Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: The Apple Thread

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    And i love how you thought tho was going to be $99 lol. That's the best line i've read all day.
    I may be dumb, but I'm not "download the new U2 album on iTunes for free" dumb.

lawl

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    The iPad and MacBooks are the only decent products Apple has right now. Crazy as it seems if it weren't for iMessage integration i'd jump ship already.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    iTunes down instantly. lololol

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Has anyone reached out to Jennifer Lawrence for her thoughts on the new Apple devices?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Has anyone reached out to Jennifer Lawrence for her thoughts on the new Apple devices?
    I'm surprised Apple didn't use her as a feature.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    So basically you can't have an iWatch if you don't have an iPhone as the former works with the latter. Basically, you need to jerk off and suck Tim Cook's cock at the same time.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    So basically you can't have an iWatch if you don't have an iPhone as the former works with the latter. Basically, you need to jerk off and suck Tim Cook's cock at the same time.
    Why would someone have an apple watch if they don't have an iphone? I thought it was always assumed that a smartwatch would be a counterpart to the phone it's based off of. Is the samsung smartwatch compatible with iphone?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Why would someone have an apple watch if they don't have an iphone? I thought it was always assumed that a smartwatch would be a counterpart to the phone it's based off of. Is the samsung smartwatch compatible with iphone?
    Yah, thought that was pretty self apparent.

They didn't touch up on connectivity. If you need the phone with you all the time for features to work.. now that would be completely retarded.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    My bad, I thought one could buy for instance, the future Google watch and have an iphone. I stand corrected.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    So, who is getting an android this time around?
    I'm up for a new company subsidized phone this month. Like, I could go for the smaller iPhone 6 but... it doesn't really look that interesting over my iPhone 5.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I've been holding onto my iPhone 4 w/ iOS 6 for the last couple cycles, and now it's really time to upgrade. Now the new models have been announced, I can decide on whether to upgrade of switch to something else. I think the giant phones are dumb, but maybe I can deal with the 4.7" one.. Since they didn't announce anything really unexpected, it isn't making the decision easier.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Because I couldn't watch the event seamlessly, I just realized they are doing 16GB to 64GB with the iPhone 6, no 32GB. Hm...
    Last edited by Amaro; 09-09-2014 at 03:15 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Have they not developed flash storage tech for these phones yet that goes beyond 64GB? cripes they've been stuck on that for ages.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    There will be 16, 64, and 128GB models. Decent summary of all the key points: http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/09...iphone-6-plus/

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    All this tech talk just ends up making me feel old, this watch idea has no appeal because I hate using the internet on my phone to begin with because the screen is too small - if the watch screen is big enough it would be too big to be a watch, and if it is too small, what is the point? I just don't feel the need to be in constant internet communication,but I guess younger people do

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    but maybe I can deal with the 4.7" one
    apple products have gone from HOLY SHIT I NEED THAT to "maybe I can deal with it"

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So aren't they going to say anything about what's happening with Beats music? I'd be quite happy if that just integrated into itunes. Doesn't seem much point in Dre or anyone being there so far

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    apple products have gone from HOLY SHIT I NEED THAT to "maybe I can deal with it"
    The rest of the market caught up. When Apple was defining products, there was definitely something there when very little was comparable. Now that they are copying Samsung, pretending like it's a big innovative deal, it feels flat. This is no longer about, "wow, that's an interesting new gadget!" Now, its "is the opportunity cost of switching to a new ecosystem less than upgrading to the slightly shinier iteration"

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    So aren't they going to say anything about what's happening with Beats music? I'd be quite happy if that just integrated into itunes. Doesn't seem much point in Dre or anyone being there so far
    They work for Apple. Corporate officers are probably expected to show up.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    They work for Apple. Corporate officers are probably expected to show up.
    I miss the days when he was sharing sweary emails about their app approval policies!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    So, who is getting an android this time around?
    I'm up for a new company subsidized phone this month. Like, I could go for the smaller iPhone 6 but... it doesn't really look that interesting over my iPhone 5.
    Waiting for Google's announcement on the Nexus 6.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Waiting for Google's announcement on the Nexus 6.
    Is that scheduled?
    I need to do some serious research if I buy an android. I've been on the iPhone bandwagon since the original came out. I'd love to get my hands on some of the newer security tools like the Baseband Firewalls that you can manage with an Android (not sure if all can do that though).

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Nothing concrete but the rumors are a November announcement.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    i'm going to sound completely bipolar here but i'm already warming up to the watch lol. After looking at my very small but decent watch collection (all under $1000) this watch for $350 is not bad. If it looks good on my wrist i could potentially justify the purchase. My fav watch is actually a $300 all purpose, rubber banded, luminox military style watch and from the looks of it the Apple watch seems so far into the future, comparably.

My family members all fell in love with it, especially my sister as i knew she would. The real question for me is battery life and some of the other features they didn't bother mentioning like will you need the phone with you all the time, etc.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I'm generally intrigued by the idea of a smart wearables, but when it comes to Apple, I've waited until the 2nd iteration before buying in. Gives them, and the developers, time to sort out where the value add really is.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    I don't agree with all of this, but it conveys my general disappointment.
    I'd actually love a much more accurate comparison to a modern android.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    So.....am I the only on here that is gonna get in on the preorders on Friday????
    @tony.parente I went to Apple today to get my battery replaced per your fantastic find. After wasting nearly 2 hours, they said that they couldn't replace the battery due to having an aftermarket glass on it. I left super upset but good thing I didn't go off on them because I think they did replace the battery even though they said they didn't. My phone has been holding a charge since I left about 2:40 this afternoon. Otherwise, I would have had to charge it at least twice. Thanks again!!!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I don't agree with all of this, but it conveys my general disappointment.
    I'd actually love a much more accurate comparison to a modern android.

see also this