Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 2095

Thread: The Cure

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    LOL was (at least) at the LA third night. Wonder if Robert did a banter or a various lyric about it.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViN View Post
    Less than two weeks to go for me (Sunday June 11th)
    I'm going tonight!!!!!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Well, here I am in recovery mode. Pretty good show, 2 hours 45 minutes on the button. TBH I thought they were better in 2016. That's not saying they were bad this time. I saw an epic show in Portland (Ridgefield) in 2016 that would be hard to top. Part of the issue was a sort of lame Seattle crowd which happens a fair amount. Let's call them second encore people. For instance there were no woah, woahs in Push & very few hands in the sky during FTEOTDGS. For the most part I still can't understand Robert when he talks but he's very clear when he's singing. His voice was great. He must be taking care of it better. The pacing was a bit weird & Robert admitted it (I understood that). He said "fook me I shouldn't have followed 100 years with Lullaby". At times there were too many mopey songs in a row & the show ground to a total halt during Another Happy Birthday. I'm on the fence about that song. The other new songs were very good.
    Reeves blew me away again. It's not just the featured solos but also the little fills he puts in songs. If you isolated his guitar there's some mind blowing stuff in there. He's definitely in my top 5 guitarists. My faves from the show were: Burn, Hungry Ghost, Night Like This, Forest, FTEOTDGS (Forest & FTEOTDGS were totally mighty), Want, Shake Dog Shake & 100 years. So overall it was a good concert. They sure were selling a ton of merch. Robert must've put his foot down about the venues adding money to it. I bought 1 shirt at the show & ordered a few more this morning. I'd go see them again & hopefully with lessons learned this time the ticketing will be less chaotic. I managed to sell my extra outside to a nice (unfortunately married) lady for face value. She enjoyed the show too having never seen them before. She was 10 years younger than me & definitely more into encore 2 which is fine. I'm glad I didn't have to eat the ticket.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I finally got to see them play Disintegration live!! Bucket list moment.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I finally got to see them play Disintegration live!! Bucket list moment.
    How about 10:15/Killing an Arab? I'm totally jealous, missed that by one night!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    How about 10:15/Killing an Arab? I'm totally jealous, missed that by one night!
    Very welcome surprise to end the night!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tickets say 7:30. Can anyone give me a clue what time The Cure is actually starting? My wife and I both work on Saturday, and have to drive to Chicago. I don't mind if we miss some of The Twilight Sad, but I'm trying to figure out how much I need to stress about the drive.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Started at 8:15 in Mountain View.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mqhanlon View Post
    Tickets say 7:30. Can anyone give me a clue what time The Cure is actually starting? My wife and I both work on Saturday, and have to drive to Chicago. I don't mind if we miss some of The Twilight Sad, but I'm trying to figure out how much I need to stress about the drive.
    The tickets said 7:00 in Seattle & Twilight Sad started right on time. They did 45 minutes & the Cure were on at 8:15 so maybe you can move that up a half hour. Twilight Sad were pretty good. Musically excellent but some of the songs are kind of dumb.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Anyone near Minneapolis/St.Paul looking to go to the show tomorrow? I’ve got a couple tickets I can’t use do to unfortunate events. I’m at work all day but I’ll check back when I can. It’s 11a.m. here I’ll let ride until tonight before I put it out elsewhere.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Like Cockatoos and WCIBY? made their tour debuts tonight. And 10:15 and Killing An Arab played again.

Robert also said he wrote “And Nothing Is Forever” for his dad.

Starting to think if the album title “Songs of a Lost World” is actually referring to his own world/life becoming “lost” due to all the deaths in his family.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Like Cockatoos and WCIBY? made their tour debuts tonight. And 10:15 and Killing An Arab played again.

Robert also said he wrote “And Nothing Is Forever” for his dad.

Starting to think if the album title “Songs of a Lost World” is actually referring to his own world/life becoming “lost” due to all the deaths in his family.
    Wish I could've went to more shows. Sadly, just wasn't in the cards.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I’ll be at Blossom tonight.

A month straight of zero rain and today it’s forecasted 100%. When I said “Prayers for rain” that wasn’t what I meant...

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Went to the Cleveland show last night. Amazing show despite the weather and the brief delay. First time I saw The Cure and it is up there in my top 3 live shows of all time.

The new songs are incredible and I sincerely hope the album comes out sometime this year.

I noticed Perry Bamonte didn't look like he was playing at all. One time it looked like he wasn't moving through the entire song. I don't want to speculate, but I wonder if he's going through some kind of financial issue and Robert invited him to join the live band for this tour and act like he's playing guitar and keyboards. He's a great musician, but something seems off.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ridiculously awesome show last night. The whole storm thing was pretty crazy, first time that's ever happened for me there, but I managed to take advantage of the hard reset of all the lines from the lawn clearing out and ended up being one of the first people back in.

Robert Smith is a real man of the people between fighting Ticketmaster's bullshit fees, charging only $25 for a shirt and actually playing the whole set (okay they did 29 songs instead of the usual 30 last night but whatever) and breaking Blossom's 11 PM curfew.

I'll elaborate more and post videos later.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/06/...ome-with-cure/

The Cure has a new album in the works, the first since 2008′s “4:13 Dream.” It’s been mixed, and the band plays up to five songs from it on their tour. They’re just not sure when it will come out or what will be on it.

“There is no release date to my knowledge,” Gabrels says. “We went in [the studio] to keep it concise and do 12 songs we’d all written. Then we worked ‘em up as a band, moved ‘em around, normal songwriting things. And I think we ended up recording 34 songs. We overachieved.”

A songwriting analogy Gabrels says he learned from Bowie: “It’s like trying to get a fire started outdoors, camping. You’ve got flint and kindling and you all have to crowd around it and protect it from the wind so that spark turns into a flame. And you don’t judge the quality of the fire when it’s just the spark. So, we’re in the ‘unfortunate’ position of having 34 pretty good-looking fires going. My point was we couldn’t judge them; we couldn’t see which ones to take to the final stage.”

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    What.The.Fuck.

Album is never coming. I propose we ban all talk of a new Cure album until the music is playing into our ears.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    What.The.Fuck.

Album is never coming. I propose we ban all talk of a new Cure album until the music is playing into our ears.
    It’s like, a few pages ago I posted another Reeves interview where he said they record all their gigs live, and Robert goes back and changes a main guitar riff on certain songs if they think they performed it better live. And now it’s 30+ songs recorded. Then you go back and RS said the album is done and has a track list and artwork, which contradicts what Reeves is saying. Just release the fucking thing, man. We ain’t getting any younger here.

goddamn “Alone” and “Endsong” have been performed live now more than many deep cuts that have been done live, as well as Bloodflowers tracks. Check the setlist.fm statistics. In fact, I think Alone has been done more times than A Letter To Elise at this point.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 06-15-2023 at 02:50 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/06/...ome-with-cure/

The Cure has a new album in the works, the first since 2008′s “4:13 Dream.” It’s been mixed, and the band plays up to five songs from it on their tour. They’re just not sure when it will come out or what will be on it.

“There is no release date to my knowledge,” Gabrels says. “We went in [the studio] to keep it concise and do 12 songs we’d all written. Then we worked ‘em up as a band, moved ‘em around, normal songwriting things. And I think we ended up recording 34 songs. We overachieved.”

A songwriting analogy Gabrels says he learned from Bowie: “It’s like trying to get a fire started outdoors, camping. You’ve got flint and kindling and you all have to crowd around it and protect it from the wind so that spark turns into a flame. And you don’t judge the quality of the fire when it’s just the spark. So, we’re in the ‘unfortunate’ position of having 34 pretty good-looking fires going. My point was we couldn’t judge them; we couldn’t see which ones to take to the final stage.”
    It's a damn shame they can't just get it together and get a record out. Wasted potential of bands recording but not releasing good tracks & new albums is something that saddens me, see: Massive Attack.

And at this point the material is already a few years old.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    It's a damn shame they can't just get it together and get a record out. Wasted potential of bands recording but not releasing good tracks & new albums is something that saddens me, see: Massive Attack.

And at this point the material is already a few years old.
    lol, see my edited rant above.

And yet shit like 4:13 Dream was only delayed a few months, whereas this material is actually GOOD!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    lol, see my edited rant above.

And yet shit like 4:13 Dream was only delayed a few months, whereas this material is actually GOOD!
    Most of the new material is good. I will say though "Another Happy Birthday" ground the whole concert to a halt at the show I saw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    What.The.Fuck.

Someone call Dr. Pepper and get a campaign started!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    It’s like, a few pages ago I posted another Reeves interview where he said they record all their gigs live, and Robert goes back and changes a main guitar riff on certain songs if they think they performed it better live. And now it’s 30+ songs recorded. Then you go back and RS said the album is done and has a track list and artwork, which contradicts what Reeves is saying. Just release the fucking thing, man. We ain’t getting any younger here.

goddamn “Alone” and “Endsong” have been performed live now more than many deep cuts that have been done live, as well as Bloodflowers tracks. Check the setlist.fm statistics. In fact, I think Alone has been done more times than A Letter To Elise at this point.
    Which is insane to think about as Letter to Elise was probably the first Cure song I loved.

Obviously I love this band or I wouldn't check for their news almost daily for what? 15 years now since 4:13! But I am to the point where I just can't even stomach seeing "The Cure" and "New Album" in the same sentence.

At this point I'm just worried that they will tinker with it to the point it will lose what it was meant to be in the first place. Over editing and producing is a big problem with modern records sometimes I think. Perfection isn't necessary, just make sure it means something and the rest will take care of itself. "Once more, with feeling" and all that.

It's frustrating too because of how much I dig pretty much everything they've shown us of the new songs. I even really love Step Into The Light, which some fans didn't dig as much as the others. I really hope that this record can be an exclamation point for one of the best musical acts in history. I hope it's Robert's Blackstar, artistically (minus the actual dying part, obviously).

Or maybe I'm just being selfish. Give me more Cure music now because I want it! But I also have to admit Robert went his whole career only ever doing what the fuck he wanted to do and the albums speak for themselves. I just hope he realizes the fans are going to have his back with whatever he puts out at this point. No one is going to be nitpicking and worried about if a guitar solo was good enough, for example.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    amazing show last night in NYC. took my gf who only knew a few songs but she really enjoyed herself too. the new songs were great and I got quite emotional out of nowhere during one of them. the band sounded amazing and the best I've heard the 3 times I've seen them throughout the years.
    edit: oh yeah, we also got Jumping Someone Else's Train & Grinding Halt
    Last edited by versusreality; 06-23-2023 at 08:17 AM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    those NYC shows were incredible! i also DJed a series of pre/post show fan meetups, and just now feel like a human being again. of all the times i've seen the band, they sound the best yet, imo.

heading to miami to close the tour out, just got tickets and flight confirmed! for anyone coming to the show, please stop by the pre-party for some fan meetup revelry!

https://www.facebook.com/events/3567...9?ref=newsfeed

Last edited by frankie teardrop; 06-26-2023 at 05:30 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I saw people handing out cards of "the official Cure after party" ...was that your show?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    if it cost money, no. we did a bunch of free parties for the fans, by the fans at the chelsea bell! played pretty much 80% of the entire catalogue across three nights!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    sounds awesome!
    yeah, the promo cards being handed out looked more like a hip hop party and the people handing them out were saying "official cure after party" lol!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Please release this album Robert. We’ve heard around half of it now haven’t we?