Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails on Jimmy Kimmel 11.07

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I don't know the story behind this poster, but some people up in the front had them. There wasn't any mention of band merch inside the studio.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I don't know the story behind this poster, but some people up in the front had them. There wasn't any mention of band merch inside the studio.

That looks amazing!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post

Not for sale. The story behind it is that they do this now for bands that play outdoors now on Kimmel. So its maybe a poster like this was done for NIN, or a custom sign just for that performance. Again, 77 were printed, they barely handed out 10 of em to the crowd. And I saw some people who were on the side of the stage holding some. So pretty much VIP guests got the print and Trents camp.

Hand That Feeds

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails on Jimmy Kimmel 11.07

Um ... Beavis .., this is really boring

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    VMoE is one of my favorites on HM, and it's awesome live, but I can't see this blowing anybody away that isn't already a fan.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: Nine Inch Nails on Jimmy Kimmel 11.07

I squealed when they showed the closeup of Alessandro.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Well, that was horribly mixed, and not rearranged very well.

Granted, it's Kimmel and Kimmel sucks, but I'm still not happy with how that was handled at all.

VMoE usually sounds so good, too.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    They only showed VMOE from where they broadcasted here. A little disappointing after waiting through the talk show bits, but still pretty cool, nonetheless. I'm glad that some of you people caught the rest of the set!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Granted, it's Kimmel and Kimmel sucks, but I'm still not happy with how that was handled at all.
    I love Kimmel. Kimmel doesn't suck.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Sucks they only broadcasted VMOE but so cool in my opinion to at least get great view of the stage and what everyone is spending their time doing, ignoring the fact it's a setup for a late night show outdoors stage. :-D

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I love Kimmel. Kimmel doesn't suck.
    Agree to disagree. It hurt me to watch those interviews.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Agreed on Kimmel...not all that funny. I think Fallon would've been a better fit because of his appreciation for music. Good song choice though, better than going with the singles.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Agree to disagree. It hurt me to watch those interviews.
    Oh please, that's one night.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    No idea why TR played this show. If he wanted to play late night, he should have done SNL, at least they still have a cool factor to them...Kimmel? what's next, playing carson daly's show?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sorry was wrong they started at 720 pm. very happy with the set! and obviously cannot wait for tomorrow. rough count: my 10th show tomorrow since 94

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    ...he should have done SNL, at least they still have a cool factor to them...
    Er, they do?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    he should have done SNL, at least they still have a cool factor to them..
    hahahahahah

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    JKL > SNL - all day every day

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Listof Kimmel guests. Oh look, the Arcade Fire playing on the roof of Capital Records.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    good to see NIN on tv in some form and while personally i would have preferred ATLITW as the on air song, can't complain.

i know its wishful thinking but maybe hit up another late night show because hey, this is a way of getting exposure and new fans and im all for that
    im keeping hope that some time tomorrow they will have the rest of the songs up on Kimmel's youtube channel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow.

I gotta say, that was a big disappointment. I regret pestering my best friend to watch it. This is my first time seeing the new lineup with those backup singers...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Wait so no All Time Low at all?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadjesus View Post
    I gotta say, that was a big disappointment. I regret pestering my best friend to watch it. This is my first time seeing the new lineup with those backup singers...

You chose probably the absolute worst way to introduce yourself to the new lineup. Shame on you. Go watch something on YouTube, it's guaranteed to be better.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Uploading the 3 non tv songs. Was in the front row, so good sound, but of course girls going ''wooo!'' should have Sanctified up in 5 mins.
    thanks, suprefan! way better than what i expected we'd get of the non-broadcast songs (which was basically nothing). really good sound for a bootleg video recording. actually, good video for a bootleg video recording, too.

so, anyone who hasn't seen them, i suggest checking them out and quit complaining that NIN didn't promote the new album by playing a song that came out 8 years ago or that they didn't debut a new song in front of some tiny (in-person) audience that probably includes a bunch of non-fans or that NIN isn't the underground group they were in the 1995.

EDIT: love the glitching out your camera is doing in THTF. with the original music video in mind, it almost seems intentional.
    Last edited by m15a; 11-08-2013 at 12:43 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Honestly turned out better than I thought it would, pretty decent IMO. VMOE tonight reminded me a lot of The Fragile on the MTV VMA years back.

And if people wanna complain about the mix, go listen to any YT uploads from a phone. Ughh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got some photos up
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/drtran/...7637434474913/

Should have my videos up in the morning. My bandwidth is slooooooow.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I miss the days when NIN's entire 90 minute concerts were streamed rather than clamoring for a 2 song broadcast on a late night talk show...the good old days

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Uploading the 3 non tv songs. Was in the front row, so good sound, but of course girls going ''wooo!'' should have Sanctified up in 5 mins.

Thanks for uploading these. Any chance you shot VMOE or ATL? I'm interested to hear what they actually sounded like since word is the studio mix wasn't perfect.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I miss the days when NIN's entire 90 minute concerts were streamed rather than clamoring for a 2 song broadcast on a late night talk show...the good old days
    Are you working with Maynard James Keenan now? Cause you're producing a lot of whine.

Anyway, to provide some constructive criticism here: I think they would have been better off doing Copy Of A for the taped performance rather than VMOE, but that's just me. I feel like that song works better in the context of a full concert than a one off performance. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the sound mix was off. Oh well. Network television rarely gets that right. Overall it was interesting to see the band in that format, but I'm not exactly clamoring for more of it. I'm much more interested in seeing the Austin City Limits performance, but it was nice to tune in and see my favorite band on national TV.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 11-08-2013 at 01:00 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That screaming.... It's going to give me nightmares..