Page 211 of 215 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 209 210 211 212 213 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,330 of 6449

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    I think Ilan was occupied with other stuff at the time - either The New Regime or Angels & Airwaves
    Yeah, that would be the obvious answer. Just seems weird it hasn't been asked of either of them, at least that I've seen.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by camebackhaunted View Post
    WTF are you talking about?
    https://thepiratebay.org/description.php?id=3910728
    Here's an extant FLAC torrent from 2007, I originally downloaded the same torrent in 2005, probably from old demonoid.
    The FLAC version from back then was either a transcode from a lossy format or from a cassette that had degraded, I don't recall which. I remember there being a drop in quality in comparison to the other tracks ripped in FLAC from that album.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Yeah, FLAC is a lossless format, doesn't mean lossless source, or high quality... As far as I remember anyway, the sound on that track was quite muddy compared to the CD. I had tried to make a "complete" Fragile album, no dice, the drop was too drastic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I wonder if trent flosses

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Has anyone else heard of the My Violence bootleg mentioned here? https://www.ninlive.com/shows/2007/20070524.html I'd like to track one down.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prick View Post
    Has anyone else heard of the My Violence bootleg mentioned here? https://www.ninlive.com/shows/2007/20070524.html I'd like to track one down.
    I bought it at Back Trip Records (now Zassap Records) in Shinjuku in 2010.
    https://imgur.com/a/Zw9r4t4

When these bootlegs get so old, they can be hard to find. It looks like you might be able to still buy one here or here:
    https://pexp.net/main/aserch2.php?art=286
    http://www.junk-headz.com/NINE-INCH-NAILS-page.htm

The "Osaka Two Days" is a set of "My Violence" and "Revisionism".
    I have bought from both of those sites before, but not directly. I have my friend in Japan buy them and then re-ship them to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hell yeah, thank you so much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Where the heck is YZ DE?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2020k View Post
    Where the heck is YZ DE?
    Same place as the Tension Blu-Ray and The Fragile 5.1 mix

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    When was the alternate version of Somewhat Damaged debuted? I saw a vid of the live version that's more like the album version, but when did it change?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    When was the alternate version of Somewhat Damaged debuted? I saw a vid of the live version that's more like the album version, but when did it change?
    The Summer 2006 tour, when it was played first in the set, opening unexpectedly from behind the cage. It can be seen on Beside You in Time.

Since then, it's always been played that way. Prior to that, it was only played on the Fragility tour, in the album manner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lots of activity here is there a nin announcement coming ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by That other guy View Post
    Lots of activity here is there a nin announcement coming ?
    Yeah, soon

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    Yeah, soon
    TM

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone remember the username of the person that shared the 2005 rehearsal audio?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skip niklas View Post
    Does anyone remember the username of the person that shared the 2005 rehearsal audio?
    Wasn’t it mofoboy or something like that, @piggy ?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Wasn’t it mofoboy or something like that, @piggy ?
    Yeah, I think it was mofoboy25. The uploads on archive.org are under that name.
    Last edited by piggy; 01-29-2023 at 06:30 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's what I thought, thanks piggy!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Anyone know anything about this TVT sampler?

https://www.discogs.com/Various-TVT-...elease/9407932

I realized that it was released months before PHM was actually released. Though "Down In It" is likely the album version, the listed runtime on HLAH does not correspond to any known version and raises the tantalizing possibility that this could be an early unknown version.
    I just bought a copy of this off Discogs, so we'll find out soon about the mixes. I realize your post is from 2020, so maybe someone bought a copy between now and then and answered the question.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I just bought a copy of this off Discogs, so we'll find out soon about the mixes. I realize your post is from 2020, so maybe someone bought a copy between now and then and answered the question.
    I had someone who was going to obtain a cassette player to play their copy and find out, but it's been months/years, so you will likely beat them. I look forward to your results!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I had someone who was going to obtain a cassette player to play their copy and find out, but it's been months/years, so you will likely beat them. I look forward to your results!
    Me too!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone ever seen the full Digg interview with Trent? All I could find are clips of him answering questions about Tapeworm and the bassist Justin-Meldal Johnson. There is a website where it goes over the top questions from the interview but none of the answers from Trent are mentioned there either.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scribnation View Post
    Anyone ever seen the full Digg interview with Trent? All I could find are clips of him answering questions about Tapeworm and the bassist Justin-Meldal Johnson. There is a website where it goes over the top questions from the interview but none of the answers from Trent are mentioned there either.
    I remember it coming out at the time, I’m sure someone will have it archived somewhere. There was also a fan one conducted soon after.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I got the TVT Records NMS 10 Sampler tape today. I can confirm that Down In It is the same as the album version.

Head Like A Hole is a noticeably different mix of the album version and overall longer. It corresponds with no other mix I have heard before. The differences I heard are:
    -The main snare sound is pitched lower than the album version or just a different sample altogether.
    -The snare part is slightly different during parts of the song.
    -The breakdown after the second chorus is longer and totally different sounding, less instrumentation but with a more prominent synth percussion part panning left and right.
    -The last chorus and "Bow down before the one you serve" outro are both longer, which is why this is nearly 1 minute longer along with that longer breakdown.

This mix is credited to Keith LeBlanc, who is not credited for the mix on the album version of HLAH, and only for the Clay mix on the HLAH single.

I was able to get a recording so I could compare to the album version, but my tape deck is acting up and running slightly slower than it should be (I was able to correct it in Adobe Audition but that's less than ideal). I need to get a new tape deck so I can make a better transfer, or I could get with Ryan @ninlive and get him to do the transfer. Either way, I'd like to share this mix with folks, just want to get a good transfer of it first.
    Last edited by trollmanen; 02-23-2023 at 11:26 PM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    or I could get with Ryan @ninlive and get him to do the transfer.
    Sent an email back, would be glad to help you transfer whatever you may need!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Does anyone have the picture of TR from the WT 2005 tour where he's doing the "Fist Fuck" motion with his massive bicep? Pretty sure it was an official, live photo. I looked for it last night to show my wife the comparison between skinny TR doing the same motion, but couldn't find it anywhere.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Does anyone have the picture of TR from the WT 2005 tour where he's doing the "Fist Fuck" motion with his massive bicep? Pretty sure it was an official, live photo. I looked for it last night to show my wife the comparison between skinny TR doing the same motion, but couldn't find it anywhere.
    This one?
    https://www.nin.wiki/File:7_02_05.jpg

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The one I'm thinking of was more close up. Sort of waist up, with TR left of frame. I think it was used in a "Trent Smash" photoshop in the NIN PS thread here with TR re-coloured green. That one is another good example for her, though. Thanks.

EDIT: Actually, that's probably the exact photo. My old brain may just be remembering a cropped version of the photo.
    Last edited by Tyson; 02-25-2023 at 07:36 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    About the song Sunspots, there's the line: I want to kill away the rest of what's left and I do yes I do.

that final part makes me question: and I do what? it seems like he wants to add something, but forgets, something's missing, anybody can figure that out?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    About the song Sunspots, there's the line: I want to kill away the rest of what's left and I do yes I do.

that final part makes me question: and I do what? it seems like he wants to add something, but forgets, something's missing, anybody can figure that out?
    That verse always makes me think of self-destruction, especially when he sings about peeling off his skin and fucking in the fire. It sounds like he's tempted to just give in completely and be done with it all, but something is holding him back. When he says "...and I do yes I do", it's just an affirmation of how he's feeling.