Thread: Random Movie/TV News version 2.awesome

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Do you honestly think Gods of Egypt would have done BETTER business if it DIDN'T have what little, recognizable star power it had going for it?

There are plenty of talented Asian actresses out there, of course...but NONE of them are the hot chick from several blockbuster Avengers movies.

And obviously the Ghost in the Shell franchise has decent name recognition, but Scarlett Johansson in the lead is the main reason this won't look like an Asylum straight-to-DVD production or a Sy-Fy Channel made-for-TV movie.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Do you honestly think Gods of Egypt would have done BETTER business if it DIDN'T have what little, recognizable star power it had going for it?

There are plenty of talented Asian actresses out there, of course...but NONE of them are the hot chick from several blockbuster Avengers movies.

And obviously the Ghost in the Shell franchise has decent name recognition, but Scarlett Johansson in the lead is the main reason this won't look like an Asylum straight-to-DVD production or a Sy-Fy Channel made-for-TV movie.
    Well, that Star Wars movie managed to make decent entries despite its mostly obscure leads, I heard some people even went two or three times, imagine that !!!
    Harry Potter managed to recoup its expenses I heard. Chronicle did decently despite featuring nobodies acting beyond any franchise. District 9 didn't need keanu reeves last I heard. Etc, etc...

Shit movies won't be saved by great casting, and great movies will thrive despite a cast of relative nobodies. Scarlett Johansson screams huge studio insecurity to me.