Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode VII

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    A shop of the original picture but still I laughed long enough to make me an irrecuperable geek.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Hooray!!!! Rian Johnson is awesome. Brick is still his best film and I actually did like The Brothers Bloom.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    As did I re: Brothers Bloom. Even the Breaking Bad episode The Fly, which a lot of people hated but I loved. This is amazing news.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    He also directed a couple episodes of Terriers, a short-lived show I championed pretty hard on the old site. You can see the whole of it on Netflix.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Fuck yeah! Looper is so badass, what a great choice.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Hell yeah it is! I'm pretty pumped. Also, I'm sure everyone knows by now, but he's tapped for Episodes VIII and IX actually...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    Even the Breaking Bad episode The Fly, which a lot of people hated but I loved. This is amazing news.
    That might be my favourite episode.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Two new cast additions http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wa...duction-update

Looks like they are holding firm on the Dec 2015 release date too, Harrison Ford injury or not.

Also this is a bit old news wise, but it's coming up soon (premiere is in August I believe) and a lot of you may have not seen it. This will technically be the first canon piece to this new era (aside from a story apparently in one of the insider magazines);

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Clicking on the youtube link of the video above, sent me to comments like "George Lucas already killed Star Wars with the prequels etc...."

Although, I think that the story of the prequels is actually quite good, even in episode 1. But the movie should have been a political thriller - which does not really make blockbuster material. But they really wanted to make a blockbuster and that's why they inserted action sequences, JarJar Binks and that stupid race into the movie. The execution killed the movie not the setup per se. Not even the midichlorians - which is basically the Star Wars version of the Kwisatz Haderach of Frank Herbert's Dune - just like the assault on Naboo is like the attack on Arrakis under the rule of the Atreides, and the Fremen of Dune are the Gungen etc...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Anyone wanna see a sleek new X-wing...? YEAH you do.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Marky Mark lookin' like a boss:

I'm glad Hamill is back in a spotlight movie again. He seems like a good guy in his interviews. I hope his career has a bit of a renaissance after this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    When George made the prequel trilogy, he said the story of Star Wars was always about the life of Anakin/ Darth Vader.

To me it was about Luke and his journey from farmhand to awesome Jedi.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    When George made the prequel trilogy, he said the story of Star Wars was always about the life of Anakin/ Darth Vader.
    I call so much bullshit on George for saying that.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I call lots of bullshit on George for so many things. Especially things coming out of his mouth.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Unless it's total bullroar, here's new images of stormtrooper and snowtrooper helmets.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'd actually say it's probably legit. An artist I follow on Twitter that works on a lot of big budget movies and has pantloads of followers posted a quick drawing of the stormtrooper that looks exactly like the top pic with the words 'VII. I've seen it. Don't bother asking me how, I just have.' Within a few hours it was taken down under mysterious circumstances lol.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Man, Hamill's looking better than he has in years. I am excited for these films.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Fuck yeah! Looper is so badass, what a great choice.
    i've been meaning to possibly watch it.
    perhaps i will watch it now.

i'm so glad i don't have to like...go to work or anything.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Same source now leaking Han Solo costuming concept art.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    What Millionaire and Maximillian said! Hamill consistently comes across like a great guy, and Luke's transformation from country boy to Jedi has always been the most compelling arc to me in the entire saga. Han, I love you, but you're no Luke.

This recent interview w/ Hamill at the UK premiere of Guardians of the Galaxy is excellent - the bit about "contractually obligated beards" is too funny

Also, I take it most of you have already seen the pic Bad Robot posted in regards to the money they raised for charity? That robot arm is rocking my world.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    First of all - absolutely yes to the love for Hamill.
    Secondly - I guess everyone saw this anyway, but Millenium Falcon and X-Wing snapped on location: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29144135
    I'm really excited seeing all this real life location shooting. Sure it'll be CGI-ed up to some extent, but still... awesome.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's by Disney..if there is lots of singing, count me out. A musical SW? No thx.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm sure many here saw the pic Zack Snyder posted of the 'stolen Batmobile' with a Stormtrooper being arrested:

As a result, JJ Abrams has a little easter egg from the set of Episode VII to share:

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ That is very cool. Reminds me of how old school model-makers used to cannibalize pieces of other films' rejected prop models for added detailing (the old Star Trek movies are full of those little easter eggs).

Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post

To me it was about Luke and his journey from farmhand to awesome Jedi.
    The OT viewed on its own is about Luke, sure. But, whether you like or hate them, the prequels nevertheless did significantly enhance the Anakin/Vader arc into a truly epic rise, fall and redemption story. They certainly gave us more insight into the Obi-Wan character. Think about those two when they interact on the first Death Star. It's middling background plot that wastes screentime in A New Hope, if you view that simply as a standalone film. But with the added back story of their years fighting alongside each other, and Anakin's failed apprenticeship/betrayal story, those scenes in A New Hope are imbued with added drama. Lucas intended to do this, from at least as far back as when The Empire Strikes Back was green-lit, but he waited until the new century of digital filmmaking caught up with his vision for creating those more fantastical worlds of the Old Republic Ages.

If you call bullshit on that, I call bullshit on you.
    Last edited by botley; 09-18-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    ^ That is very cool. Reminds me of how old school model-makers used to cannibalize pieces of other films' rejected prop models for added detailing (the old Star Trek movies are full of those little easter eggs).
    Kit-bashing! I love it! And if I recall correctly, the Millennium Falcon's turret guns on the original screen model are from a WWII field artillery model kit.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Star Wars: Episode VII

THE FORCE AWAKENS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Cool title. I'm hoping we get a teaser trailer by the end of the year.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    All they need to show in a trailer is a brief shot of Luke doing something with a fade in of the logo with John Williams music and I'll be happy.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Love the new title. My giddy level has just risen .