Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
This is maybe an odd question, but I was wondering: has anyone ever waited out after a show to get an autograph or meet Trent (or Atticus)? I don't know if NYC would be the best area to do this in, and it still feels maybe intrusive, anyway but I was kind of curious if anyone here has ever done this or had success with it?
I managed to do it, once, around 2005 in Oakland. There was a small group of us waiting near the exit of the Oakland Coliseum nearest the tour buses. As they trickeled out, we met Allesandro Cortini. He was really nice. The funny thing is that we were at the end of the line of people and when Trent walked by, everyone was awe struck and were just letting him walk on by. It was only at the last second that I blurted out, "Hey Trent, do you mind if we get your autograph." He said, sure, just a second (there were old friends meeting him so he took the time to hug them and chat before returning). Trent then went down the line, shook each of our hands and was just so gracious. It's always funny for someone famous to introduce themselves, but, he did politely shame my hand and say, "Hi, I'm Trent." He then asked if we enjoyed the show and was just really nice to each of us. One woman just wanted to give him a book of poetry, which he took. Obviously, I admire his work; but, the way he conducted himself just made me admire him that much more. One of the best memories I've had. I still laugh thinking that if I hadn't called out to him, he might have just went to his bus and we never would have met him. Good luck if you try meeting him after the show!

Here are a couple of photos from that night:
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]