Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Confessions

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I consider myself a super fan and what gets me is they're people who still haven't seen Closure or listen to whatever, but spend time on this forum instead?? I ask myself how does one even bother wasting time on here when there is so much NIN information out in the world to gain... Not hating on anybody in here it just shocks me, thats all.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Hmm, what have I not confessed already … oh, yeah — I have no intention of ever watching The Broken Movie. I simply don't have the stomach for it. (I have seen the Pinion video, though.)

And I still haven't heard Purest Feeling despite it being mentioned here 9 million times, so I guess I'd better remedy that now.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I saw the Broken movie once and I have no desire to ever see it again.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Still was the album it took me the longest time to finally listen to. I knew of it, had read of it, but decided to wait. Knowing there was NIN material out there I hadn't heard yet was, exciting. I've been in the position of feverishly consuming all the material a band has released (or bootlegs) and I have to say once it's over, it's kind of depressing (I guess my mind finds all sorts of ways to fuel sadness). I wanted to wait as long as possible with NIN, because I needed to prolong that excitement. I guess it was kind of a silly way to think, though I remember that time fondly.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I sometimes can't believe my Nine Inch Nails addiction even though it's clear that I also listen to NIN for highly emotional and sentimental reasons aside from the entertainment factors which are a given anyway.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Some other confessions:

1. I have not seen Closure in its entirety from the beginning to the end.
    2. I do not have Closure halo (SIC!), despite the fact that I have the rest of halos.
    3. I really dislike all NIN remixes that were published during the WT era along with and "Me, I'm Not" remix from YearZeroRemixed.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_b View Post
    2. I do not have Closure halo (SIC!), despite the fact that I have the rest of halos.
    Nor I, unless you count the digital version, I don't see the point in getting something on VHS if it's available on other formats by the artist. The only VHS tapes I have are a few promo tapes for bands and Fantasia for obsessive collecting reasons.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    When i hear opening beat on "head like a hole" i always think of a butterfly trapped in a window frame, flapping wings and not finding exit.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    Hmm, what have I not confessed already … oh, yeah — I have no intention of ever watching The Broken Movie. I simply don't have the stomach for it. (I have seen the Pinion video, though.)

And I still haven't heard Purest Feeling despite it being mentioned here 9 million times, so I guess I'd better remedy that now.
    it's probably better that you DON'T watch the broken movie...and by you i mean anyone.
    @eversonpoe , "superfans" is what trent called people telling him that he was singing the lyrics to closer wrong on the LITS tour...it was pretty damn funny.
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-18-2014 at 06:47 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The first time I remember TR using the term "superfans" was right after Ghosts was released (when he was talking in interviews about getting so involved in marketing). He was talking about the "small but ultra-loyal portion of fans" who would buy anything a musician released (in all variants), and also come to multiple shows, buy tons of merch, etc.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Now that I've heard Purest Feeling (twice!), I can confess that I would've totally been listening to that back in '88 if it had been released, and probably would still be listening to it now. Holy shit.

If you could add Sin and HLAH (Copper), rerecord some of the vocals and put Ringfinger's lyrics on Twist, it would crush PHM as an album. It's even got a version of Down In It that I can tolerate.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    Now that I've heard Purest Feeling (twice!), I can confess that I would've totally been listening to that back in '88 if it had been released, and probably would still be listening to it now. Holy shit.

If you could add Sin and HLAH (Copper), rerecord some of the vocals and put Ringfinger's lyrics on Twist, it would crush PHM as an album. It's even got a version of Down In It that I can tolerate.
    Even though I and a ton of people joke about Maybe Just Once and Purest Feeling, I genuinely love both of those songs, they have a total 80's charm to them (I guess that counts as a NIN confession, too).

I would've shit my pants if during Black Noise, Josh Eustis on the sax stopped doing the blows on Black Noise and turned it into Purest Feeling.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I think people who hate PF/MJO are people who hate happiness

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I like Maybe Just Once a lot, but Purest Feeling has always left me feeling a little cold. It's not quite there, if that makes sense. I can see why it didn't make the cut. It's not a bad track, but not as good as Maybe Just Once in my opinion.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I shouldn't look at the setlist from tonight's show, because I'll feel stupidly and unfairly disappointed but I will anyway

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I like Maybe Just Once a lot, but Purest Feeling has always left me feeling a little cold. It's not quite there, if that makes sense. I can see why it didn't make the cut. It's not a bad track, but not as good as Maybe Just Once in my opinion.
    Agreed, but it's got the makings of something great. If someone had put a gun to his head and said "this is going on the album" I'm sure he would have make it work.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I cannot watch AATCHB DVD anymore... It's because of its errors and mistakes in editing. I know that they have filmed it during a few concerts, but... why the hell Robin changed his clothes, hair style, etc. between these concerts? Now, when I'm watching this DVD, I focus on the (yeah, pain of) editing issues. :-(

I can stand the editing mistakes when Robin is next to Charlie and during the next shot he is next to Trent. But when I see that Robin is in red (pink?) and next in black pants, different t-shirts and has completely different hair style during two following shots, then I'm starting to believe that AATCHB editing is far f...king away from being named as "professional".

But hey, this DVD still kicks ass and the audio sounds incredible. :-)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Being in the middle of editing a couple of different NIN concerts myself, I can only agree. I go to great lengths to avoid any continuity errors, nothing worse than that.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_b View Post
    I cannot watch AATCHB DVD anymore... It's because of its errors and mistakes in editing. I know that they have filmed it during a few concerts, but... why the hell Robin changed his clothes, hair style, etc. between these concerts? Now, when I'm watching this DVD, I focus on the (yeah, pain of) editing issues. :-(

I can stand the editing mistakes when Robin is next to Charlie and during the next shot he is next to Trent. But when I see that Robin is in red (pink?) and next in black pants, different t-shirts and has completely different hair style during two following shots, then I'm starting to believe that AATCHB editing is far f...king away from being named as "professional".

But hey, this DVD still kicks ass and the audio sounds incredible. :-)
    I remember self-aware quotes to that effect back when that came out -- how it was at least contemplated as part of an effect for how chaotic the shows were. whether that was after-the-fact rationalizing, I don't know. I don't remember being bothered by it, but I haven't watched that in probably 10 years

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    At least it has consistent 4:3 ratio. On Manson's GGG DVD the footage shot in 4:3 is sliced together with footage taken in 16:9 AND stretched vertically to 4:3.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Now THAT sucks indeed. Why the hell would they do that?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    At least it has consistent 4:3 ratio. On Manson's GGG DVD the footage shot in 4:3 is sliced together with footage taken in 16:9 AND stretched vertically to 4:3.
    yeah, I remember watching that DVD and thinking how professional AATCHB came across in comparison. so... there's that

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Ever seen the Queen Rocks Montreal live album? Freddie intentionally changed clothes on the two recording nights just to fuck with the crew, it's not unusual for that kinda thing to happen

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yeah, I bought that for my father for his birthday... Seen it, but... haven't noticed that! I'm going to watch it once again but I'm not going to tell about this fact it to my father. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Confession 1: Looking forward to finally seeing Cold Cave and Sound Garden live more than NiN this tour... :O
    NOTE: The second to last time I saw NiN live was during Wave Goodbye tour with Numan, in a ~700 capacity venue, and this setlist http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-i...-6bd79af2.html. Can you blame me?

Confession 2: I still think Hesitation Marks is embarrassing and should have never seen the light of day/record stores/internet.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss.Selfdestruct View Post
    Confession 2: I still think Hesitation Marks is embarrassing and should have never seen the light of day/record stores/internet.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    My confession:
    Im the guy who yelled "head like a hole" during hurt that made trent mad....my bad...i just wanted them to break into HLAH again at that very moment. That wouldve killed.

jk

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Confession 1: Looking forward to finally seeing Cold Cave and Sound Garden live more than NiN this tour... :O
    NOTE: The second to last time I saw NiN live was during Wave Goodbye tour with Numan, in a ~700 capacity venue, and this setlist http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-i...-6bd79af2.html. Can you blame me?

1. I was at that gig too and yes, yes I can. Also it wasn't the Wave Goodbye tour with Numan.
    2. Have you met billpulsipher?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Amen. Nothing truer has been spoken ever.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Amen. Nothing truer has been spoken ever.
    I'd give up trying to out Bill Bill, he has a certain curmudgeonly gravitas I don't think you will achieve (plus bill likes HM, he's got an unfair rep of hating everything (and I mean everything not Everything) based on being a bit one-note on disliking the back up singers)
    Last edited by WorzelG; 07-24-2014 at 09:14 AM.