Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary Numan

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Like with the USA Splinter VIP tickets, the UK ones get a promo CD featuring an early version of Here In The Black (presumably different to the one on CD 2 of the deluxe edition).

If anyone finds an mp3 please let me know. Want to add it to the other two demos (Everything Comes Down To This and A Shadow Falls On Me, the former from the US VIP promo CD).
    Also, if anyone can get me a copy of the SPLINTERED DVD (3 hours of audio interview like Replicant, Small Black Box, etc), currently on sale a the UK shows, that'd be sweet.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    so I'm off ill today but hoping to be back at werk tomorrow and Numan is tomorrow night. Was considering buying something from Merch, but I might settle for the album tbh.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    So I never got into Gary Numan ( don't think he sucks , just never really listened to him.) After the nin shows, I told myself that k would take a listen to Gary because I really really enjoyed his set.

Finally took a listen to splinter and I have to say its awesome.

Now I am not to crazy over new wave, but can someone suggest me his albums that are along the line of splinter or is that one the only electronic rock?

Thanks in advanced.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    So I never got into Gary Numan ( don't think he sucks , just never really listened to him.) After the nin shows, I told myself that k would take a listen to Gary because I really really enjoyed his set.

Now I am not to crazy over new wave, but can someone suggest me his albums that are along the line of splinter or is that one the only electronic rock?

Thanks in advanced.
    Pretty much everything form "Pure" onward.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Thanks image, I'll give the new wave material a shot once I get accustomed to his post new wave stuff.

Edit: I knew my Google play music subscription would come in handy, his entire catalog is on there.
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 11-13-2013 at 07:05 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post

Thanks in advanced.
    Sacrifice, Exile, Pure, Hybrid, Jagged, Jagged Edge,
    Dead Son Rising.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was lucky enough to be able to attend the NIN show on Halloween in Orlando, FL featuring Gary Numan as an opening act and in the encore. I was completely floored. Growing up in the 80's I knew and loved Gary Numan's "Cars" but I was completely unaware of the trajectory of his career and what had become of him. A few years ago I came across Exile and Pure, and really liked them but for some reason didn't keep up with him (I have since learned that he had a 6 year inactive period, which may have something to do with it). This show has changed all that. I've been catching up with all his work and interviews going back to the original Tubeway Army punk album through Splinter. Gary Numan is not only an amazing artist, he is possibly the most humble, down-to-earth and genuine person in the music industry you will ever come across. I am obsessed now. LOVE HIM!!!

Gary Numan with NIN during the encore:

Gary Numan sings "We Take Mystery (To Bed)" during NIN encore:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post

As a newbie fan I found it very interesting and also quite adorable. He talks at the end about moving to LA and the reasons why.

And the full set (audio only) he played later that night is here: http://www.npr.org/event/music/24186...ive-in-concert
    Don't suppose anybody can pull it and post for keepsies?
    I recorded the whole stream at 128 kbps. It's about 70 MB. If anyone has a public spot I can ftp it to, I would be glad to share it.

EDIT: Ok, I was able to upload to a friend's commercial site. I will delete it after a few weeks, so if you are going to download it, get going...

http://www.expresstechfl.com/GN/Live_at_Mt._Oasis_Electronic_Music.mp3

EDIT2: From what I surmised the track listing on the NPR link is wrong. The order is incorrect and one of the songs they listed was not played. I am human though, so if anyone else comes up with a different list after hearing it, let me know:

Gary Numan Live at Mt. Oasis Electronic Music Summit in Ashville, NC 10/25/2013:

Resurrection
    I Am Dust
    Metal
    Everything Comes Down To This
    The Fall
    Here In The Black
    Films
    The Calling
    Down In The Park
    Splinter
    Lost
    Cars
    We're The Unforgiven
    Love Hurt Bleed
    A Prayer for the Unborn
    My Last Day

Enjoy!
    Last edited by aylasaur; 11-15-2013 at 07:39 AM. Reason: added file link; add track listing

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    NCL gig was good. Sorry I didn't pick up the DVD. On reflection I should have (was only £12 but I thought it was £20).

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aylasaur View Post
    Gary Numan is not only an amazing artist, he is possibly the most humble, down-to-earth and genuine person in the music industry you will ever come across.
    That he is indeed.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    If anyone is interested in buying the "limited to 12" edition of Splinter, someone is selling their copy on eBay (lyrics hand written for Everything Comes Down To This) -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gary-Numan...item1c38cda865

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    After checking out the albums you guys had suggested, in love them by the way, I went and started dwelling into his earlier stuff. Consider me a Gary Numan fan. Glad I got to catch him twice with nin. Splinter has been on repeat for me this past week.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Bought me Splintered!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Saw Gary in London last Saturday. Enjoyed the gig, Was particularly struck by his reworking of Prayer for the Unborn. Is there a decent recording live or preferably studio floating about on mp3 that someone can point me in the direction of?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Newish interview, with some news of forthcoming album and tours:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/6...b-5c6fdff2c957

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Gary Numan Official @numanofficial Back to normal life (ish). Off to see Thor with the family & then I have to sing a new theme for a video game this evening. GN

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Like with the USA Splinter VIP tickets, the UK ones get a promo CD featuring an early version of Here In The Black (presumably different to the one on CD 2 of the deluxe edition).

If anyone finds an mp3 please let me know. Want to add it to the other two demos (Everything Comes Down To This and A Shadow Falls On Me, the former from the US VIP promo CD).

Hmmm, this still hasn't popped up anywhere, and now there's this! -

https://cart.tmstor.es/product.php?id=16566

Splinter Tour 2014' VIP Experience Package

- A Limited Edition CD featuring an exclusive, previously unreleased track and Exclusive Artwork

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Saw Gary in London last Saturday. Enjoyed the gig, Was particularly struck by his reworking of Prayer for the Unborn. Is there a decent recording live or preferably studio floating about on mp3 that someone can point me in the direction of?
    Bearing in mind I haven't seen him since the PP tour, is it still the version available on Hybrid?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthebear View Post
    Bearing in mind I haven't seen him since the PP tour, is it still the version available on Hybrid?
    The version on Hybrid is an edited version of it, but yes, it's the Andy Gray remix. It clocks in at 3:47 on Hybrid.

The full length version, A Prayer For The Unborn (Grayed Up Remix), is 8:33 in length and found on CD 2 of "Exposure: The Best Of Gary Numan - 1977 - 2002" as track 15, the final track.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The version on Hybrid is an edited version of it, but yes, it's the Andy Gray remix. It clocks in at 3:47 on Hybrid.

The full length version, A Prayer For The Unborn (Grayed Up Remix), is 8:33 in length and found on CD 2 of "Exposure: The Best Of Gary Numan - 1977 - 2002" as track 15, the final track.
    Cheers for that Ryan/Ken.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Finally!

PM me if you want a 320kbps mp3.

Last edited by Ryan; 11-27-2013 at 02:04 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Received the "Splintered" DVD yesterday and it's very comprehensive - about three hours long. I'm only halfway through it so far. There is a really neat section wherein Gary talks about the whole album song by song and their meanings. He also mentioned that there is some leftover material - one of those tracks, I presume, going to be released as part of the 2014 VIP package as it says "unreleased track" rather than "demo" on the website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Gary Numan talks electronic music on the Hivecast with Matt Pinfield":

http://www.mtvhive.com/2013/11/27/the-hivecast-gary-numan-matt-pinfield/

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Received the "Splintered" DVD yesterday and it's very comprehensive - about three hours long. I'm only halfway through it so far. There is a really neat section wherein Gary talks about the whole album song by song and their meanings. He also mentioned that there is some leftover material - one of those tracks, I presume, going to be released as part of the 2014 VIP package as it says "unreleased track" rather than "demo" on the website.
    At one point Ade says "Scream" - one of the announced song titles that didn't appear on the album, then corrects himself and says "The Calling," so I guess that was its original title.

That just leaves "My Safe & Lonesome Obsession" which could be on the 2014 VIP CD...

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Here is my little "Dead Son Rising and beyond" shrine thingo:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, just saw this little nugget: Gary Numan live on SNL in 1980. Love his outfit on this one.

http://bubblare.se/movie/gary_numan_cars_live_snl_1980

Last edited by aylasaur; 11-28-2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: add image

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Love old Gary. Not so much into the new stuff but I respect that he's continuing on.

First Tubeway Army record through Dance is religious for me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    https://twitter.com/numanofficial/st...41428122333184

Why do I immediately think Reznor when I read that? Wishful thinking I suppose.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    https://twitter.com/numanofficial/st...41428122333184

Why do I immediately think Reznor when I read that? Wishful thinking I suppose.
    Well he did say in 2009 that they plan on making music together.