Page 86 of 123 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 3664

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    We don't even know what this fucking thing will be and people are already gearing up to flip it for 5x its original asking price? Why am I not surprised..
    We know exactly what it is! And it's a huge piece of garbage!!!!! (My opinion) Dare hover over the next hidden block of text if you want the surprise spoiled... and I am warning you, this is what it is.... so you better not hover over this if you want to be surprised...

Spoiler: It's a disintegrating piece of paper with the lyrics written on it that creates a black/chalky/dusty/messy substance when touched.

It all makes sense now on why the shipping was free. What were we possibly expecting?

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Good to know.

Upon receipt, I'll handle it with a pair of tweezers, spray it with varnish and professionally frame it from the elements. That should preserve it for years to come.

Then I can laugh at all you idiots who actually handled it with your bare hands every time I look at it, lololol

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Good to know.

Upon receipt, I'll handle it with a pair of tweezers, spray it with varnish and professionally frame it from the elements. That should preserve it for years to come.

Then I can laugh at all you idiots who actually handled it with your bare hands every time I look at it, lololol
    Getting dirty and stained with it adds to the experience of the EP, jokes on you!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Now I wish I purchased the vinyl version.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    We know exactly what it is! And it's a huge piece of garbage!!!!! (My opinion) Dare hover over the next hidden block of text if you want the surprise spoiled... and I am warning you, this is what it is.... so you better not hover over this if you want to be surprised...

Spoiler: It's a disintegrating piece of paper with the lyrics written on it that creates a black/chalky/dusty/messy substance when touched.

It all makes sense now on why the shipping was free. What were we possibly expecting?
    that's what the press was sent, and even Levi said that what we're getting may be completely different. so we don't know for sure.

also, if they had copies of it ready for the press, and it was the same thing, why would there be so many delays that were unexpected? i'm guessing it IS going to be something different.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    also, if they had copies of it ready for the press, and it was the same thing, why would there be so many delays that were unexpected? i'm guessing it IS going to be something different.
    Actually there is a lot of why, like why did they correct digital download only for those asking, hosting then two files online per person. Why are they selling HiDef music that is everything but HiDef. Why are they selling multiples formats ... or not. Why are they tagging only mp3, why are they delivering worst corrupted zip ever and never been able to correct it, again if you don't ask for it.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Why are they selling HiDef music that is everything but HiDef.
    Lossless 24bit/48kHz is not HiDef enough for you? That is the format in which it was recorded...

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Lossless 24bit/48kHz is not HiDef enough for you? That is the format in which it was recorded...
    16/44 wasn't enough, obviously.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Any word on the physical component?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Quite a lot, yeah, apparently.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Firebrand is incompetent. Trent is aware we're frustrated, angry and want any sort of info but is actively refusing to say anything about it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Firebrand is incompetent. Trent is aware we're frustrated, angry and want any sort of info but is actively refusing to say anything about it.
    Because he has our money now.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I just hope my vinyl come in one piece.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    What exactly would he say about it that the company hasn't already said? It wouldn't resolve anything anyway. People would still be complaining, so what's the point?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    What exactly would he say about it that the company hasn't already said? It wouldn't resolve anything anyway. People would still be complaining, so what's the point?
    "The physical component was delayed because X. We did/are doing X to resolve this"
    All they're doing is just pushing the date back over and over and over again meanwhile Trent is actively viewing this message board and doing shit all about giving us any information whatsoever.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Careful Tony. Beware the wrath of BRoswell.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing View Post
    Because he has our money now.
    You wanna know why he doesn't talk to us anymore? You. And people like you. I remember when if even the tiniest thing went wrong he or Rob would show up and deal with it, but they both got run off from fan interaction because of the sheer toxicity of some fans. I'd like to think that someone who's been as good to his fan base as Trent has been over the years would at this point be given the benefit of the doubt that he's working on the problems, but it seems like every time he does or says anything that the he gets criticism. And not criticism like, "I'm not really feeling this album, I hope the next one is more my style." No, every bit of criticism is, "He's sold out. This new album is absolute garbage. All he cares about is money." So I'll just assume that he's working behind the scenes on fixing things like he always does, and you guys can keep insulting him and keeping him from letting us in on what's happening. Sound like a plan?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    If it was delayed because of a material shortage, then we'd all get mad at that supplier instead to be fair. But yes, Firebrand could at least say like "this is the reason", I doubt there's any NDA on delays, unless there's unknown contents of the package (beyond the photo we've all seen) delaying things

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    You wanna know why he doesn't talk to us anymore? You. And people like you. I remember when if even the tiniest thing went wrong he or Rob would show up and deal with it, but they both got run off from fan interaction because of the sheer toxicity of some fans. I'd like to think that someone whose been as good to his fan base as Trent has been over the years would at this point be given the benefit of the doubt that he's working on the problems, but it seems like every time he does or says anything that the he gets criticism. And not criticism like, "I'm not really feeling this album, I hope the next one is more my style." No, every bit of criticism is, "He's sold out. This new album is absolute garbage. All he cares about is money." So I'll just assume that he's working behind the scenes on fixing things like he always does, and you guys can keep insulting him and keeping him from letting us in on what's happening. Sound like a plan?
    Yeah, I feel if Trent was "we got the money, now run", then the replacements for Ghosts LE wouldn't have happened, the surprise 12" for An Omen wouldn't have happened, constantly forcing us to steal Broken Movie instead of paying for it* wouldn't happen.

*Though I still want a legit physical copy

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    "The physical component was delayed because X. We did/are doing X to resolve this"
    All they're doing is just pushing the date back over and over and over again meanwhile Trent is actively viewing this message board and doing shit all about giving us any information whatsoever.
    Saying why it was delayed would solve nothing. People are already annoyed that they didn't get it when it was originally promised. I can't see anyone seeing a message like that and saying "Oh, that makes a lot of sense. I completely understand, and will wait patiently now." No amount of messages from Trent or Firebrand or anyone else is going to make people better about this. What's going to make people feel better is having the product they ordered in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    You wanna know why he doesn't talk to us anymore? You. And people like you.
    "I accused Trent of being a money grubbing whore! Why won't he say something to make me feel better?"

Careful Tony. Beware the wrath of BRoswell.
    Hey, at least I'm not pulling facts out of my ass like you.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 02-14-2017 at 03:30 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Calling Trent a money whore is retarded, this is the guy who told you to steal Year Zero because he felt like the price was unfair for his fans and gave away The Slip for free. Amongs other things that prove this otherwise, but I'm too tired to post them, it's not worth it to post them. If Trent care all about money he would release safe music, why would he release something so unfriendly like Not The Actual Events at all?

I understand every one's frustration of not getting the physical component, but jesus, calm down your tits and keep your complains at least real and focused.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    And all of the princesses come out to defend the multimillionaire once again.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    We're really meaning to say your arguments are objectively really stupid and are just emotional reactions, they make no sense.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Criticism can be valid even if you and your delightful TR worshippers don't agree with it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    You have nothing to back it up with, it holds no real value, it isn't criticism, it's bitching very akin to a tantrum kid could throw.

That's it. I can acknowledge that the release of the EP (some people not getting links to their donwloads) and Fragile reissue were fucked. No one will deny that and every one will agree with that criticism, every one agrees it should have been handled better. I won't defend Firebrand or Trent over this, the physical component is something that we are not getting much of proper info about from either side, which is messed up. But to run to conclusion that it means that he only cared to take money from you is pointless whinning.

So nope, not valid. Simply calling us "Trent worshippers" by calling you out on your poor childish argument does not make yours any more genuine by the way.
    Last edited by HWB; 02-14-2017 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Added more stuff, whatever.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Criticism can be valid even if you and your delightful TR worshippers don't agree with it.
    I won't speak for anyone else, but I'm definitely not a "TR worshipper". I've been on here a while and have been critical of him several times. Just because I'm not throwing a fit over wanting Trent to repeat useless information doesn't mean I worship him or his fucking money.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh. Well. My mistake.

Now thanks to your truly convincing argument, I concede I must be wrong.

Thanks for taking the time to point out my apparent 'faults'.

Lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I won't speak for anyone else, but I'm definitely not a "TR worshipper". I've been on here a while and have been critical of him several times. Just because I'm not throwing a fit over wanting Trent to repeat useless information doesn't mean I worship him or his fucking money.
    Touch a nerve did I?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I dont really give a shit that its not here yet and cant understand why so many people do. Its not like you had to wait for the actual music until it arrives, and is late. We have the music and thats whats most important. We all know its something lightwieght, possibly insignificant and most likely without music on it. I promise it wont change your life. All of this "I want it now" is such a first world problem. I understand spending hard earned money on something and being promised something that doesnt happen on time but, thats fucking life. Its 15 bucks. And its not like he stole from you....Something is coming and when it comes it comes, and im not worried until they start refunding money. Yes firebrand sucks but its too late for that now. Its not like TR said, im holding the music until the phsyical copy arrives. We have the music! Thats why were all here right? As a nine inch nail fan since the mid 90s, im used to waiting. A few months is nothing, a blink. I just dont get it, am i missing something? I havent checked the last few pages very closely so if im way out of line, i apologize. Is it the radio silence? Weve heard more from him in the past two months than we have in a year.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Touch a nerve did I?
    Nah, just stating a fact. You're not worth any frayed nerves.

By the way, why didn't Trant and Atticrust release the album on cassette? I want to be able to play the album while holding a giant boombox over my head Say Anything style.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 02-14-2017 at 04:43 PM.