Page 121 of 182 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,630 of 5442

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    @Alrea
    recommendations like that really make me smile from the heart!
    more things to add to my bucket list!
    ty

You're welcome! I'm glad I could give some helpful input haha. I was actually coming back to say I'm happy to be back home and didn't get pulled over on my way back! )) Time to enjoy some of the things I brought back, like the 16 vinyl records I bought, or the bong I bought for the tobacco I totally smoke! And wear this sick-ass t-shirt I got at the Gorillaz show.

Holy shit - Red Rocks was the better venue, hands down, but their show at the Sprint Center in KC a couple night earlier had a way better setlist, and literally included almost every song I've wanted them to play for my first time seeing them. GREAT show.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I've picked up a lot of music by women this past year and felt like I needed to output 1h 8m of it...

I suppose I should mention that if anyone wants to hear it, just send me a message and I'll hook you up...

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    my boyfriend makes the best scrambled eggs ever.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    getting to be the proverbial 'fly on the wall' with my kids and their friends...
    took my son and three of his friends to a sleepover the other night i got to listen to them talk about old school tape mixes/cd mixes and running into that problem of there being only so much room on the tape or cd for music and how they want their mixes for each other to hold more music...
    brought back so many memories of back in the day when 'making/exchanging mixes' was the thing to do...
    but wait! now to hear the trend is coming back, and to listen to my teenager talk about making music mixes...
    i thought i might've been in a delorean at that moment..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I suppose I should mention that if anyone wants to hear it, just send me a message and I'll hook you up...
    thank you for the hook-up
    for some reason my mac won't download it...
    prob user error/out of date software
    ??

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Bought LEGO for my beloved for her birthday because she wanted to program and have a robot.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    We won the battle of sensibility in the Fantano thread.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Nonsense. No one can judge him now because he took the videos down.
    You can *be* a liberal, lefty, SJW and still *do* and say shitty, racist, or culturally appropriative or insensitive things. Looks like he knows he crossed the line, hence the videos being down - but he doesn't want to own it and wants to mumble about *Youtube blah blah revenue.*
    His line - look I mock white artists too, I hated on Limp Bizkit - bwahaha.

EDIT: anyway, this is "drift": little things that make me happy: revising my novel draft for submission in November. Woo hoo! (it rocks, and I really want to see it published).
    Last edited by aggroculture; 10-08-2017 at 06:23 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    For about the past year, I've been offering input to a local hot dog joint on their weekly burger specials. Today will be the 4th one available.

This makes me kinda stupidly happy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaHcO4zn...en-by=tubbydog

https://twitter.com/nscafe/status/918189336029302784
    Last edited by MrLobster; 10-11-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    permanently deleting someone toxic from all sources of communication.

also popsicles.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    permanently deleting someone toxic from all sources of communication.

also popsicles.
    when i was in junior high & high school, i used to deepthroat popsicles to freak out all my straight guy friends. it was always hilarious.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I got a 72 Thinline Telecaster recently and it's a beautiful guitar (both physically and sound-wise). I got an American Standard Strat not too long after that. These are the first instruments I've had since selling all my stuff two years ago. I got sick and had to let everything go.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Caffee. Most of the time I just make instant caffee which is not really a caffee at all, but I decided to slow down and bought small kettle which works also with induction (put water in bottom part, then ground coffee, and later coffee (the drink) will magically appear in the top part, smile), manual grinder, and for a start two different kinds of roasted caffee (I am not at home yet with terms like arabica etc). Almost forgot how good real caffee smells and tastes, and I will slowly investigate different kinds, found nice small shop with all these joys.

Edit: just to be clear, I mean this little thingy (hopefully not an advertisement from me):
    https://eshop.tescoma.sk/kavovar-monte-carlo-4-salky
    Last edited by Substance242; 10-21-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I got myself out of a toxic environment. I am a lot happier now. Peace of mind.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    There is a book exchange box near where I live and I often drop books I don't need anymore in it. This weekend, when I went to drop a book, I ended picking up one too. It's a kids book; the one for preschoolers where the toddlers are presented to animals and where there's a little hole where you can feel the fur/skin of the animal in question.

The catch is that the book is written in Greek. So I'm going to use it to introduce myself to the Greek language. And no, I won't use Google Translate.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

BLOODY MOLE BASTARD!!!!!

This shit still cracks me up years later

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    There's a person in my organization whose name is Cesar Romero. Plus he's in a leadership position so I'm imagining The Joker sitting at a desk somewhere and dealing with Human Resources complaints.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I just got promoted.

This week has been a roller-coaster. Cancer diagnosis on Tuesday (treatable, easily), and promoted on Friday.

I need a drink. I want lots of drinks.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    My nephews, they are so fun and non judgmental (naturally, since they're toddlers). Makes me feel like I have friends around.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    To echo ton above, my cousin had a kid (I have no siblings, so they're the closest I have) and he's just awesome. He's three and seems way more verbal than the other kids I've seen him play with, and he's incredibly funny for a three year old. He's the best.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    To echo ton above, my cousin had a kid (I have no siblings, so they're the closest I have) and he's just awesome. He's three and seems way more verbal than the other kids I've seen him play with, and he's incredibly funny for a three year old. He's the best.
    Aw this is so sweet. My nephews are really goofy too. One of them always attempts a head stand, for some reason haha.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Rediscovering my adoration and appreciation of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z through Team Four Star's Dragon Ball Z Abridged Series, as well as the hilarity and nostalgia it ensues.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-27-2017 at 08:43 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    just changed my ringtone to the nes maniac mansion theme.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Changed my iPhone wallpaper for the first time in like a year lol. So refreshing.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

the buzzfeed dudes. they cheer me up. particularly when they are willing to strap electrodes to their taints.

that was even better. kudos to blondie for going 'all the way'.
    Last edited by Lew; 10-30-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    Rediscovering my adoration and appreciation of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z through Team Four Star's Dragon Ball Z Abridged Series, as well as the hilarity and nostalgia it ensues.
    Ghost Nappa is a gift to this world!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I freaked out because I got an official-looking email from UPS saying I had a package from Amazon that shipped today and is arriving tomorrow - and weighs nearly 22 pounds. What the fuck? I didn't even have a message from Amazon that anything had been ordered. What would it even be??

Turns out it's the fucking huge Akira 35th Anniversary manga box set that I ordered 4 months ago and forgot about! Hell yeah.

Also, I'm beyond stoked to wear my Pyramid Head costume tomorrow. I might even go downtown and walk around in it tonight before it gets too cold. It looks so much better than the last one did. I'll post a picture here soon!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I went outside today for the first time in months

Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I freaked out because I got an official-looking email from UPS saying I had a package from Amazon that shipped today and is arriving tomorrow - and weighs nearly 22 pounds. What the fuck? I didn't even have a message from Amazon that anything had been ordered. What would it even be??

Turns out it's the fucking huge Akira 35th Anniversary manga box set that I ordered 4 months ago and forgot about! Hell yeah.

Also, I'm beyond stoked to wear my Pyramid Head costume tomorrow. I might even go downtown and walk around in it tonight before it gets too cold. It looks so much better than the last one did. I'll post a picture here soon!
    I wanted to order the vinyl for the Akira soundtrack but couldn't find it anywhere

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I carved a turnip (as per the old ways)...

Last edited by MrLobster; 10-31-2017 at 08:20 PM. Reason: carved a second one so both my beloved and I won't be making deals with elves this year.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

sarah went with our friends alex & tiff to a pumpkin patch on saturday morning, and then we all carved them together that evening. mine reminds me of doodle-bob, but i'm not really sure what i was going for hahaha.

last night, alex came over and we watched The Lost Boys (can't find my DVD copy so i had to download it). sarah and i made our pizza look spooky :}