Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dream NIN Lineup for 2016

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I hope the backup singers never, ever, ever happen again. That was a horrible nightmare I never want to relive again.
    I hope they do, I loved both what they added in terms of layers of sound in the live variants of the songs they were in, and they are also very nice people.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I hope the backup singers never, ever, ever happen again. That was a horrible nightmare I never want to relive again.

So.... just to make sure we're all on the same page and there's no confusion- you did not care for, nor want to see the female back-up singers again?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    i remember when i said something to that effect and sarah k called me racist.....

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    i remember when i said something to that effect and sarah k called me racist.....
    I think you're remembering your word choice incorrectly...

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    Me too, I said something to the effect of them
    being doo wop singers or something and suddenly I was ETS's resident KKK member. @Krazy yasss
    Last edited by tony.parente; 12-30-2015 at 07:52 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sort of fun to dream, it's been a long time since i've posted but i love NIN excitement!

Guitar - Robin
    Bass - Pino or Paul Barker
    Synths - Alesonadro, Danny (love his intensity no matter what he plays) or Chris Vrenna
    Drums - Jerome Dillon

I'm also on the pro back up singers but I want them to do the HLAH whaling too! I can't imagine what levels of intensity and horror that it would inject into what is seen as like the typical "rock anthem" ending the shows go with. Also, fuck the "free Wes Borland" shit. That dude made his decision years ago when he passed up APC and NIN for Limp Bizkit. Yeah, the dude is fucking talented as hell and Black Light Burns has it moments but when you make the decisions he did, it doesn't make it hard to question their artistic integrity. No offense, it just kind of reeks easy money over art.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Highly unlikely but I would love Jerome Dillion back on drums. ..he was a truly great drummer..i love those Fragility shows from 2000 i know Trent hates them... but i think its their best tour... Jerome is never going to happen though.

Would be amaze to see Danny returning on bass also.

in fact i just want the whole Fragility line up back. Was too short lived.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    Highly unlikely but I would love Jerome Dillion back on drums. ..he was a truly great drummer..i love those Fragility shows from 2000 i know Trent hates them... but i think its their best tour... Jerome is never going to happen though.

Would be amaze to see Danny returning on bass also.

in fact i just want the whole Fragility line up back. Was too short lived.
    A Fragility 2016 tour with updated production (but still reflect on the original design) would be fucking awesome. Josh Freese can fill in for Jerome.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    A Fragility 2016 tour with updated production (but still reflect on the original design) would be fucking awesome. Josh Freese can fill in for Jerome.
    I can't imagine anyone would dislike that, even Bill.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    being doo wop singers or something and suddenly I was ETS's resident KKK member. @Krazy yasss
    Burn in hell racist!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    You should be Donald Trump's running mate!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    You should be Donald Trump's running mate!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    An updated production of what we just got would be amazing. I mean, that was the most awesome and visually stunning live show ever made by man. Anything less would be a step back.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by placepinion View Post
    An updated production of what we just got would be amazing. I mean, that was the most awesome and visually stunning live show ever made by man. Anything less would be a step back.
    LITS production was better than Tension, IMHO. Think most people here would agree.

That being said TR stated that a lot of Tension's production got scrapped cuz a lot didn't work out technically. Would love to see what they had up their sleeves for that since Tension was billed as starting off with where LITS ended.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    i thought it was fucking great.

very pink floyd-ish.

but i'm into shit like that. i like songs to be "re-imagined," like i said before.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    What if Aaron North is in the new lineup?

lol

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    What if Aaron North is in the new lineup?

lol
    If the 2016 tour is just him playing NIN shows in shitty, empty bars around Orange County, entirely solo, I'd watch the fuck out of that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've actually been thinking about the potential new band these last couple days. Aaron is actually my favorite band member, but I doubt he's coming back anytime soon. The only time we've heard from him since 2008 was two years ago and he didn't seem to be doing too well, though I would still bring him back for something Year Zero-related (along with Freese and Jeordie, obviously; for all we know, Alessandro might still be involved with NIN). Apparently Ilan is working on some solo stuff, so he might be on his way out. My first choice for a drummer would be Gavin Harrison, depending on whether Robert Fripp plans to record a new King Crimson album or if Steven Wilson plans to bring back Porcupine Tree next year. And as for bassists, how about Tim Skold because he also plays guitar and keyboards. Paul Barker would be my second choice, though he doesn't do guitar (which would make "The Wretched" and "March Of The Pigs" a bit different).

Either way, the NIN live band works best as a five piece. Here's the tl;dr version of the lineup:

TR (obviously): Lead vocals, guitar, keyboards
    Robin: Lead guitar
    Tim Skold or Paul Barker: Bass, keyboards
    Alessandro: Keyboards
    Gavin Harrison (or, if he's unavailable, Chris Vrenna or Josh Freese): Drums
    Josh Eustis (sixth member in case I go with the latter bassist): Keyboards, second guitar

Or alternatively:

TR: Lead vocals, guitar, keyboards
    Robin: Lead guitar
    Danny Lohner: Bass, keyboards, guitar
    Charlie Clouser: Keyboards
    Chris Vrenna: Drums, keyboards

Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i thought it was fucking great.

very pink floyd-ish.

but i'm into shit like that. i like songs to be "re-imagined," like i said before.
    I actually prefer the live Floyd that was just the four band members jamming while simply using their songs as a backbone. Maybe NIN could do something like that!
    Last edited by Patrick_Nicholas; 12-31-2015 at 07:03 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I loved the updated rendition of 'Sanctified' and how old the olds songs like 'Closer' were amped up and re-realized in a modern way. One song I'd love to see get the modern treatment by Trent in a live show is 'Down In It'. If they did a new version of that I'd lose it!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Kinda surprised no one's mentioned Justin Meldal-Johnsen. That dude was solid on bass, and just seemed to be having a lot of fun on stage, which was infectious. Pino's the better player for sure, and I certainly wouldn't scoff at another tour with him, but his stage presence was lacking. JMJ seems to me the right mix of talent and presence for the bass position. Bring back Freese on drums, keep Robin and Ally, and, yeah, I just realized my dream line-up is basically the LITS band (but add the back up singers for good measure). I guess it's because that was my first NIN live experience, and it's hard to imagine having more fun at a show than I had that night.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I have thought about Justin but I think he's still playing with Beck right now.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Possible NIN tour...... Fuck, I hope so! I have no money and don't deserve it, but I don't give a fuck, I'll throw money I don't have at some tix!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    If he could dare turn off the click track, SMPTE, 16th bass notes from DAT... maybe he could play with the big kids. Maybe he could stop hiding behind a light show.

We'll see, he tried. Why do you think Belew bounced? He isn't wasting time on playing to tape.

Do you really think that after all that he's gonna do nin live if he can't groove.

I mean God bless Garson but he ain't a guitarist in a rock band.
    Last edited by emptydesk; 01-03-2016 at 06:19 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I remember people disliking Pino's stage presence, and while I can see where he isn't everyone's cup of tea in that regard, I loved it -- I just felt like I was getting to see an absolute professional at the top of his game thoroughly grooving into the material and doing his thing, and that to me can be just as satisfying or engaging to see as someone like Aaron North with his more punk rocker sensibillities. There's a time and a place for either end of that spectrum, and at least for Tension, Pino perfect for that material and presentation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    NIN2016

Trent Reznor
    Robin Finck- Guitar.
    Aaron North - Guitar, occasional Keys, stage-fuckery.
    JMJ - Bass, Saxaphone, Theremin, Guitar
    Clouser- Programming, Keys, Guitar
    Josh Freese - WHUMPWHUMPWHUMPTISH

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Pino doesn't need to do anything when he's playing the bass. He's too cool to move around. Seeing the video of him playing bass for that song NIN did w/ Gary Numan where he was bopping his head. That was fucking cool.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Trent/Atticus
    The soundtrack tour

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Trent
    Alessandro
    Robin Fink
    Aaron North
    Josh Freese
    Jordie White

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I thought that... Until I saw The Weeknd.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Trent, Ilan, Robin, JMJ, and Allesandro.