Thread: ADD VIOLENCE Physical Component

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Trent and Atticus are just characters in the simulation as well, then, since they're in wireframe, right? The impression that I'm getting is that they're kind of retroactively incorporating the entire catalog into one overarching clusterfuck of echoes, mirrors, reflections, variations and relatives. A Nine Inch Nails multiverse basically.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Trent and Atticus are just characters in the simulation as well, then, since they're in wireframe, right? The impression that I'm getting is that they're kind of retroactively incorporating the entire catalog into one overarching clusterfuck of echoes, mirrors, reflections, variations and relatives. A Nine Inch Nails multiverse basically.
    Well, we do know that Trent is in the Year Zero universe as he's being held in prison in Guam. So based on the idea that it was a simulation, Trent is definitely stuck in there. Reminds me of the final lyrics from Happiness in Slavery which were "flesh that's stuck in this big broken machine." You could theoretically tie the NIN catalog into Add Violence which is crazy.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 08-18-2017 at 07:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Well, we do know that Trent is in the Year Zero universe as he's being held in prison in Guam. So based on the idea that it was a simulation, Trent is definitely stuck in there. Reminds me of the final lyrics from Happiness in Slavery which were "flesh that's stuck in this big broken machine." You could theoretically tie the NIN catalog into Add Violence which is crazy.
    (See this thread.) Fred had a thought that Trent retrofit the catalog into the storyline. The concept is chilling and completely plausible.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    less than

the lovers

this isn't the place / not anymore

the background world

credits

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Try listening to HTDA - Welcome Oblivion too. The lyrics are very close thematically and they DID cover HTDA songs on this recent wave....

I don't know if you can hear me over this
    I don't know if you can hear the sound
    I don't know if you're aware of what's happening
    I don't know if you should stick around

It's so perfect with a perfect kiss from your lips
    It's so perfect with a loving embrace
    You can't f*ck with the way of nature
    Everything is falling into place

You know what you have done
    Welcome oblivion
    And this has just begun
    Welcome oblivion