculation than to sell and/or burn any Tool shit you have.

even if he did say it (which I’ll readily admit I really don’t give a shit) it was probably name calling, no different than saying “dick head”. Chances are the TSA agent or airline gate agent wasn’t even LGBQT+.
    Whether or not he said it, this is a wild fucking take.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Tool

no one in an airport was lgbtq? the tmz story doesn’t mention that. The lgbtq+ community doesn’t have to witness a slur for it to be offensive. if your instinct is to call someone “f*ggot” when youre mad, then you 100% have issues with homophobia and anger. it’s derogatory and a grown ass man should definitely know that.

tmz is sensational for sure but we have no reason to believe they made it up. the story says “according to a report” he said it. who would benefit from making that up? he could sue tmz if they made it up. while it’s true we don’t know the whole story, the transgression here seems obvious to me based on what we do know. (ie: the other person wasn’t arrested.) I hope he seeks professional help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    while it’s true we don’t know the whole story, the transgression here seems obvious to me based on what we do know. (ie: the other person wasn’t arrested.)
    This is my issue. If he didn't say it there would be a statement of denial. I'm not burning my albums or expecting him to be kicked out of the band or cancelled or whatever you want to call it but you have to acknowledge using the word and apologize for it. I hope that happens in the coming days.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I'm not burning my albums or expecting him to be kicked out of the band or cancelled or whatever you want to call it but you have to acknowledge using the word and apologize for it.
    nobody who is a fan needs to do anything except acknowledge this behavior isn’t acceptable and try not to use the word themselves. accept that the word choice is abusive and use the situation for your own personal betterment.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    It's true, and also a garbage excuse. Both can be true.
    Absolutely, and if the person was actually lgbtq then it's WORSE than a garbage excuse. THAT'S a different ballgame.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tool fans won't cancel them even after Maynard calls them "retards" so I doubt they will cancel Danny boy for being homophobic. You're talking about the biggest gatekeeping incel fanbase this side of Radiohead
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 12-15-2021 at 12:02 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Tool fans won't cancel them even after Maynard calls them "retards" so I doubt they will cancel Danny boy for being homophobic. You're talking about the biggest gatekeeping incel fanbase this side of Radiohead
    This coming from someone who worships a known asshole in Mike Patton (no disrespect to Mikes current situation of course, I legit hope he gets through whatever he may be going through).

remember that time that MJK apparently raped someone, or whatever that was all about on Twitter and there were a number of people on here and the Internet believing a fake Twitter account? Yeah, fun times jumping to conclusions.

people looking for perfect role models, in any entertainment industry, should probably reconsider their personal priorities and what they expect out of others. My $0.02.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Granted I'm not quite Danny Carey's age, but I've still somehow managed to go about my life without using a homophobic slur.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    You're talking about the biggest gatekeeping incel fanbase this side of Radiohead

Am I missing something about Radiohead and/or their fans?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    @Krazy Wait, how exactly is Mike Patton a known asshole? I’m seriously asking. I’m only aware of hilarious and mostly true criticisms he has of mostly shitty bands like Wolfmother, for example. I know I’m off topic but just wondering if I missed something.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    @Krazy Wait, how exactly is Mike Patton a known asshole? I’m seriously asking. I’m only aware of hilarious and mostly true criticisms he has of mostly shitty bands like Wolfmother, for example. I know I’m off topic but just wondering if I missed something.
    I really like Mike Patton and all of his bands, but this is just unacceptable:

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, that’s no good. Why are people laughing and clapping…oh, right. Half of us are trash.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    This coming from someone who worships a known asshole in Mike Patton (no disrespect to Mikes current situation of course, I legit hope he gets through whatever he may be going through).

remember that time that MJK apparently raped someone, or whatever that was all about on Twitter and there were a number of people on here and the Internet believing a fake Twitter account? Yeah, fun times jumping to conclusions.

people looking for perfect role models, in any entertainment industry, should probably reconsider their personal priorities and what they expect out of others. My $0.02.

MJK is a known manwhore and there have been countless stories of him running groupies through the door in the early 90s at every Tool show so he can spray his seed so its no surprise people jumped to conclusions when a story like that popped up out of the blue

If we wanna compare whos the biggest asshole. Patton or Maynard.....Maynard wins in a landslide lmfao