Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Finally got caught up on this show, felt like shit last night and watched the 4 episodes I hadn't seen. Really liked the episode with just Rick, Carl and Michonne, I agree with whoever said that the best episodes are the ones that only deal with a few characters. This season hasn't been without the problems this show has had since the beginning but at least I'm enjoying it now. Andrea is still terrible, but Glenn is hot on her heels.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I know this wouldn't really have worked in terms of pacing for the show, but the fact Rick did not put a bullet in the Governor's head the first minute they were in that room shows how little he has grown despite all he has been through. We all want Rick to redeem himself and become the leader of old (maybe with a bit of a Shane flair mixed in), but it is becoming more and more clear to me we are beyond that now. That, combined with the fact that he even discussed giving up Michone with Hershel, was his final strike. He can no longer lead. He's done for. He could still be an interesting character to develop, but in all honesty, the way this show is going, just kill him off at the end of this season. Seriously. They've fucked up his arc so many times now I'm not sure it's repairable.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Im sure once this season ends, he will be right where you want him to be. You cant kill off the main character, at least not this early into story. We may be at season 3, but in the books this is really the only second major story arc.

Give it time.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I hear what you're saying, and you're probably right in terms of his arc, but I think the keywords there is where "I" want him to be. I don't want him to be back where he was. It's one thing to be tripping out like he was at the start of this season, but these are now well thought, calculated decisions, and they are not being made because it's what's best for the group like they were previously, it's because he's scared and lost and he doesn't realize it. There is no coming back from that for me. They might write him a redemption story line, but I doubt I will be able to buy into it. He will still be the guy who time after time after time has fucked up his strategy and evaluation of people. One shining moment of salvation at the end of this season won't change who he is going forward because he could still easily make the same bad decisions again in the future. Rick's character through 3 seasons is obvious to me; he just doesn't LEARN anything. Once I saw a flash of it; when he killed that guy in the prison immediately after he stepped to him, but then it all went downhill after that. All of what happened with Shane was lost on him, and the Governor is a perfect example of that.

Personally I hope he continues down his rabbit hole, and ultimately is killed by Carl next season. Would be a very appropriate end for Rick, his son tried to tell him already that he wasn't fit and he wrote him off, and this would complete Carl's growth. Much in the same way I hope Merle is killed by Darryl. Rick is weak, has lost his principles, and doesn't know where he stands on anything anymore, whereas Merle never had any principles to begin with. Both deserve to die sooner than later. I think it's pretty obvious the Governor isn't making it out of this season alive, so it makes sense for one or both of them to become the main antagonist in season 4 in their own ways, especially if there is some merging of camps (andrea, milton, possibly tyrese, etc)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I still miss T-Dog

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Rick didnt kill the governor bc it's a tv show and you can't kill the villain at this point bc then there'd be no story left for this season. everything you said has nothing to do with it. It's Hollywood, this is what they do.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This is the track that closed last weeks episode and I thought it fit very well. The whole "boiling rage" of all the characters and the whole preparing for war bit. Been listening to this song all week.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This has been my favourite season so far but the last few episodes have felt a little flat. There's been some cool moments, but it feels like their padding out space until the final face off. I mean, barely anything happened in the last episode, as suspenseful as it was.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_nick View Post
    This has been my favourite season so far but the last few episodes have felt a little flat. There's been some cool moments, but it feels like their padding out space until the final face off. I mean, barely anything happened in the last episode, as suspenseful as it was.
    I feel the same way, we've been getting a lot of filler this season. The episode were they find the black guy from the pilot especially. I mean, it was like the writters needed to fill an hour so they said "hey! what if rick finds the guy we haven't seen since the pilot, that'll eat up some time!"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Maybe they needed to fill an hour with Morgan but they filled it with one of the best episodes of the series.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post
    Maybe they needed to fill an hour with Morgan but they filled it with one of the best episodes of the series.
    I'll take that filler over "people at the Prison don't get along" or "Andrea can't decide what side to take" filler. Last night was probably the first time I gave a damn about Andrea since the first half of this season.

Edit: To clarify, I thought the episode with Morgan was brilliant!
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 03-18-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    "Prey" was seriously my favorite episode of the entire series so far. The cat and mouse chase with the Governor and Andrea... just awesome. And that twist at the end with Andrea in the torture chair.

And fuck yeah Milton!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm glad to see Milton coming around! I had a really bad feeling about that dude at first, but lately I find myself rooting for the guy. I can't wait to see his contribution to the final conflict (which had better at least START in the next episode).

By the way, this is a thing...

Okay, so I suck at embedding Spotify links, but there's a remix of the theme song by UNKLE on the new soundtrack. It's pretty aight!
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 03-20-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Still not sure how the Governor found her so easily, but whatever, it's TV.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    he was driving by and he saw her?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    So he just happened to drive past that field and pulled up to that series of industrial buildings right after Andrea got there. Yes they were both probably just going in the same general direction towards the prison but still it seemed a bit far fetched. It probably wouldn't have been very exciting to see him driving around for 40 minutes though not being able to find her though so whatever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Obviously. I guess they did show that the Sun had set significantly. I guess I was mainly like "yeah right" when he turned around and chased her down in the field.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I mean, he knew where she was going, she wasn't too far off the road he was driving down, and it was broad daylight. Him finding her under such circumstances -- even with him missing an eye and her being on his blind side -- is probably one of the LEAST improbable things in the entire series.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Heh.....it kinda reminds me of Wrongfully Accused when Leslie Nielsen is running away from the Train and he thinks he's all but ditched it and got into a good hiding spot behind a tree until he peaks around the corner and the train leans over and peaks back at him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    I mean, he knew where she was going, she wasn't too far off the road he was driving down, and it was broad daylight. Him finding her under such circumstances -- even with him missing an eye and her being on his blind side -- is probably one of the LEAST improbable things in the entire series.
    Hey, the zombie apocalypse can happen, man

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Can't quite get over this episode. Excellent writing here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    THAT FUCKING ENDING!!!

aaarrrrrgggggghhhh

and have you guys seen the last clip on next weeks preview? holy shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I loved Merle.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorny540 View Post
    Does anyone else think Daryl looks like Robin Finck? I mean minus the crazy hair and all, they even both love wearing those vests
    YES!!! It's not just me then!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So long Milton and Andrea!

Where the fuck is the Governor?!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    So long Milton and Andrea!

Where the fuck is the Governor?!
    He dun goof'd. I can't wait for season 4. I know he'll be back, it's just a matter of when. Also yeeee Daryl.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Finally, that bitch is gone.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Who else caught that nutjob that called in on Talking Dead?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's a shame he hung up halfway through. Or the guy controlling the phones lied about cutting him off.

As for the finale, it's not what I expected but that's not necessarily bad. Another season at the prison could be interesting if they start getting the crops set up and clear out the rest of the area. They could have easily ended the prison arc this season though so it kind of feels like they're just trying to stretch out as much as they can of the prison set since it was probably pretty expensive.

I'm not sure what they'll do if the Governor stays on the show either. He only has 2 people left with him and it'd be kind of silly if he somehow amasses a new army. Maybe they'll find a tank and roll into the prison to fuck shit up.

Also on IMDB it credited Lennie James as being in the finale but I didn't see him anywhere.