Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Coil vs Nine Inch Nails: Uncoiled/Recoiled

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post

Right.
    Now I have a 'deja vu': is this necessary?
    As I can only conclude, a select group may say 'what they want'.
    Sorry, but I get more and more the feeling if people say something progressive and it doesn't walk in line with the 'awesome ETS clan', you got a problem.
    Maybe I don't understand, because I'm an european.

Happy holidays and enjoy next days.
    Last edited by witte; 12-24-2013 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Spelling Corrections; I'm a nerd, yes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Sorry, but I get more and more the feeling if people say something progressive and it doesn't walk in line with the 'awesome ETS clan', you got a problem.
    whether that's an issue on the board as a whole, the issue here isn't with the unpopular opinion. i think the issue is that there is one board member that consistently derails threads by stating negative opinions, distorting what other users say, and making illogical and unreasonable claims. honestly, i don't know why you all still respond.*

also, simply giving a negative (or positive) opinion isn't progressive: there's no discourse; there's no progress.

* on this thread, i understand why it's important, so future readers don't get the wrong idea about the release. i'm more talking about the tour board.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Right.

THE CLIQUE RETURNS

But seriously, there's having an opinion, and then there's billpulsipher showing up in every thread and derailing it because he wants to complain about something else NIN-related. It's taken a lot of hard work and email exchanges to get this collection put together for the community, so it gets a little frustrating when someone comes in and talks about how it's worse than this official remix EP that had a bunch of mixes of the same song on it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Right.

Basically you have to suck Trent's ass and think everything he does is the best, otherwise you are trashed on. You have to agree that 'Everything' is the greatest song he has ever written, otherwise you're an asshole. HM is better than Downward Spiral and The Fragile put together, otherwise you're an asshole. The gospel singers are the greatest move TR has ever made and Tension is the greatest tour on the history of the planet, and if you don't agree, you're an asshole. Too many Trent ball suckers on this forum, but they represent 3% of the fanbase

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    actually, i've never been one to "toe the party line" so to speak; i don't know anyone else on the forum personally, and i've disagreed with more than one member of the "old guard" more than once, and i've never once felt that i was being excluded or that i didn't belong. if you make an ass out of yourself once, okay; if you continue to make an ass out of yourself, well, this is the internet, and people aren't going to be very nice to you. deal with it. there's no secret clique, there's no "in" crowd, and if you spent enough time paying attention to what goes on here, you'd realize that.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    Basically you have to suck Trent's ass and think everything he does is the best, otherwise you are trashed on. You have to agree that 'Everything' is the greatest song he has ever written, otherwise you're an asshole. HM is better than Downward Spiral and The Fragile put together, otherwise you're an asshole. The gospel singers are the greatest move TR has ever made and Tension is the greatest tour on the history of the planet, and if you don't agree, you're an asshole. Too many Trent ball suckers on this forum, but they represent 3% of the fanbase
    Bill (and @witte ),

This thread is about Uncoiled and Recoiled. You've been on ETS long enough to know that I like my threads to stay on topic. That's all I'm getting at here. All this self-flagellation I quoted has nothing to do with anything I've posted in this thread.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Recoiled? Did i miss something @Leviathant ?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Recoiled? Did i miss something @Leviathant ?
    Start reading here: http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...311#post155311

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it would be nice to see if the vinyl sees the light of day, it might be nice if the original donors are offered some kind of discount, but I doubt this will happen.

If the vinyl is released I daresay that I would like to buy one

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails: Uncoiled - Lost remixes by Coil [UPDATE for donors]

So, a CD and vinyl of Recoiled just hit ebay...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    so, a cd and vinyl of recoiled just hit ebay...
    From the auction listing:
    • "recoiled" is a rambunctious alchemy, of magikal coil sensibilities and hi-tech home circa 90’s mixing
    technique, all fused in the cave-like early studios of danny hyde / peter christopherson.
    • these were the unrestrained pre- big studio- mix downs, of four songs which long time coil admirer /
    collaborator trent reznor requested coil to remix.
    • reznor sent over the original multi-tracks and dats to hyde / christopherson, who independently mixed
    versions and then met to synch both creations, molding them into these master versions.
    • "recoiled" includes a fuller, more opulent version of the track 'closer', which eventually made it onto the
    opening credits to the movie "se7en".
    • these 5 lengthy compositions are pre-ableton / laptop generation type priest song creations, with the use of
    baby alarms and numerous wires to create bespoke effects.
    • these legendary tracks were always rumoured to exist and, only the due diligence of a dedicated nin forum
    who hunted them down, are released/unleashed for your listening pleasure.
    • 4 of the tracks were released on the download-only "uncoiled".
    • a bonus, previously unheard track from the same sessions closes the album.

• jhonn balance is also manifest on this gilded constellation.
    • beautifully remastered for cd / vinyl.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    So,

Where and when can I buy these, other than the ebay listings?

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbookpress1984 View Post
    So,

Where and when can I buy these, other than the ebay listings?
    As I understand it, you can buy directly from Cold Spring @ http://coldspring.co.uk/discography/csr193cd/ "soon" - or you can ask your local record store to order a copy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    As I understand it, you can buy directly from Cold Spring @ http://coldspring.co.uk/discography/csr193cd/ "soon" - or you can ask your local record store to order a copy.
    Do you happen to know what the
    bonus, previously unheard track from the same sessions closes the album.
    is?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barkhammer View Post
    Do you happen to know what the is?
    A remix of Eraser we haven't heard yet.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    If anyone is interested in the Vinyl I contacted Cold Spring to ask them if the ebay sale was them or someone else. They are not running the ebay sale i was told so buyer beware. As for the Vinyl looks like we will have a fight on our hands.

"I think they`ve jumped the gun a bit, but those sellers aren`t anything to do with us.
    There will be a limited (500) coloured vinyl direct from our mailorder – more information in our email newsletter next week!

Many thanks!"

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Hot off the presses

COIL / NINE INCH NAILS 'RECOILED'

Sorry for the delay in getting our newsletter out to you - we've been busy getting 'Recoiled' ready for production.
    Pre-orders begin later this week, so keep an eye out for a special newsflash!

CD in digipak
    LP Ltd 500 Brown / Black Splatter Vinyl (via Cold Spring only)
    LP Black Vinyl (unlimited)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    There's gonna be a nasty fight for that limited vinyl.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    I made two orders on two presale websites last week.
    Let see what happens.
    Last edited by witte; 01-13-2014 at 12:01 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I made two orders on two presale websites (250 pieces each) last week.
    I'm in. Don't see the problem.
    PM with the presale links? I looked and found nothing.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    or he could just post them, if there are already links available.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    PM with the presale links? I looked and found nothing.
    I suspect he means that he's had no trouble placing pre-orders on even more exclusive releases. As far as I'm aware, the pre-order for this release opens up in ten days.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I have been able to find preorder pages from other retailers but I assume they are for the black vinyl and not the limited brown one.

http://www.normanrecords.com/records...ails-recoiled-

http://www.roughtrade.com/albums/79162

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Shop Radio Cast has preorders as well
    http://www.shopradiocast.com/product...coiled-LP.html

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Cold Spring finally has tracklistings, barcodes, & catalog numbers up, but pre-orders haven't started yet.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    CSR193CD

CSR193CD (January 2014) Coil / Nine Inch Nails | Recoiled

“Recoiled” is a rambunctious alchemy, of magikal Coil sensibilities and hi-tech home circa 90’s mixing technique, all fused in the cave-like early studios of Danny Hyde / Peter Christopherson. These were the unrestrained PRE- BIG studio- mix downs, of four songs which long time Coil admirer / collaborator Trent Reznor requested Coil to remix. Reznor sent over the original multi-tracks and DATs to Hyde / Christopherson, who independently mixed versions and then met to synch both creations, molding them into these master versions. ”Recoiled” includes a fuller, more opulent version of the track ‘Closer’, which eventually made it onto the opening credits to the movie “SE7EN“. These 5 lengthy compositions are pre-Ableton / laptop generation type priest song creations, with the use of baby alarms and numerous wires to create bespoke effects. These legendary tracks were always rumoured to exist and, only the due diligence of a dedicated NIN forum who hunted them down, are released/unleashed for your listening pleasure. 4 of the tracks were released on the download-only “Uncoiled”. A bonus, previously unheard track from the same sessions closes the album. Jhonn Balance is also manifest on this gilded constellation. Beautifully remastered.
    CD: Digipak
    Track listing:
    1. Gave Up (Open My Eyes) 5:28
    2. Closer (Unrecalled) 7:41
    3. The Downward Spiral (A Gilded Sickness) 7:59
    4. Eraser (Reduction) 8:45
    5. Eraser (Baby Alarm Remix) 8:54
    Barcode: 5060174956799

CSR193LP (January 2014)
    Coil / Nine Inch Nails | Recoiled

LP: Brown / Black Splatter Vinyl Ltd x 500 (via Cold Spring only)
    LP: Black (unlimited)
    Track listing:
    A1. Gave Up (Open My Eyes) 5:28
    A2. Closer (Unrecalled) 7:41
    A3. The Downward Spiral (A Gilded Sickness) 7:59
    B1. Eraser (Reduction) 8:45
    B2. Eraser (Baby Alarm Remix) 8:54
    Barcode: 5060174956805

Ships 23rd January. Pre-orders being mid-January.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ...so i tried to imagine what Uncoiled would have looked like if it had been officially released in physical format ....??
    i know that i must be a fan among many who have thought of this idea at some point; giving this release is truly a must have for any Nine Inch Nails collection.

so ...what would Uncoiled have looked like if, say, it was released in slimline jewelcase format??

well! let's see shall we:

...i'm thinking of taking this idea literal and making it real (at least for my own collection anyway). i'll post more pics of the actual physical result after completion.
    in the meantime; comments are welcome...

Last edited by Michael_Vens; 01-16-2014 at 09:03 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Wow that is really amazing work I'm impressed.

Maybe you could give it a Halo number with a letter so it could look official.
    but this might cause confusion amongst collectors and possible problems like ending up on ebay for a ridiculous amounts of money.
    I'm sure there are ways around this but I cant think of any at this time.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I think @Leviathant was planning on doing a short run of it in digipak format?