Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN-Spotting 2012

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    New NIN music?!?! Perhaps live shows again?!?!

Well, hell...I got me a Nine Inch Boner now!

(not really, but yeah)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    According to Tamar's flickr, they're professional impersonators from Hollywood Blvd. Sure looks like Trent and Alessandro though.
    I think she was just kidding and they are actually TR+AC, calling them Hollywood Blvd impersonators would be just a joke imo.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CANTCOMPLAIN View Post
    I think she was just kidding and they are actually TR+AC, calling them Hollywood Blvd impersonators would be just a joke imo.

Either way, It's clearly something to do with the Year Zero 2 ARG

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    Trent Reznor: Nine Inch Nails Working on New Music, Possible Tour

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz2BZGizZYh

This should add some excitement to that Rolling Stone article. I'm not sure if there is any source or how likely it is though.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The only way I could see NIN hitting Coachella (and going out on tour) is if the HBO Year Zero show debuted in early spring and there was a new album coinciding with it.

HTDA, however, I've been speculating for a while will debut at Coachella and hit the road.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    "Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Jr."? Really?

Anyway, I'm gonna stand by my projected date of 2014 for new NIN.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    This should add some excitement to that Rolling Stone article. I'm not sure if there is any source or how likely it is though.
    http://monklish.blogspot.com/2012/10...75066909245065

To all of the NIN-naysayers:

1. NIN IS touring in 2013. Dates are already being booked. This is a fact.

2. I don't know if NIN are booked for Coachella or not, but based on the above info, it might make sense.

3. HTDA IS playing Coachella, they are also doing a handful of major markets around the same time. Not sure if this makes it more or less likely we'll see NIN at Coachella.

4. Come back to this post in 3 months and you'll see I was right.

-vv
    October 24, 2012 1:53 PM
    Post by a totally anonymous person that signs "vv" but that is interesting. Supposedly we would know by end of Jan?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I saw this as well, though it could be complete bullshit...but it certainly makes me excited. I'm sure we'll see HTDA most likely play but the possibility of NIN returning to Coachella has me all kinds of excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    "Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Jr."?
    Fantastic band.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't see NIN touring while at the same time launching HTDA. But if it's true... oh boy. I'm gonna be so poor

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil Dorbell View Post
    I can't see NIN touring while at the same time launching HTDA. But if it's true... oh boy. I'm gonna be so poor
    Twist: HTDA are opening for NIN.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Maybe there will be a split set list between NIN and HTDA?

So rather than the ~20 songs we would see on a traditional NIN set list (for festivals), it'll be a 10-15 for NIN, and 5-10 for HTDA?

EDIT: and of course, right when I get my debts in order...NIN will announced a tour, and I'll start racking up the Visa bill for travel and concerts!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The 6 Creepiest Glitches In Famous Video Games

Or this one, where the simple, childlike innocence of Mario Party .

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post

So rather than the ~20 songs we would see on a traditional NIN set list (for festivals), it'll be a 10-15 for NIN, and 5-10 for HTDA?

EDIT: and of course, right when I get my debts in order...NIN will announced a tour, and I'll start racking up the Visa bill for travel and concerts!
    Ugh I'd be so annoyed if that were the case, I want to see HTDA live, not HTDA with a really exhausted Trent and the other 3/4 of the band only being on stage of 40 minutes.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Q&A with Jack Wall composer of Black Ops II at Gametrailers.com

GT: Did you work together with Trent Reznor in any way? Did either of you reference the other's work? Or are your pieces completely separate?

JW: Trent wrote his theme completely separately from me. There was no collaboration on that part of the score. In any case, his theme worked great. I'm a fan. Coincidentally, I did work with him many years ago on his first album for Nine Inch Nails as a 2nd engineer when I lived in Boston. He came to the studio where I worked, Synchro Sound Studios on Newbury Street. He was there with his producer Flood and I witnessed the birth of Head Like a Hole and Terrible Lie. He was a mad scientist in the room.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/38277/backtrack-composing-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-an-interview-with-jack-wall

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post

They'd get bottled off the stage, sad but true. No one at festivals gives enough of a shit about HTDA to watch them in a high billing slot. If they did tour HTDA and NIN at the same time (I doubt it), much more likely would be HTDA on a small stage one day and NIN on the big stage the next evening.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So Trent is doing a Reddit AMA

https://twitter.com/destroyangels

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Re: NIN-Spotting

There's at least one nin reference in David Byrne's book "how music works". Sadly I can't copy and paste an excerpt from Google play books, which forbids it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    lemme just leave this here. wild nature and all. http://threewordphrase.com/bearapy.htm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I hardly think a fake poster is spotting

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    edit: looks to be "7 Ghosts I"

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/viddy/id426294709?mt=8

What's New in Version 1.9.5

+ 5 New soundtracks - Tracks from Ellie Goulding, Nine Inch Nails and more..
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 11-14-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I hardly think a fake poster is spotting
    hahaha. guess the rules for NIN Spotting must have changed over the past 10 years. apparently a random "downward spiral" spotting never gets old though :-) or the concept of a fanboi for that matter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Haddock
    Generally when I start writing something, I'll try to collate any songs that put my head in that world or capture a scene or emotion. So my Star Citizen playlist is a variety of songs from all sorts of genres, from John Murphy's score for Sunshine to Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross' Social Network score to Massive Attack to a Sharon Van Etten song.
    he`s a writer

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Dunno if this has been posted yet & my search skills are crap so apologies if it's already appeared, but a long interview with the digg guy is here

TR reveals he likes that cece peniston tune that was in priscilla queen of the desert, pretty funny

edit - actually he keeps talking about "this tour" as in 2009, so I'm guessing this is as old as the hills, but recently reuploaded
    Last edited by Sutekh; 11-15-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Posted by Jtovar21 on the Coachella message board (nothing earth shattering, since we pretty much know NIN will tour):

For what it's worth regarding NIN rumor at Coachella. I spoke with someone who personally works with Trent last night, albeit on his other project, How To Destroy Angels. When I asked about the rumor regarding the reformation of NIN, the source just smiled and told me, they could 'neither confirm nor deny' There was some "talk' though, that's the only thing they did confirm to me. So take that for what it's worth, but it sounds to me, at the very least, like maybe an offer was thrown Trent's way.

*Side note, apparently Trent is a down to earth nice dude, with a very nice family! The source didn't have the same kind words for Aerosmith though! haha
    Last edited by somewhat_; 11-15-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I gotta be honest, if both NIN and Daft Punk play Coachella this year then I'm gonna have a heart attack. Then I'm gonna figure out a way to go.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Posted by Jtovar21 on the Coachella message board (nothing earth shattering, since we pretty much know NIN will tour):
    I just hope that if they do play there, they will also have a proper tour. I don't want to have to see NIN at a festival.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, If they go to Coachella I will pass, I don't want to see NIN at a festival either. Been there, done that. I'd much rather see a whole designated NIN show devoted to a full length performance.

I think it's pretty safe to say that NIN will at least be at Coachella, but many questions remain... Will this be the opening show of the tour, will there be soem warm up club dates before this? Will there be a full blown North American tour after? Questions, questions...

If Coachella is the only date, I don't see myself going. But if there is a NIN/HTDA club or area show/tour booked on, around or before this, I will definatly be attending the 1, 2, 3 or 10 shows that pop up. =)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm personally hoping for club dates and the like, rather than festival shows. If they tour the US I'll have to go to a NY show and stay with my mother, which will cost a fair bit, living in Ireland and all. Very excited though! The prospect of tour alone is enough!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)