Thread: 2017.10.20 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Wha?! There has to be more to this story!
    This person rolled in around 7:00pm, stating that they were ONE OF THE FIRST ONES HERE this morning. But I had been there for about 7 hours at that point (and there were people there who were waiting for 6 hours longer than me), and had not seen them once before then. But like, whatever. Get in line, it isn't worth arguing over. But then they just kept letting more and more people in front of those of us who had been waiting around all day. Then people started getting upset. They (Sharpie Nazi) were going down asking everyone WHAT IS YOUR NUMBER?

Like, that isn't how it works. Also it really did not matter at this point, as those of us who were fortunate enough to get upgraded to the VIP tickets were in a separate line from the GA folks, so those original numbers didn't really matter. But you don't get to roll in in the morning, then leave for 10+ hours and think you can just hop in front of everyone who hung out all day. That's really shitty. I ended up telling them that I didn't give a shit about the numbers because I know who I waited around with all day, and I knew who I was in between in the line. I said I didn't care about a number on my hand because I am not 10. Then the SN and another person started yelling, and I told SN to just stand there and be quiet. We didn't give a shit at this point, but to stop antagonizing everyone around them.

The point of those numbers is to hold space for people who need to leave for an hour or two to go eat, or sit down (they weren't allowing us to sit in the hallway), or whatever. Not to allow someone to cut in front of a group of people who had been waiting all day.

Anyway, it was real fucking dumb. But that was the only low point of the whole trip, aside having to go to Vegas!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I thought that was weird too. I went in and sat down in line not even knowing there was a sharpie, because we were in the hallway and had to go hunt this sharpie down just so I made sure I got a "spot", since apparently waiting wasn't enough. It was great though, so I have no complaints.