Page 97 of 99 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,910 of 2944

Thread: NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post

summer 2000 shows were as intense as any 94/95 show
    Intensity was a poor choice of words. Intensity has been present at every NIN show. The chaos and insanity was what I was referring to and there was more of that in one performance of Happiness in Slavery than in both the fragility shows I was at. Which were in May and June 2000.

The levels of onstage drunkenness were much higher though.

edit - having posted this before Bill's last two YouTube videos I want to point out that there is a difference between a chaotic show and feeling like you're watching someone have a breakdown and those Tokyo shows where you *are* watching someone having a breakdown. The former is a cathartic rush. The latter is just sad. Honestly, if you enjoy watching someone be so fucked up that they can barely stand and are lucky to be alive, I feel sorry for you.
    Last edited by Kyle; 07-26-2014 at 12:49 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    It would be extremely embarrassing and laughable if Trent was still behaving like he was in the 90s.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The fragility tour was somewhere in between but didn't really do either as awesome as what came before/after.
    Having just watched AATCHB with some distance from 10 years ago when it was the BEST CONCERT DVD EVARRR -- I wholly agree with you. You can see Trent's ambition for what he wanted NIN to become, but they just aren't there yet. And you can see him trying to escape what NIN was during the TDS era, but he can't. (Our knowledge of his personal life at that point probably adds to that perception, but I think it's fair.)

The vids Bill is posting right now prove that we've all been giving him way too much credit by even responding. You have to be a downright moron to want that Trent back or "miss coked out Trent." That's not nostalgically waxing on about the '90s or his faded youth, it's outright douchebaggery. (In addition to, y'know, his distaste of women and black people.)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    It would be extremely embarrassing and laughable if Trent was still behaving like he was in the 90s.
    It was already a little laughable in the 2000s. At the time it seemed cool, but now that I'm actually approaching the age Trent is in AATCHB, it's... awkward. Why is he acting like a drugged out 23-year old at 35? I'm so glad he got better.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Don't we have an ignore feature on the board to just not see bills post?

I understand you are totally balls deep into the old school nin, but damn dude.

People grow up. People change. Obviously you didn't.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Having just watched AATCHB with some distance from 10 years ago when it was the BEST CONCERT DVD EVARRR -- I wholly agree with you. You can see Trent's ambition for what he wanted NIN to become, but they just aren't there yet. And you can see him trying to escape what NIN was during the TDS era, but he can't. (Our knowledge of his personal life at that point probably adds to that perception, but I think it's fair.)

The vids Bill is posting right now prove that we've all been giving him way too much credit by even responding. You have to be a downright moron to want that Trent back or "miss coked out Trent." That's not nostalgically waxing on about the '90s or his faded youth, it's outright douchebaggery. (In addition to, y'know, his distaste of women and black people.)
    I wish I was allowed unlike things here just so I could like this a second time. Every word of it.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Guys, remember when Trent was battling with an awful addiction?! Man, those were the FUCKING DAYS!

Sure wish he'd relapse on his disease so we could see him break some stuff! ROFLOLOL

Jesus.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    See also: Marilyn Manson. A joke now.

I'm not a huge fan of personal attacks. I do get annoyed by people here from time to time...and I know directly insulting someone is a no no here so I accept whatever consequences come with this rant, but you earned it:

How can you be so fucking selfish that you'd "prefer coked out Trent" as opposed to a happy, content person who still provides quality music both in studio and live? Do you not respect the people and things you're into? Apparently not. Fuck you, @billpulsipher . You're a shitty person and a negative hateful cancer here and probably in life as well. I usually don't see your posts on purpose but when I read the responses I get the gist and often people will quote you and I'll see the actual posts.
    If I see someone I like living a good life I am happy for them. Was this past Thursday my favorite show ever? No. But I had a good time. There were more positives than negatives. Nine Inch Nails, to me, is a journey. The Downward Spiral is my favorite album of all time, but to quote Office Space, "I celebrate the guy's entire catalogue."
    You hate this Trent Reznor so much? No one is making you hang around. No one's making you go and watch Tension or this tour or listen to Hesitation Marks. There's plenty of footage and albums from the time you're in love with (stuck in, obsessed with). You've posted some of it. Enjoy! But mostly, fuck off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Guys, remember when Trent was battling with an awful addiction?! Man, those were the FUCKING DAYS!

Sure wish he'd relapse on his disease so we could see him break some stuff! ROFLOLOL

Jesus.
    But it would be totally worth it if we got The Perfect Drug. Am I right?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Bill is that "friend" people avoid when they get sober.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    if you people hate everything Trent was about in the 90s, you should burn your PHM, TDS and Fragile and Broken cds and concert dvds and just listen to post With Teeth stuff....why revisit things he did while he was under the influence of narcotics???.....

with that said, hes 50 years old, if he was on drugs now he would be a joke like Manson , falling off stages and being a drunken idiot....

There is an entire argument about artists who do their best shit on drugs and once they get clean, they lose "something". You could use Trent or Bowie or Nick Cave or Robert Smith in that argument. drugged out Bowie gave you Station To Station, sober Bowie gave you Tin Machine, drugged out Nick Cave gave you Tender Prey and Birthday party, sober Nick gave you Nocturna. drugged out Trent gave you TDS, Fragile and Broken, sober Trent gave you Slip and Withaaaa Teeth....

That doesnt mean do coke and get creative again but its a valid argument that can go on forever...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    if you people hate everything Trent was about in the 90s, you should burn your PHM, TDS and Fragile and Broken cds and concert dvds and just listen to post With Teeth stuff....why revisit things he did while he was under the influence of narcotics???.....
    I don't think anyone hates what he was about in the 90's, they just don't resent him for who he's become.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    It was already a little laughable in the 2000s. At the time it seemed cool, but now that I'm actually approaching the age Trent is in AATCHB, it's... awkward. Why is he acting like a drugged out 23-year old at 35? I'm so glad he got better.
    TDS touring he was 29-30, AATCHB he was 34-35. Older than I imagined him to be during that time. I'm 33, I cannot imagine being a year or 2 older than I am now and going through the personal hell he was going through.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Just word filter "Pearl Jam" for "Bill sucks" = problem solved

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    nonsense
    The man himself has said drugs never helped him creatively, only socially or onstage or whatever. If you miss the anger of his youth, or the dissonance of Broken/TDS, fine. But I think you're confused (and not very bright) if you're really reducing it to "I miss the '90s + Trent was on drugs in the '90s = I MISS DRUG ADDICT TRENT."

Every example you give is nonsense. Bowie made great albums in the 70s, shitty albums in the 80s, and just made a great album in 2013. People love anything Nick Cave touches. Trent Reznor's most critically and creatively recognized work at this point may not even be TDS or The Fragile -- it's arguably The Social Network score. Whether it's drugs you miss, or your youth you miss, either way there's definitely nothing valid about your argument.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Wasn't it Josh Freese who said that TPD just didn't work well in rehearsals because the fast-paced part transitioning into the softer, piano section at the end was just impossible to nail down fluidly?
    Yes, I was the who asked him about that, when he did those crazy packages for buying his album, I got the thank you call a one and my one question to him was why they never played Perfect Drug live. They did rehearse it, but TR was never happy with how the end part sounded, for whatever reason.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Whatever Bill. Your last comment just wasn't cool. Makes all your posts void really. Perhaps you should just go on the PJ forums.

I would love a couple of Fragile songs on the list but think current NIN is freaking great and so is HM. Has to rely on lighting, gimmicks, really? The songs are freaking great, no lighting needed. I've been a fan for 25 yrs and dig how NIN has changed over time. It's all been freaking great. Pearl Jam stands for what sucked about the 90s. There was PJ, Bush, Nirvana..and then there was freaking Nine Inch Nails..that smoked them all.
    Last edited by Omega; 07-26-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That you said they didn't have much of a problem during WG and then described the main problem kinda proves my point. I agree the WG four-piece was better-than-great with the songs they stripped down, like The Becoming. But as amazing as the idea of TDS live was in concept -- wouldn't it have been better with one of the larger lineups? Watch the video of Ruiner and try to be anything but underwhelmed.
    I was at the Webster Hall show, and I will say that while Ruiner was amazing to hear live (as was the rest of the album), it was a little off that night. I don't think it has to do with the four piece as much as it had to do with needing to rehearse it a few more times.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Sorry- would like to take a pause from shitting on Bill's face for a moment and post something somewhat relevant to this tour.

Posted this in the Seattle thread and figured it can't hurt to copy/pasta in here as well:

Might be a long shot but worth trying- looks like me and another will be going to this show and now looking for tickets...

Anyone have 2 extras? I'm looking for good "center" seats- section 103 (pipe dream, I know) or something in single digit rows in 205, 206, or 207. If not will just buy them from LN early next week and try to sneak into better unoccupied seats after the SG fans leave.

Wanna hit the last NIN show since TR said it'll be "awhile" before another tour.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Whatever Bill. Your last comment just wasn't cool. Makes all your posts void really. Perhaps you should just go on the PJ forums.

I would love a couple of Fragile songs on the list but think current NIN is freaking great and so is HM. Has to rely on lighting, gimmicks, really? The songs are freaking great, no lighting needed. I've been a fan for 25 yrs and dig how NIN has changed over time. It's all been freaking great. Pearl Jam stands for what sucked about the 90s. There was PJ, Bush, Nirvana..and then there was freaking Nine Inch Nails..that smoked them all.
    you lost me when you said Nirvana sucks

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Don't back peddle now. Own what you said.
    We don't have to burn a fucking thing. We can appreciate it or pieces of it unlike you. You are the one who should change the record. You're stuck on repeat.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

with that said, hes 50 years old, if he was on drugs now he would be a joke like Manson , falling off stages and being a drunken idiot....

There is an entire argument about artists who do their best shit on drugs and once they get clean, they lose "something". You could use Trent or Bowie or Nick Cave or Robert Smith in that argument. drugged out Bowie gave you Station To Station, sober Bowie gave you Tin Machine, drugged out Nick Cave gave you Tender Prey and Birthday party, sober Nick gave you Nocturna. drugged out Trent gave you TDS, Fragile and Broken, sober Trent gave you Slip and Withaaaa Teeth....

That doesnt mean do coke and get creative again but its a valid argument that can go on forever...
    Tin Machine is fucking awesome. I just had to voice my 2 cents about that.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Don't back peddle now. Own what you said.
    We don't have to burn a fucking thing. We can appreciate it or pieces of it unlike you. You are the one who should change the record. You're stuck on repeat.
    Own up to what? lol. I stated what most people except some of the fanboys would agree with. that TRs best work came between 1989-1999 and just so happens he was fucked out of his skull at that time and in a dark place which attributed to the music....(i dont think happily married sober people can write songs like AATCHB, great below, i do not want this, mr self destruct, no you dont, hurt etc) just stating a fact....and I am aware he said something stupid like that once, but he also said one time that he hated Fragile and that WT was his best album. I take what TR says with a grain of salt...

as for the comment saying i miss coked out TR with the youtube vid of him dusted out of his skull....as usual a joke was taken dead serious by some of the fanboys. if you think im going to get TR an 8 ball, get a clue. im not endorsing he relapse on the bolivian marching dust

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I said NIN smoked them and every other band in the 90s. I actually like Nirvana a bit more now than in the 90s(partly due to all the crappy music being put out for some years now). But ya, I couldn't stand them back then, thought they were overrated, overplayed and annoying, like Bush, PJ. I know, so not cool. Never liked Metallica either when ppl were all about them, still don't. And got crap for saying NIN was way better when everyone was all about One. Metallica and stupid GNR. Ppl were all about GNR and thinking NIN was a silly dude with a synth(yes, I remember that and ppl around me actually said stuff like that, giggling at the dude and whatnot, then giggling at me cause I liked them), I was thinking just the opposite, that GNR sucks. Give me PHM over freaking Welcome to the stupid Jungle. Pearl Jam still freaking sucks, always has always will, and such a crappy voice, imo.

Why post on here, really? If you don't like NIN atm, it's your loss man. Making comments as crappy as that says you're just not really a fan.
    Last edited by Omega; 07-26-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Remember how this thread is about the summer tour and not about the past 30 years of every band that is kinda like NIN that has existed? Let's get back to talking about that. This thread has been completely useless all weekend

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I would encourage everyone to use the block button. I know that I'm finally going to. That shit goes beyond trolling and is evil.

Anyway, 6 more days!

I, like @Krazy , am thinking about hitting up the last show. I'm having a hard time convincing myself not to! Even though that would basically mean no other fun times for a while...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Oh, yes. The ignore function is quite splendid!

Back to the tour discussion. We know OPN plays for roughly 25 minutes, Soundgarden comes out roughly 15 minutes later and plays for nearly 85 minutes. Then a 30 minute stage change for NIN who will play for roughly 90 minutes. We can assume DEP & CC will have similar opening set lengths.

The tour has commissioned local (?) artists to create a run of limited edition posters featuring all 3 bands, in addition to a standard NIN only poster with all the dates (Soundgarden also has a venue specific poster). Check all available merch booths as inventory will vary. For more details, check out the merch thread.

NIN pre-sale tickets have custom ticket stock, but SG pre-sale tickets do not.

This is the end of the NIN touring cycle and they will be taking a break when this leg ends.
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 07-26-2014 at 08:49 PM. Reason: small details.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I did not know that about the local artist thing for posters, thanks for the heads up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

NIN / Soundgarden summer tour - Part 2

I'm sorry to post in here but i have not used the new ETS in a while. i was not at this show but am going to the july 30 aug1 and aug 2 shows. (that will be 19 (NIN) so far agh) what I really was hoping to find out here was; if the doors open at 7 what time would soundgarden start and how long is the set and the same for NIN. also: is there a pre band before soundgarden? please help if you have any insight. thanks so much. I could not figure out where to ask this question. thanks

sammy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Opener started at 7 and played to about 7:25. Soundgarden was about 7:40 to 9:10. NIN was 9:30 to 11. Have fun!