Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by filmfanb View Post
    feels like the first half of two different sets
    Anyway it was interesting, haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    NIИ Live Archive@RITCNIN4m
    People.. The DIME torrent of Reading will be up on RITC in a few hours. In time. Patience.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    FYI. You already can find the broadcast on DIME:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=462382

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i am so happy that i chose Belfast over reading/leeds we got a 2 hour set with full production and a really decent crowd full of NIN fans all for £36

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Fuck, I'd be happy with that setlist. A tad short, but a lot of the "greatest hits" I wouldn't be crushed not to hear.

Definitely an odd setlist. I could see how a newcomer wouldn't find the first half too stimulating though. Not a lot of upbeat, "rock"-y songs in there. The second half pretty much all rage though.
    Last edited by MrSlfDstruct; 08-25-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If Trent wasnt angry before he started touring he sure is now. I suspect that this will be the last time NIN will perform at the R+L festivals

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree it's weird that the rockier songs are at the end - you'd think they would have been more inclined to put everything from SD onwards at the start - but maybe it was deliberately disjointed so that only the fans would enjoy it, knowing the tracks. I've been to NIN club gigs right after festivals, before, and Trent has always made some comment about how fucking awful the crowds can be so perhaps that was his attitude.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    umm nice last three tunes could of gone mad to that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did you guys hear this already?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urizen View Post
    Did you guys hear this already?

That's not even from this show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nah, I know. I found it and I just freaked out!
    Reading will be up shortly apparently.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just got back from Reading - it was a fucking awesome gig. There was no hate where I was, got to hear the new stuff despite no production. Finally heard Me, I'm Not and The Warning. The crowd where I was clapped along to Disappointed with no prompting. Lots of people enjoying it who you wouldn't think would be into NIN, great

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    just got back and i'm knackered so i'll keep this brief.

they rocked. absolutely blew most of the other bands out of the water.

I was there with my kids so i wasn't deep in the pit or anything. Kept a safe distance but got a decent view due to the size of the crowd....more of that later.

trent was obviously VERY pissed off and almost spat every line that could be directed at the organisers. any time a lyric said "fuck you" he seemed to shout it a little more than usual. he kept disappearing to the back of the stage into the (very heavy) smoke and you could just catch him shouting at somebody on the video screens. there were a few moments where I thought we were about to get either a speech or a "somethings gonna get broken" moment but they held it together and just delivered a brilliant set of two halves.

as has been pointed out before by other people, the first part was mostly promotional. you can see from the setlist it seems to be the tunes that they specifically wanted to play or the label wanted them to play.

then they got angry.

and blew the roof off.

While the crowd was a LOT smaller than it was for fall out boy (kids eh?) there were obviously a lot of people there who didn't really know who NIN were but had stayed around anyway....and for every disinterested teen there was another voice somewhere deep in the crowd saying "wow, these guys are really good"

i've got a couple of short-ish vids that i might stick up if the quality is any good and nothing better surfaces.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That was fucking excellent.
    i knew something was up when the usual screens didn't come out, they had a wall of strobes like at the O2 in '09.
    the set was so good. The low-key technoish drum machine stuff built a steady load of dancing with the faithful there early (I wasn't close to the front and there was a lot of dancing). I thought we were in for a Sonisphere repeat actually. It was exciting to not know where the set was going.
    Somewhat Damaged was an arrangement that started with kinda ambient noises, then vocals, the RIFF. Soon as they hit that I knew the backend was going to be HEAVY. It bridged those two sets perfectly.
    Burn was so fucking savage.
    to me, Trent looked like he enjoyed it but who knows. The end was super abrupt, and twenty minutes short.
    they started in daylight but by the heavy section it was total darkness, the lights were incredible.
    i thought it was probably the best NIN show I've seen tbh. the unpredictability of it was exciting, and the constant mood in each half worked so well, it really let me lock into the vibe.
    Last edited by ManOfAtom; 08-25-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stefler View Post
    FYI. You already can find the broadcast on DIME:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=462382
    anyway of getting this without having to go to DIME? no DIME account here and comcast doesn't let me access it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    anyway of getting this without having to go to DIME? no DIME account here and comcast doesn't let me access it.
    Same with meeee.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Id prefer an audio rip, but im kinda busy at the moment... Anybody on that?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Id prefer an audio rip, but im kinda busy at the moment... Anybody on that?
    Hi.

http://reflectinginthechrome.com/sho.../20130825.html

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Ryan thank you sir

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacabreMagpie View Post
    I agree it's weird that the rockier songs are at the end - you'd think they would have been more inclined to put everything from SD onwards at the start - but maybe it was deliberately disjointed so that only the fans would enjoy it, knowing the tracks. I've been to NIN club gigs right after festivals, before, and Trent has always made some comment about how fucking awful the crowds can be so perhaps that was his attitude.
    It was probably logistical since all of the songs up until SD are more electronic based, and played with a particular set of instruments. Haven't seen video, but I'm guessing they had the stage set for those songs then moved to the rock stuff since they got fucked on their production. I love how they ended with Wish, I think that was only done on some of the Aussie shows in 2009.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone else noticed the bbc site and the official reading site have cock blocked trent.. Unless I'm mistaken nin is the only main stage act they haven't posted any official photos or videos from?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    anyone do an album art?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m3chanical View Post
    Has anyone else noticed the bbc site and the official reading site have cock blocked trent.. Unless I'm mistaken nin is the only main stage act they haven't posted any official photos or videos from?
    The official reading Twitter and facebook thing posting said something like '20 years of material and they sound fucking incredible' - also NIN told the BBC not to stream so maybe that's why no videos?

They did sound incredible, I was overwhelmed when Copy of A started and everyone started dancing. Does not compute that anyone could watch that stuff and not be impressed even without the big production
    Last edited by WorzelG; 08-26-2013 at 12:44 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    aint from the official stream but is something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    The official reading Twitter and facebook thing posting said something like '20 years of material and they sound fucking incredible' - also NIN told the BBC not to stream so maybe that's why no videos?
    Thanks for correcting me..

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So in their blog of the festival NME link to a report on the whole thing. The promoter responds that nothing had changed from the contract they signed to. But I actually saw the full production screens behind the black curtain while they were setting up, why would NIN shaft their own production as it took so much time and effort to make. Doesn't make sense

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/72258

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinCollins420 View Post
    According to Twitter, Trent said 'fuck rock and roll by the way' whilst on stage.

also an Instagram video of someone making a teddy headbang to Terrible Lie, so that was played.
    The teeny-bob, commercial band before (Fall Out Boy) made some speech about 'rock-and-roll being about everything and everything being about rock-and-roll' or something like that. Trent's quote was a nice dig at that.

Was a great show no matter what, but wanted to punch the douchebags that were asking 'how long is this band on for?' as they were clearly there for some Bif guy...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^i saw a few songs of Biffy Clyro a few years ago as they were headlining Sonisphere - we were repelled to the beer tent by sheer humdrumness. What do people see in that band?

Since when were Fall Out Boy even rock and roll anyway?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    DIME torrents stuck finding peers for me at about 98%, anyone else having problems? Looks like waiting for RITC to upload the video