Page 122 of 123 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,660 of 3665

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Now Universal is pausing their marketing and promotion of Rammstein: https://www.sueddeutsche.de/kultur/r...3?reduced=true

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Now Universal is pausing their marketing and promotion of Rammstein: https://www.sueddeutsche.de/kultur/r...3?reduced=true
    This is a huge one, along with Riggingwerk (if they are the band's stage company? I might be wrong) - it's becoming impossible to see how this will end any other way than terribly for Till & the band right now.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Schneider posted a long message on Instagram. Original German here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CtjOPD8sgZf/

Reddit has an English text here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Rammstein/c...eider_english/

This strikes me as a mix of concern and cover your ass, overseen by their legal team. Of course Schneider's not going to say anything illegal happened (possibly nothing did). Of course he's going to say it's a shame Till grew apart from the other members professionally. He's very sorry someone didn't have a good time. But in view of Rammstein knowing about Till's trips to the 'suck box' (which I as a fan learned about on a French R+ site in either 2019 or 2020), the entire rigging crew knowing about it, that Till's assistant Danny filmed a BJ then delivered to Zoran Bihac to work into a clip shown as the Lindemann outro, knowing that Makeeva was organizing Till's buffets and seeing Row 0 with his own eyes during the Stadium Tour legs of 2019, 2022, and the first two shows of this year, knowing the reputation of Joe Letz, that Till was doing shots with fans before the show - which could have cost him his pyrotechnics's license - that Till was throwing things around both backstage and in his hotel rooms, that Till had apparently begun using coke again and offering to after-after party guests, the stories about the Lindemann after-parties in the Russian press...he and the other 4 knew damn well their lead singer was in to some shady stuff but chose to say nothing until one Irish woman opened her mouth and revealed all.

I think all this will die down soon, I seriously doubt the investigation will find definitive proof of illegal activity. I hope the Ramms will get this sorted out and they can persuade their singer to get some help, he needs it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I think this is about where I am at with everything.

Reddit post below that i just read, a very measured approach to everything that's transpired so far.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rammstein/c...idence_so_far/

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    surely not THIS band!

Rock bands do weird sex shit and take drugs.
    Zeppelin, Bowie, Aerosmith, Kiss, Type O, Tool, that MM thing everyone was into, Motley Crue...fucking ELVIS.
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-17-2023 at 12:45 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    So the story was dying down, amid a sea of heart balloons and inflatable sharks. Now there's this: https://www.tagesschau.de/investigat...uerfe-100.html

Flake's said in his books he used to be a nasty drunk, which is why his girlfriend (now wife) gave him an ultimatum on his drinking. He chose her over the booze and apparently got himself together.

Wonder who will be the next band member cited - the Richard stories should be interesting.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Well these new allegations are what's probably happened with 90% of the bands that we listen to. It's bad, but it's deeply rooted in society and I'd say a totally different animal than what allegations Till is facing.

I feel very sorry for the victims and their stories are probably true, but these alcohol and drug crazy parties with rockstars end up the same all the time whether with Rammstein or anybody else. You don't even have to be famous for that to happen. Is it wrong? Definitely!

I really wonder how all of this will end up. Is it the end of the band? Will some band members spill the beans? A truly horrible time to be a fan of this band...

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Everything feels very bleh to the point that I don’t want to check this thread anymore.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    https://www.dw.com/en/germany-rammst...ped/a-66659906

I guess this farce can finally end?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Investigation closed due to lack of evidence.

What about this girl saying she was in a relationship with him when she was 15 though?

https://www.spiegel.de/panorama/gese...e-3833f2767eee

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    What about this girl saying she was in a relationship with him when she was 15 though?
    I'm just gonna wild guess here, but maybe...
    lack of evidence
    ?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    @Erneuert No evidence because no one filed charges. Till was right when he said Alle haben Angst vorm Lindemann.

The girl was supposedly a friend of a band member's daughter, and the hookup supposedly known by the band. But neither the daughter nor the father reported the alleged affair to the police. Her stated reason for bringing up the affair now was that she was pissed at Till's denial that anything untoward had ever happened. But apparently not pissed enough to provide her proofs to the Berlin prosecutor, instead of the media.

Meanwhile, Till's got a new song or album due out on 8 September, "Zunge." Link already on Amazon. I fully expect Rammstein to announce their 2024 30th anniversary tour soon.

Nothing to see here, just keep moving.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This whole thing just leaves a bad taste in my mouth regarding the band.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    @SM Rollinger yes, but just think of all the new songs & poems Till will write describing how his Lonely Broken Heart™ was flamed by an Insensitive World. And how much he really, really loves to fick.

I keep thinking of the previous comments made by @Toadflax and @firewlker - power & entitlement.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    So that's it, I guess.

While we all know that everything is true (apart from the spiced drinks handed out by Till himself) it's the sheer power of lawyers and management as well as lacking evidence that saved Till's ass. I'm still curious whether this whole thing will have an impact on the band in the future and if the row 0 will make a return on the next tour. It all leaves a bad taste as SM Rollinger pointed out though.

Well, now give me that Mutter reissue and a big anniversary thing and we can move on!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I've noticed a trend that's a little worrying, where when an allegation comes out about someone, people are prepared to abandon their fandom 100%... and then when charges are dropped, no evidence of wrongdoing was found, etc., people go, "phew" like the allegations never happened.

I think we need to learn to be more nuanced in our thinking. First of all, if you find out an artist you like did some shady stuff, you can disavow the person, but you can also still have a relationship with the art they've made. J.K. Rowling may be a shitty TERF, but Harry Potter has had such an impact on so many of our lives that it doesn't belong to her anymore; it belongs to all of us.

And the reverse is also true. If several women come forward and accuse someone of misconduct, that in itself is telling. Charges and investigations being dropped doesn't mean it didn't happen, and more importantly, regardless of what actually happened, if several people come forward to speak out against someone, they almost certainly did something to deserve it. Yes, there are fringe cases where the accusers are just lying to get attention or money, but when several people speak out, it makes the allegations entirely more likely to be true (or at the very least to have some amount of truth to them).

So anyway, all I'm saying is we need to learn to be okay with things being complicated. There isn't some binary list where someone is either 100% cancelled and we need to disown everything they've every worked on or they're 100% clean and everything is fine and they've never done anything wrong. If you walk away from this news cycle feeling like Till Lindemann is totally free and clear (and I'm not saying anyone here is saying that), you're probably learning the wrong lessons.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    what happened between
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    It all leaves a bad taste as SM Rollinger pointed out though.
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Well, now give me that Mutter reissue and a big anniversary thing and we can move on!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    what happened between
    and
    I was a little bit quick with that one, pardon me. The whole thing left me pretty shaken to this day and I'm pretty sure things will surface in the future. This isn't over yet. Although I was quite surprised that not more international media outlets wrote about this while the tour was running full steam.

Personally I don't care about new music or a new live show to be honest. But I'll still listen to the stuff that I liked in the past. A big anniversary thing that I'd be looking forward to would be a book or some other nice presentation of their body of work. No big celebration while we forget about what has been going on in the media. I'm also quite surprised that the Lindemann shows seem to be happening after all this winter...

Overall I think it's pretty disheartening (especially for the victims and people who felt they were done wrong) how this case is being dropped all of a sudden while we had news and other statements pouring in on a daily basis for weeks.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Last edited by Erneuert; 09-08-2023 at 12:34 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    That Ein Leid one is really interesting, that's a totally overlooked and underrated song.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I love Ein Lied. For a band like Rammstein though, they have a tendency to end albums on unremarkable songs. Or less memorable, save for Rammstein the song on Herzeleid.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    You guys seen the Zunge music video? What the fuck

Song is great!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    What will Till show us next, his colonoscopy? Jesus christ lol

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    For a band like Rammstein though, they have a tendency to end albums on unremarkable songs.
    With due respect, Amour and Hallomann would like a word.

Agree with Ein Lied, underappreciated.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
    With due respect, Amour and Hallomann would like a word.

Agree with Ein Lied, underappreciated.
    Yeah, I dig Amour and Hallomann.

Küss Mich and Roter Sand are a bit meh.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Yeah, I dig Amour and Hallomann.

Küss Mich and Roter Sand are a bit meh.
    Amour and Kiss Mich are up there for me too. Nebel might be the best of the closing tracks.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Does this mean they’ll be playing Mein Land?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Those fucking helmets leave really bad taste in my mouth. Is there really no other direction they can move their imagery toward?