Page 33 of 110 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast

Thread: A Perfect Circle

jaimie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by idoru View Post
    The resin is all cracked & broken off at the back of the "frame" - there's quite a few people posted already on APC Facebook page with the same. I haven't had a response yet, but I've seen someone say they were told it was supposed to break away so you could hang the frame on the wall - sounds to me like they're getting creative as a lot of people are emailing/calling with problems. At least all the discs were there in mine, some people are reporting having 2 Stone & Echo CD2's & no DVD.
    Yeah the guy claiming that piece is a "break away" piece is full of shit in my opinion. I am pretty sure that's the guy I spoke with when I called. IF that piece was truly intended to break away he would have told me at that time and he did not mention it at all yet he knew EXACTLY what piece of the frame I was referring to. He did mention to me that I should just "hang it on the wall and nobody would notice"...debating if I want to even bother calling back as it sounds like he's being bombarded right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimie View Post
    He did mention to me that I should just "hang it on the wall and nobody would notice"
    I'd have needed to bite my tongue if I was making that call! Surely it's up to you if you want to hang it, & should've arrived undamaged.

Still no comment from Total Box Music to email, I may have to call them from UK instead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I left them a voice message and an email the day I received my box and still no response.

Guess it's time to get out the super glue.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    Haven't got mine yet either.
    Me either.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimie View Post
    Yeah the guy claiming that piece is a "break away" piece is full of shit in my opinion. I am pretty sure that's the guy I spoke with when I called. IF that piece was truly intended to break away he would have told me at that time and he did not mention it at all yet he knew EXACTLY what piece of the frame I was referring to. He did mention to me that I should just "hang it on the wall and nobody would notice"...debating if I want to even bother calling back as it sounds like he's being bombarded right now.
    That is so overwhelming offensive I'm afraid it's coloring my opinion of the music.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I'm really bummed to hear you guys are having such a bad experience with something that was touted as such a high-quality piece :\

I don't really have anything positive to add to that. I hope it all gets worked out for y'all.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm glad I didn't waste money on this release. I love the band but the moment I seen those photos and the price I wrote it off. Sorry to hear about it everybody that did get it and has issues.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm glad I didn't waste money on this release. I love the band but the moment I seen those photos and the price I wrote it off. Sorry to hear about it everybody that did get it and has issues.
    Same here, wasn't about to spend coin on that shit. Was hoping Red Rocks would get a proper seperate DVD/BRD release but wasn't in the cards for whatever fucking reason.

Had an itunes gift card so bought the digital video. Kind of "meh"- not worth what they're charging considering it's only digital and nothing physical to show for it. Only watched/listened to it on my phone, the audio is pretty good. Was there that night and can honestly say it's probably the best sounding concert I've ever been to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I probably would've got the iTunes video whilst waiting for the box set, especially as it's higher video quality than the DVD in the box set - but neither Stone & Echo or Puscifer What Is are on UK iTunes. I agree the audio is pretty good on the DVD though

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm literally 2 seconds away from breaking my goddamn computer over this stupid fucking live dvd. I went ahead and spent the $26 on the iTunes version with the hopes of somehow removing the DRM protection so that I can watch it on some other place besides my damn laptop.

So $26 for a "video only" digital 720p film, 4 hours of trial and error with DRM removing software to no avail and the only hope I ever have of watching this in its original quality is to spend another $99 to buy an Apple TV box thing. Pretty convenient for both parties. so in the end...

FUCK YOU APPLE and FUCK YOU APC for being money grubbing fucks.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

....pirate it?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    ....pirate it?
    If anyone could point me in the direction of a pirated copy of the video, I'd be eternally grateful. Really can't justify spending more money on this release, but I'm sick of waiting for that DVD. Plus, you guys have me afraid to even open the fucking box when it finally does come.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: A Perfect Circle

Quote Originally Posted by renholder View Post
    If anyone could point me in the direction of a pirated copy of the video, I'd be eternally grateful. Really can't justify spending more money on this release, but I'm sick of waiting for that DVD. Plus, you guys have me afraid to even open the fucking box when it finally does come.
    If you find the video let me know. I've searched and searched but to no avail.
    I turned mine upside down and opened it carefully and it didn't break.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'm with RJK and Renholder. I've searched everywhere for a download of the DVD and I can't find shit. I'd also be grateful if anyone knows of a site to download the DVD without having to spend $26 on something that's only digital.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    iTunes video DRM seems to be pretty damn intense. I think the only way we're getting a pirated digital copy of the video is if one of you fine folks who actually got the box set rips the DVD.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    ....pirate it?
    I'd love to know why this is facepalmed. Setting aside the fact that you've already paid for the item (thus, if you ask me, removing any ethical dilemmas), you're pirating the thing yourself by attempting to remove the DRM and play it on "unauthorized" devices. So what makes getting it from someone else any less ethical than attempting to break encryption and circumvent the rules yourself?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, I had a reply from Total Box Music...apparently they'll be sending out a "replacement for the broken piece". Not sure what that entails as there was no further elaboration, but I doubt they'll be making & sending out new entire frames. Hopefully that's good news for everyone affected.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'd love to know why this is facepalmed. Setting aside the fact that you've already paid for the item (thus, if you ask me, removing any ethical dilemmas), you're pirating the thing yourself by attempting to remove the DRM and play it on "unauthorized" devices. So what makes getting it from someone else any less ethical than attempting to break encryption and circumvent the rules yourself?
    It was more of a facepalm with a giggle. A harmless giggle, no offense intended.

I facepalmed because you said "pirate it..." as if everyone in this thread HADN'T already thought of that before spending $26 on a digital only release. I would have tried that first before I went ahead and bitched about it on here though.

Again, it was a friendly facepalm with a pat on the back and a "bro...we already thought of that." <3

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Fuck man, I have to pay $140 bucks GST to customs before they deliver it. Whats the story here? Why did I not know about this when I first paid. Seems unfair.
    Last edited by voidnz; 01-06-2014 at 08:22 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    I'm literally 2 seconds away from breaking my goddamn computer over this stupid fucking live dvd. I went ahead and spent the $26 on the iTunes version with the hopes of somehow removing the DRM protection so that I can watch it on some other place besides my damn laptop.

So $26 for a "video only" digital 720p film, 4 hours of trial and error with DRM removing software to no avail and the only hope I ever have of watching this in its original quality is to spend another $99 to buy an Apple TV box thing. Pretty convenient for both parties. so in the end...

FUCK YOU APPLE and FUCK YOU APC for being money grubbing fucks.
    I'm not being rude, but what made you even think that you could transfer the file to something else to watch? DRM is tricky shit and pretty uncrackable on most iTunes files. Just recently in the past few years have audio files been all right to be made into something else.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm not being rude, but what made you even think that you could transfer the file to something else to watch? DRM is tricky shit and pretty uncrackable on most iTunes files. Just recently in the past few years have audio files been all right to be made into something else.
    I am usually pretty good at taking off copyright protection on things. I have 3 different softwares that remove DRM on video files but for some reason this one has been a fuck ton of challenge.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    LOL that bottom part is "meant to come off" my ass. Just received mine and it was unbroken. Then when I slid the cardboard back in the back, the right edge snapped. It's still intact on the left side though, only minor (see last image).

Also, wasn't there supposed to be a guitar pick with it or something? Mine has no pick... or am I not looking in the right spot? @jaimie ?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    LOL that bottom part is "meant to come off" my ass. Just received mine and it was unbroken. Then when I slid the cardboard back in the back, the right edge snapped. It's still intact on the left side though, only minor (see last image).

Also, wasn't there supposed to be a guitar pick with it or something? Mine has no pick... or am I not looking in the right spot? @jaimie ?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Cheap material/craftsmanship.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Notes

A highly limited edition of 2500, A Perfect Circle Live: Featuring Stone and Echo includes:

* Stone And Echo, a full-length DVD (with accompanying audio CD) featuring the band's stirring Aug. 3, 2011 performance at the historic Red Rocks Amphitheater

* Trifecta, a multi-disc collection featuring the band's complete discography, Mer de Noms, Thirteenth Step and eMOTIVe, recorded live during A Perfect Circle's 2010 series of highly-coveted, and extremely limited, series of full-album performances

* Bonus tracks include live performances of "By and Down," "Ashes to Ashes" and "Diary of a Love Song"

* Five hand selected lithographs featuring the personal signatures of both Maynard James Keenan and Billy Howerdel on one of the selected prints

* Custom sculpted resin frame designed by the band

* A custom made guitar pick designed by Billy Howerdel and exclusive to this offering

* The collection is bound in a custom made media book containing artwork and credits

...yep, and I don't see it anywhere in mine. Where is it located so I can double check?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    FYI The back holding everything in place is actually some sort of acrylic. There is a brown protective "film" covering it that they did not remove it for some reason when it was assembled. I removed mine no problem, you will be left with a shiny black back piece.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    FYI The back holding everything in place is actually some sort of acrylic. There is a brown protective "film" covering it that they did not remove it for some reason when it was assembled. I removed mine no problem, you will be left with a shiny black back piece.
    Good to know, thanks. Did yours snap too on the corner?

Also, where would I find the guitar pick?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Woo hoo! I got my box set in the mail!
    That booklet on the left looks greyer than mine.

Also, where the heck is my guitar pick?!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Notes

A highly limited edition of 2500, A Perfect Circle Live: Featuring Stone and Echo includes:

* Stone And Echo, a full-length DVD (with accompanying audio CD) featuring the band's stirring Aug. 3, 2011 performance at the historic Red Rocks Amphitheater

* Trifecta, a multi-disc collection featuring the band's complete discography, Mer de Noms, Thirteenth Step and eMOTIVe, recorded live during A Perfect Circle's 2010 series of highly-coveted, and extremely limited, series of full-album performances

* Bonus tracks include live performances of "By and Down," "Ashes to Ashes" and "Diary of a Love Song"

* Five hand selected lithographs featuring the personal signatures of both Maynard James Keenan and Billy Howerdel on one of the selected prints

* Custom sculpted resin frame designed by the band

* A custom made guitar pick designed by Billy Howerdel and exclusive to this offering

* The collection is bound in a custom made media book containing artwork and credits

...yep, and I don't see it anywhere in mine. Where is it located so I can double check?

Nevermind, I found the pick. It was hiding.

Also, the back looks much better with the brown peeled off. Fortunately the snap seemed to "snap back" into place and it looks OK now:

Last edited by Ryan; 01-07-2014 at 02:32 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Good to know, thanks. Did yours snap too on the corner?

Also, where would I find the guitar pick?
    No mine did not break. The reason that mine did not break though is because it took forever for it to arrive and I read about the breakage while waiting. When it finally arrived I saw the part that would be breakable right away and have been extra careful when handling it.