Page 480 of 485 FirstFirst ... 380 430 470 478 479 480 481 482 ... LastLast
Results 14,371 to 14,400 of 14543

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Vince is near the end of his life. Any wrong doing he's mostly done is going to go largely unpunished at this stage in his life.

Accusations and all before court of law so innocent until proven guilty but I truly believe he likely did what is alleged here. Most of the skeletons in his closet have eked out throughout the years, one of the biggest being the cover up for Snuka.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    LOLOLOL RIP Brock Lesnar's career. Sable gonna whoop his ass after hearing the news.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    "No chance, that's what he's got..." sorry, old music stuck in my head.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Do you guys think they’ll still do the post Rumble presser? And if so, will any of the reporters be brave enough to ask about this?

It obviously wouldn’t be Satin…but any of the others.

I’m not sure. If I’m LBE Khan or Paul, nothing good would come of having the press conference but both are so egomaniacs soooo maybe they aren’t sweating it. Ari Emmanuel gave zero fucks when the video of Dana smacking his wife leaked.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Vince resigned. Good riddance.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Roman’s title reign went from top 5 in WWE history to bottom 5 in the last year. It’s so boring bro.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Roman’s title reign went from top 5 in WWE history to bottom 5 in the last year. It’s so boring bro.
    I agree. It's time he finally loses the title. His matches aren't even fun to watch anymore because they rely SO heavily on Roman retaining via interference from Solo or Jimmy. The whole Bloodline angle in general has gone from being on the best ever to one of the most forgettable ever. Roman really should have dropped the belt last year at Mania while that story was at its peak. COMPLETELY squandered something wonderful.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I dissent but regardless, Cody should’ve beaten him last year. Nothing would be different and Roman doesn’t need the title to face The Rock or do any of the dumb long drawn out Bloodline implosion stuff.

Also, I am once again making another “Fuck Paul” post because fuck him, that was weaker sauce than TK addressing Jericho which was pretty fucking weak as well. What a great week WWE had…he knew. It seems an awful lot like Stephanie knew too and had some courage and left. Not Paul, though.

I sincerely hope we hear more from all this. If it ends with Vince resigning, I don’t think that’s enough. You have to go full Man On Fire here—everyone that was involved, knew and/or profited needs to go.
    Last edited by Swykk; 01-28-2024 at 07:34 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    HHH repeatedly saying "WWE had a great week" as his answer to any Vince question was a really wild level of active gaslighting in real time. LOL No, Paul, the WWE did NOT have a good week.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I was more surprised that he didn't just say "TKO and WWE attorneys have told me not to talk about the recent Vince news, so we will not be taking questions about it"

Kinda dumb not to. Felt really gross H saying they had a great week

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I was more surprised that he didn't just say "TKO and WWE attorneys have told me not to talk about the recent Vince news, so we will not be taking questions about it"

I wanna know how a multi billion dollar company doesn't have a canned response for Hunter to mime. That was bonkers man.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I wanna know how a multi billion dollar company doesn't have a canned response for Hunter to mime. That was bonkers man.
    You expected a fictional fighting company to be asked a hard hitting question in a "Press Conference" scrum? I guarantee they never considered it because they doubt they would've went off script and asked it. That's why he had no answer.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    You expected a fictional fighting company to be asked a hard hitting question in a "Press Conference" scrum? I guarantee they never considered it because they doubt they would've went off script and asked it. That's why he had no answer.
    I get this but in fairness to that point Cody was asked about it 15 minutes before H, he had to know it was coming

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    They've been asked about Vince the last 3-4 scrums. They knew they were gonna get asked about it.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I get this but in fairness to that point Cody was asked about it 15 minutes before H, he had to know it was coming
    Not only that, but Cody put HHH to shame with a more articulated answer...

This aged, well:

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Looks like fragile phil got injured in his 20 minutes in the rumble. what a wet fart.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Looks like fragile phil got injured in his 20 minutes in the rumble. what a wet fart.
    CM Punk was injured in just his third WWE match back, his first televised, at this past Saturday’s Royal Rumble PLE, where he worked the Men’s Royal Rumble Match.

Punk made it to the final two, where he battled Cody Rhodes, the two top favorites, to win the match and go on to headline WrestleMania 40 for a title of their choosing. Rhodes went over where he is expected to challenge Roman Reigns for the Undisputed Universal Title, while Punk is expected to challenge Seth Rollins for the World Title.
    Dave Meltzer reported today suffered a significant injury during the Royal Rumble match. Meltzer noted, “His exact injury was unconfirmed by those in WWE past confirming the injury.” The plan is for him to address the nature of the injury on tonight’s Raw. The speculation within WWE is that it's a torn triceps, but no one would confirm it.

Meltzer added, “There was a spot in the Rumble where the referee checked on Punk, and he told the ref, "My triceps." It was said that it happened late in the match after taking a future shock DDT from Drew McIntyre.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I got back into wrestling around 2013. I missed peak Punk (circa 2012), but was highly intrigued after listening to his AoW interview with Cabana around that time.

Now, having witnessed his return(s) and subsequent failure(s) to do anything but talk a good game, I'm really struggling to find the allure. Hell, even in the YouTube clip where he's "coaching" some NXT cats a few days ago, he sounded like he was going through the motions, passing off sage advice like 'do what others AREN'T doing', etc.

Just seems like the industry left him behind and he refuses to do the work to even be passable between the ropes.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    If he was injured by Drew, then that was before he and Cody virtually had a singles match as the final two in the Rumble. Couple that with taking hits from Drew last night on Raw and this tells me that he's bound and determined to make a comeback. Fragile Phil? More like older Phil, which sucks, but that comes with the territory of getting older in a very physical industry.

Back to Vince - the news made the big news of the Netflix deal and Rocky getting added to the BOD of TKO a wash. Paul has to be ready for those questions, though, his answers also screamed "this is what the lawyers told me I could say because even if he wasn't my father in law, I probably knew that this stuff was going on just like Steph did and I need to cover my ass now and let the legal process play out." Or something like that. Either way, he was about as convincing as when he dead-ass lied to Julie Hart after the Montreal Screwjob, and that shit has been on tape for decades now.

I think Paul has good ideas and seems to be wanting to turn the corner from Vince, but he's gonna have to understand that his hands are just as much dirty in this mess and there's going to be some atoning for it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Phil sucks, plain and simple. What injury is this in the last year and a half? Number three? If there ever was a sign that you're doneso and to just give it the fuck up, this is it. Seeing Phil get all teary eyed about not headlining Wrestlemania after ten years of him talking mad shit on WWE was both pathetic and hilarious at the same time. Best in the world.... LOLOLOL

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The promo he cut Monday was solid, and pretty self aware in acknowledging his setback is a first world problem variety.

If he does wrestle again, and I feel it's a legitimate if, he needs to get himself into significantly better shape. As much as people want to apologize on the dude's behalf about how ravaged his body is due to his indie days, look at Danielson. Look at Copeland. Both are vets who put their bodies through hell, had to retire due to injury, and then did the fucking work to ensure they could hang with their dance partners. Punk is no different.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Laughing at/celebrating an injury is a new (but expected) low.

On a different note, I’m not sure what Meltzer/Alvarez/some fans are on about when it comes to House of Black and specifically Malakai. Mathews jobs regularly. Brody has lost a few times. Black lost to Cody, Sting/Darby, PAC, and lost the cage match on Saturday. I think there are other losses too I’m forgetting.
    Last edited by Swykk; 01-31-2024 at 08:23 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post

On a different note, I’m not sure what Meltzer/Alvarez/some fans are on about when it comes to House of Black and specifically Malakai. Mathews jobs regularly. Brody has lost a few times. Black lost to Cody, Sting/Darby, PAC, and lost the cage match on Saturday. I think there are other losses too I’m forgetting.
    Both Brody and Buddy owned them on Twitter in response. Making up stuff as usual.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Okada is out of NJPW and prowrestlingtees are removing all his stuff today. I want him in wwe so bad but my heart tells me he's going to AEW.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    He’s friends with The Bucks and Kenny.

More importantly, I think, is much like Ospreay, if you don’t want to move to the US, AEW is the place that’ll let you continue to live wherever.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Cry me a river

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Cry me a river
    Cut it with this.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    @Leviathant might not be ingrained in pro wrestling, but I am, and this isn't going to turn into an IWC chat room. It's clear that some people here don't like Punk and some people do. What we're going to do is share our opinions respectfully. What we are NOT going to do is turn it into a chest-thumping competition because if this continues, we'll take Pro Wrestling away from the board. Plain and simple. So knock it off.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Gypsy Rose Blanchard hanging out with Ricky Starks at Dynamite in NOLA was not on my radar but I love it.

https://x.com/starkmanjones/status/1...OOkEVTLzcVGEMQ

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    He’s friends with The Bucks and Kenny.

More importantly, I think, is much like Ospreay, if you don’t want to move to the US, AEW is the place that’ll let you continue to live wherever.
    I think if he wants more exposure he'll go to WWE, Meltzer is saying AEW has the higher offer though so i guess we'll see. AEW needs him more than WWE does.