Page 50 of 99 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 2970

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    ps. I liked the 2009 lineup; this is now basically that, plus Ally and Adrian (AWESOME) and minus the Scientologist.
    Why the fuck does everyone keep forgetting about Josh Eustis?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by profane View Post
    Well a couple of years ago someone thought it was a good idea to program Portishead before coldplay at the werchter festival. Those fans acted retarded during Portishead, and I can only see it going the same way with this genius programming. I also remember how pissed off Trent was when they played before metallica at the same festival a year or so earlier and how it completely threw off their performance because of shitty metallica fans.
    One of the craziest nights of my life was NIN with the melvins in dallas around 94 or so. Back then, a nails crowd was kind of a scary thing. The wooden floor was pulled up and thrown at the melvins...piece by piece. it was so fucking awful. trent had to come out and announce that if it didnt stop, Nails would not play. i personally did not throw anything, and jesus i felt bad for the melvins.
    As far as a nin/eminem lineup...that would be different. a LOT of Em fans are NIN fans.
    I can't fucking WAIT to see what trent has in store for us. Unlike some of you, i do NOT think this tour is going to be a "greatest hits rehash..." not with the band he has put together.
    Hits will be played, but i'm just SURE there will be some "re-imagining" of songs and mind blowing sonic textures.
    I've only seen Nails four times, from 94 to 2009, and i really didnt expect to get to see them again.
    ok...im rambling...shutting up now.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    Haha, the tambourine era had its good run. No more tambourine. Please. No.
    The tambourine is obviously a representation of TR's inner demons, hence him playing it is his way of working out his issues in a non traditional, highly energetic way.

The tambourine is cathartic, people.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCmuse View Post
    On a different note, has Robin aged at all since 1994??
    No he hasn't which is not surprising since he's most likely from another planet.

On another note: I'm still broke which means that I still can't go to a show this year. I would sell my first born child to go to one except that I don't have a first born child to sell.

Fuck my life.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thirty_three View Post
    I'm here, lurking as always. That was much funnier in context... I'm glad Trent changed the tone of the conversation, and I think it made me even more excited for the tour. I'm so ready for Lollapalooza!
    Add another job to his list: Trent the Great Peacemaker.

It was funnier; and seriously, he did a 180 for that thread. Thanks for that. Group hugs. xo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jezstyle View Post
    Nah dawg, gotta be Elvis Costello.
    Damn! I almost got it right!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Wow, TR Just openly comments on your guys' facebook status updates!? Man, I think it was that interview at Studio Q in Toronto where he said he's not that "iconic rockstar" anymore, and no matter what anyone tells him he just isn't that relevant today
    It saddens me that trent is constantly questioning his relevancy but it also kind of cracks me up. it seems live i've heard him say "relevant" or "relevancy" like ten times in interviews now. I'd love for someone to splice it all together.

I think he's just EXTREMELY sensitive. That's where we get lyrics like "am i still tuff enuff."

Also, when i saw him in dallas in 2000, he said something like "here's another song of my new album that none of you fucking liked" before launching into something from the Fragile.
    Funny, because it was my favorite album of all time already, and i strongly doubt i was the only one!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Ho-Ly Shit....so Robin replaces eric?
    i will be at least one of these shows...up CLOSE....even if i have to sell an organ.

edit:sorry for the double post. i just caught the Robin news.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

Also, when i saw him in dallas in 2000, he said something like "here's another song of my new album that none of you fucking liked" before launching into something from the Fragile.
    Funny, because it was my favorite album of all time already, and i strongly doubt i was the only one!
    The Fragile is my favorite album of his as well, so I have no idea what he is talking about. TF is a masterpiece and i'd kill to hear it live in it's entirity.

Funny thing is, when that album came out, my good friend thought there was too much junk filler on it, so he cut it down to 1 record with like 14 songs on it, and was pleased with his result. I think the album is great as a whole. alot of those songs have definatly grew on me throughout the years.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypayton View Post
    ...I have a feeling Belew will only last one leg or so into the tour, the dude is in his 60s and has never toured this hard a schedule before...
    I guess you're not familiar with his body of work then. He was lead guitarist for Bowie's Isolar II Tour (the "Heroes" tour), musical director/lead guitarist for Bowie's Sound+Vision Tour (probably Bowie's biggest tour ever), toured with Talking Heads on the Remain in Light tour, King Crimson, Frank Zappa, and the list goes on. He's been in the business longer than Trent and has worked with lots of big name acts, so I'm pretty sure he's professional and can handle it. I won't speak to Eric Avery, but as much as I think it would have been cool to see, I'd much rather see Robin back in the band, and judging from the roll out from TR about this news, so would he.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Why the fuck does everyone keep forgetting about Josh Eustis?
    I'm not. It's just that, in comparison to the 2009 lineup, he's stepping into the same chair occupied by JMJ. Also: no slight intended against Justin in my last post. He was never anything but nice during his tenure with the group.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I guess you're not familiar with his body of work then. He was lead guitarist for Bowie's Isolar II Tour (the "Heroes" tour), musical director/lead guitarist for Bowie's Sound+Vision Tour (probably Bowie's biggest tour ever), toured with Talking Heads on the Remain in Light tour, King Crimson, Frank Zappa, and the list goes on. He's been in the business longer than Trent and has worked with lots of big name acts, so I'm pretty sure he's professional and can handle it. I won't speak to Eric Avery, but as much as I think it would have been cool to see, I'd much rather see Robin back in the band, and judging from the roll out from TR about this news, so would he.
    The Isolar tour was in 1978....The Sound and Vision tour was 1990....My point was the guy is in his mid 60's and playing 2 and a half hours a night, 5 nights a week, and very intense shows for 12-18 months straight might be an issue physically

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    ...and king crimson played plenty in 2008/9. why don't you stop being a negative nancy and wait and see what this tour entails before playing the grandpa card.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    The Isolar tour was in 1978....The Sound and Vision tour was 1990....My point was the guy is in his mid 60's and playing 2 and a half hours a night, 5 nights a week, and very intense shows for 12-18 months straight might be an issue physically
    clearly you've never seen the guy play.

Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    ...and king crimson played plenty in 2008/9. why don't you stop being a negative nancy and wait and see what this tour entails before playing the grandpa card.
    i've seen king crimson four or five times in the last 15 years, including in 2008 or 2009 (i can't remember). every time, adrian was full of energy while still remaining a focused and amazing player.

seriously, though, do you (jaypayton) not realize how antagonistic you are? you are kind of a jerk to everyone, you put people down when they post an opinion that's different from your (constantly negative) ones, and you act like the high and mighty ruler of the NINiverse. please just chill out and try to be a little more easy-going.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    i never said anything bad about Belew, the dude is a sick guitar player....but questioning if a guy in his mid 60's is going to be able to handle playing 2 and a half hour sets of intense music 5 nights a week for 18 months is a reasonable point.....I looked it up. King Crimson toured for 2 weeks in 2008....2 weeks...the last time Belew had any serious touring schedule was over 10 years ago...I think its a legit question

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    ...that no one will know the answer to until the tour is underway. i never understand why some folks beat themselves up with this kind of speculation when they have little insight to back it up. sit back and relax and then let's all see how the tour goes once it starts.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    i never said anything bad about Belew, the dude is a sick guitar player....but questioning if a guy in his mid 60's is going to be able to handle playing 2 and a half hour sets of intense music 5 nights a week for 18 months is a reasonable point.....I looked it up. King Crimson toured for 2 weeks in 2008....2 weeks...the last time Belew had any serious touring schedule was over 10 years ago...I think its a legit question
    There's no way in hell we're getting 2.5-hour sets.

And your "legit question" about Belew was included in a post that begain "Eric proved to be an asshole by bailing on the band." Forgive everyone for thinking you were continuing to be a prick about it all.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone have any thoughts on potential TV broadcasts or webcasts for the various shows announced to date? Lollapalooza for instance, is that normally broadcast while it's on?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on potential TV broadcasts or webcasts for the various shows announced to date? Lollapalooza for instance, is that normally broadcast while it's on?
    pretty sure parts of it are. i remember watching a video of the foo fighters doing everlong in the pouring rain or something.

maybe it'll be high enough quality to allow us fans do a blu-ray (a la the HTDA live at coachella one that's in production).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can't wait to see everyone on the one stage. Both Robin and Adrian alone will be commanding serious attention, so I ache to see what it'll be like with everyone. I'm getting so excited!!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    So, I've started having NIN live dreams again. And I am the most excited.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Who is the guy on the chair? Roy Orbinson?
    It's Don Music.
    Maybe there will be a song that requires six guitars and a backing track (or perhaps just six guitars).

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

but questioning if a guy in his mid 60's is going to be able to handle playing 2 and a half hour sets of intense music 5 nights a week for 18 months
    Well, with THAT schedule plus with the toddlers in tow, that old fart Trent will die of a heart attack. For sure. Don't worry, they're probably bringing D Fib equipment and nitro pills on the tour buses.

(they learned their lesson with Jerome.)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Trent's in good shape obv.....as far as Belew goes, look what happened to Bowie in 04 after an intense touring schedule....

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Trent's in good shape obv.....as far as Belew goes, look what happened to Bowie in 04 after an intense touring schedule....
    dude, seriously, just drop it. you are doing nothing but antagonizing everyone and making people devolve into frustrated masses of anger. if you're not going to contribute something to the conversation (whether it's an INFORMED opinion, a question, or some humor), STOP POSTING.

back on topic:
    if they're not going to play a later, non-lolla date in chicago, my fiancee and i are planning on taking a little road-trip to a nearby show. should be exciting, as i've never traveled outside chicago to see them.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Fucking ageism.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    TR will drop dead because of steroid abuse. That's right, I can make offensive and ridiculous claims as well.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Trent's in good shape obv
    Died at 48.

Meanwhile, I've seen Jeff Beck live a number of times, that guy is unbelievable live and wow does he tour a lot.

Anyway, if The Boss (a/k/a Trent Reznor) isn't concerned, then don't you lose any sleep; Uncle Trent will make sure everything is okay.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-22-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    did they ever say how he died? man, seriously one of the best.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    did they ever say how he died?
    "in his sleep"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    "Reznor will not be rocking when he's fifty"

Don't mind me, just this little quote popping up in my head. Then suddenly the realization of NIN retiring for good in not too many years creeping in...