Page 54 of 241 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indefinite_Cure View Post
    Typical NIN fan reaction. Hears 2 studio tracks and 2 live tracks out of 14, dismisses the album entirely.

I can't wait to hear it in its entirety. So far, I must say Copy of A is stuck in my head more than Came Back Haunted was.
    I really don't understand how some people are having a negative reaction to these songs. How long have they been NIN fans? Cause this style has always been a part of his music since PHM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroisGreg View Post
    Well, let's see... I've dug PHM, BRkn, Fxd, TDS, TF, TPG, CTGod, other singles, TFA, YZ, WithaT, Tslip, GHST (not exactly in this order). So, it looks like HM is gonna be skipped after listening to CBH, CopA, FMway, Disap thinking this is pretty much it. This is how the album will sound. It's always funny to me when I read comments from someone saying "hey, didn't think much of it but then I played it the 15th time and now it's growing on me" or "man, this is meh...oh wait, it will sound better somehow when it's in context"...pfffft. I don't want to be happy. I want pain, drilling guitars, heavy shit. Not drum machines and happy synth blips and cymbal ticks. (next nin album name?).
    Almost every one of those albums are filled with drum machines are synths..... errrrp a derp?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Yeah it does sound like an incredible lack of foresight here. From The downward spiral onward, each album has been less and less focused on picking the scabs, to paraphrase a recurring theme... So, complaining in 2013 that there's not enough pain in Reznor's creations sounds sooo 2005... Not to mention that from the get go, NIN has been heavily influenced by the whole 80ies electronic scene. In a time when it circles back in trend, it's only natural that NIN gets back to its roots. The more music Reznor does, the more apparent it is that The Downward Spiral was just a slight detour in heavy/tortured material.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InvitingmeAway View Post
    I really don't understand how some people are having a negative reaction to these songs. How long have they been NIN fans? Cause this style has always been a part of his music since PHM!
    On the other hand, you just have to be a fan since 21 years/1992 to shake your head at the bleepbloop direction things have taken. You start with broken and go on with TDS, discard PHM because it's not your thing and voilà...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroisGreg View Post
    Well, let's see... I've dug PHM, BRkn, Fxd, TDS, TF, TPG, CTGod, other singles, TFA, YZ, WithaT, Tslip, GHST (not exactly in this order). So, it looks like HM is gonna be skipped after listening to CBH, CopA, FMway, Disap thinking this is pretty much it. This is how the album will sound. It's always funny to me when I read comments from someone saying "hey, didn't think much of it but then I played it the 15th time and now it's growing on me" or "man, this is meh...oh wait, it will sound better somehow when it's in context"...pfffft. I don't want to be happy. I want pain, drilling guitars, heavy shit. Not drum machines and happy synth blips and cymbal ticks. (next nin album name?).
    Well that's definitely a thing you said right there. Don't really know WHY you decided to share this with us, but thanks for the input!

But add me to the list of people who were content with waiting until they started reading all the leak-theories and is now checking everywhere whenever they can.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my voice just View Post
    and i can`t stop myself from keep hearing:

Why all the change of heart? You need a pa-per

go listen, it`s just there
    haha Good one. I couldn't help but focus on that line a lot more lately...because its sound.

Though I knew better, I was hearing "You need to play your pun."

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laci View Post
    I have just found out that Hesitation Marks will be released in Europe by Universal Music.
    I contacted Sony Music Hungary and I was told that Sony won't release any NIN materieal in Europe as UM will do it. WTF?
    They also sent me a Deezer link of CBH where Universal is listed as the label: http://www.deezer.com/hu/album/6658906

Have any of you already known about this? After all the complaining in 2007... Unexpected.
    how have you worded your question? i haven't got any response regarding russian release whatsoever

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The more I check this thread
    The more I die
    Last edited by The Reason Being; 08-16-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I finally preordered this yesterday at my local music store. Copy of A is pretty damn good, better than Came Back Haunted. I'm super stoked for this album!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I think t-rez only leaked the stuff out that he did on previous albums because he was so frustrated with Interscope. I guess Columbia hasn't had a chance to screw him over yet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I imagine it probably requires a lot of restraint on TR's part to not give us anything new at this point. Usually when it comes to new NIN projects he can't shut himself up. For some reason he seems to be actively not giving anything at all away, and I bet that after having an all new NIN record finished for quite some time, its pretty tough not to just go "okay fine, here you go!".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    i think t-rez only leaked the stuff out that he did on previous albums because he was so frustrated with interscope. I guess columbia hasn't had a chance to screw him over yet.

well fuck columbia will you hurry up!!!!!!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    It looked to me like @shynola on Twitter were doing some NIN video - not definite though. They seem to be doing a lot of things for the uk now, doing Scala, Reading / Leeds in a week, Ireland, maybe a single / video will coincide with that?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    It looked to me like @shynola on Twitter were doing some NIN video - not definite though. They seem to be doing a lot of things for the uk now, doing Scala, Reading / Leeds in a week, Ireland, maybe a single / video will coincide with that?
    Good call. They tweeted on August 6th that they would be shooting a new video the following day for someone they've worked with before. On the 8th, NIN posted that still from "We're In This Together" which Trent then commented on referring to the video he just shot the previous day.

Here's the image I assume you were referring to:

They tweeted it, saying cryptically, "Everything will be revealed soon..."

Could be a safe bet that they're producing the new video.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I think t-rez only leaked the stuff out that he did on previous albums because he was so frustrated with Interscope. I guess Columbia hasn't had a chance to screw him over yet.
    I was thinking today....the HTDA album never leaked (although it was on pitchfork advance) and it was on Colombia as well....maybe Colombia is really really good at preventing leaks.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenfragility View Post
    I was thinking today....the HTDA album never leaked (although it was on pitchfork advance) and it was on Colombia as well....maybe Colombia is really really good at preventing leaks.
    Part of me hopes it doesn't leak in a way. I mean the feeling of getting an album via preorder a few days early in advance of the release date and franticly putting it in your computer/cd player/car or whatever and listening to the first time knowing it's not available online yet is a feeling that cannot be beaten.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Was just tagged in this photo...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah – I was thinking that Columbia is good at preventing leaks. Did Daft Punk 'RAM' leak?... I don't think it did until day before it's release. They are with Columbia now as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, but didn't they do a "streaming" listen now thing a couple weeks out?...and so did QOTSA. So maybe we will get that too?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post

someonegrabadiskanduploadsomeonegrabadiskandupload someonegrabadiskanduploadsomeonegrabadiskandupload someonegrabadiskanduploadsomeonegrabadiskandupload someonegrabadiskanduploadsomeonegrabadiskandupload someonegrabadiskanduploadsomeonegrabadiskandupload someonegrabadiskanduploadsomeonegrabadiskandupload someonegrabadiskanduploadsomeonegrabadiskandupload someonegrabadiskanduploadsomeonegrabadiskandupload someonegrabadiskanduploadsomeonegrabadiskandupload someonegrabadiskandupload

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Great now my hand is bleeding from trying to punch through the screen and grab one. Thanks.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    God I love that old TDS font. Seeing it on an actual CD case... Reminds me of the good old days. Cannot wait to get this shit and jam the fuck out of it.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm F5ing this thread so hard right now

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    When that picture showed up, I had an urge to lick the screen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    sweet jesus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spongebob is keeping rhythm with COA. I'm being hypnotyzied.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm already developing theories in my head...was it a friend who works at some retail place who got them? Will they grab one and upload it? CAN WE GET A LEAK BY TONIGHT????

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No its probably going to leak on monday morning, when I will have to be away from the internet for about five fucking days.