Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: 2018.06.22 - London, UK @ Royal Festival Hall, Meltdown Festival

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbithole View Post
    Any suggestions on where I should start?
    Probs best head to The Cure thread elsewhere, but I was introduced to them through Show - 1993 live album - and that remains a favourite. Press play here and enjoy:

I'm sure an on stage appearance from Fat Uncle Bob might be unlikely, but I'd be just as happy if I could see him dancing by the side or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm coming from Croatia for the show(s). Anyone wanna have a beer before/after the show?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5thFacade View Post
    I'm coming from Croatia for the show(s). Anyone wanna have a beer before/after the show?
    Not sure what I'm doing before hand yet, but I'll likely be at the Southbank afterparty thing at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbithole View Post
    Not sure what I'm doing before hand yet, but I'll likely be at the Southbank afterparty thing at least.
    link me to the event pls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    link me to the event pls.

This one right here!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    They didn't play Boys Don't Cry.

I'd love a cure cover but I hope they do something weird with it if they do.

Here's the vid of Libertines doing "Boys Don't Cry" @ Meltdown

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Here's the vid of Libertines doing "Boys Don't Cry" @ Meltdown

Bah, I didn't read properly and thought you meant Placebo

I posted earlier in the thread about a premeet for this forum - PM for details.
    Last edited by icklekitty; 06-20-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Bah, I didn't read properly and thought you meant Placebo

I posted earlier in the thread about a premeet for this forum - PM for details.
    No worries. Still hope Trent whips out something special (perhaps with Robert Smith?) for Meltdown. Wish I could've went.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just been browsing social media for info on Friday. Seems like headline bands have been starting at 8:30, 8:45 or 9:00 so far, but probs won't be confirmed until the day.

There's just been a twitter post saying there are limited returns available for Deftones tonight. Probably worth watching out for something similar on Friday, for those without tickets hoping to go still.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    just called box office to check my tickets - they also said that finishing times were around 12:00 (!) but take that with a pinch of salt, as she had no other information on the night. She sounded extremely excited for me haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I managed to get a ticket about 6.10pm! I've been refreshing the Southbank page all day, and suddenly 3 came up. I got one in the stalls row L, central, pretty damn good!

Observing behaviour for other gigs - about 10 Deftones tickets went up on Monday without any Twitter announcement, and then a few today with a Twitter announcement. Echoing ChipRock, there will likely be a Twitter announcement for returned tickets on Friday, probably between 11am and 2pm, so keep an eye out.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Deftones played their cover of "If Only Tonight We Could Sleep" for the first time since 2007:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just called to confirm my tickets as well. She asked for order number. I gave it. 'Ohhhh, you have Nine Inch Nails tickets. Lucky you! They are in high demand'

Aye.. 30 hours to go and counting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    edit: never mind
    Last edited by joeyjojo; 06-21-2018 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Metatronic View Post
    I managed to get a ticket about 6.10pm! I've been refreshing the Southbank page all day, and suddenly 3 came up. I got one in the stalls row L, central, pretty damn good!

Observing behaviour for other gigs - about 10 Deftones tickets went up on Monday without any Twitter announcement, and then a few today with a Twitter announcement. Echoing ChipRock, there will likely be a Twitter announcement for returned tickets on Friday, probably between 11am and 2pm, so keep an eye out.
    Lucky! I went to the venue yesterday at 5.30pm and they had nothing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, even with all my refreshing I think I was very lucky, as they can't have been on sale for more than a few minutes.

Check tomorrow as often as you can, and you might hit the jackpot - good luck!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Arrived in London from Edinburgh not too long ago. Now just counting down the hours....

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Done very little work today because I'm already too excited for tomorrow - already booked all off Friday since I knew I'd be completely unproductive. Tic toc tic toc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At the airport in Dubai waiting for my flight to London. My NIN concert companion for the last 28 years is already in route from Orlando. Fun trip planned. 3 shows in 4 days starting at RFH. Can't wait to see how they differ and what a NIN show is like outside of the US. Excited about the Johnny Cupcakes pop up event on Saturday while we are in London too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This will be my 37th NIN show. The first was Wolverhampton 20.5.94 in case you were wondering, and it will be my first NIN show in more than 4 years.
    I'm getting rather excited! I NEED these gigs!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    hey guys, I can’t believe the show is tonight

(Edit: reserved)
    @Scarlet Siren and I might have a spare to sell (row K), provided that one of the others tickets in our hands is valid (we’re 99% sure it’s legit). But this means you’ll get in after us only in case everything will go right. PM for details, we can meet at bar topolski before the show
    Last edited by arsenic; 06-22-2018 at 08:32 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Stage times confirmed:
    7:30 for support - 9:00 for headliner
    https://twitter.com/meltdownfest/sta...23295579131905

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Still looking for 2 tickets for tonight. Im
    all the way from Los Angeles. Please pm me if you have anything leads

thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My FOMO is kicking in and I'm looking for one spare to the Meltdown show tonight. Lucky that I just happen to be in the country during the festival. Please message me if you've got one!

I saw the same thing happen with Death Cab for Cutie on the evening before, Deftones on the day of and even saw front row seats for Curaetion-25 pop up a day or two ago (stupid me for not grabbing them instantly). Hopefully a small batch for NIN will open up for those looking.
    Last edited by variablebitrate; 06-22-2018 at 07:19 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2018.06.22 - London, UK @ Royal Festival Hall, Meltdown Festival

Nm...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebitrate View Post
    My FOMO is kicking in and I'm looking for one spare to the Meltdown show tonight. Lucky that I just happen to be in the country during the festival. Please message me if you've got one!

Go queue at the Southbank box office. When I called a half hour ago, I was told there's 9 people there waiting on returns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    Go queue at the Southbank box office. When I called a half hour ago, I was told there's 9 people there waiting on returns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the tip! Sounds right from the phone call I made as well. Gonna head over there now.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    If anyone in London is interested in grabbing bad witch on CD, they had them at rough trade records on talbot road for 9.99.

Flying internationally has destroyed my internal body clock. I got in at 6:45am Thursday morning and I was only able to sleep for 3 hrs from 3am-6am last night, so I'll be attending the show half asleep. Good thing this is a seated show, I probably wouldn't make it standing in the pit.

Either way, I made it. Just a few more hours to go! I don't care about catching black moth super rainbow at 7:30, but the tickets say "if you are late, you might not be allowed in" so I don't really want to chance it. Also, last night was freezing cold, and I'm hoping they have those jackets for sale at this show because I don't want to bring a hoody or something warm to the show with me.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    GO to the website now if you have not got a ticket... gone already.

Good thing I managed to get a ticket from elsewhere!
    Last edited by miss k bee; 06-22-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Well after 2 failed attempts to see nin at the O2 (I had tickets, but my anxiety and depression both times stopped me going, having no one to go with always made it that much harder, this time included) I've FINALLY made it here �� and I finally got a nin pin! Row K representing (do people still say that?)

...not sure about standing up here though ��