Page 105 of 182 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 5441

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Worrying about something only to be absolutely wrong about it anyway.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    My 2-year-old's favourite song alternates regularly between campfire singalong " " and T-Rex's " ". He can frequently be heard belting either one.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    two weeks sober.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my wife and i have now watched EVERY SINGLE EPISODE of MST3K, more or less in order (we started with "Mitchell", watched through the end of the show with Mike, and then looped back around to season 1 with Joel). tonight we closed the loop with "Mitchell". it was a bittersweet occasion, but i'm mostly very happy.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BEmmmUrDlVY/

This post from my friend. Made me tear up a little bit!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    a toss up between my 8 year old belting it out to "satellite' (his new current fave..he calls it "scratch across the sky" lol) and getting to play with some crystal singing bowls at my old work today.
    now for some gardening. woop woop.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I found the ETS archive of the older version of this board and have spent a lot of time the last week going through it, mainly because my parents were members and posted on it 7-10 years ago. I was young enough then that Mom wouldn't let me look at it, so it's been interesting to now look around in it and find things they posted back then. Obviously, simple things can sometimes cheer me up.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I went for a job interview this morning, and the agency I went to had this view of Sydney Harbour out the window:

http://i68.tinypic.com/1z1w5qh.jpg

Wish I worked somewhere with a view like that!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I went for a job interview this morning, and the agency I went to had this view of Sydney Harbour out the window:

http://i68.tinypic.com/1z1w5qh.jpg

Wish I worked somewhere with a view like that!
    Whoa holy shit, TinyPic exists? Btw, your photo is sideways. Also, use imgur.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Whoa holy shit, TinyPic exists? Btw, your photo is sideways. Also, use imgur.
    It shows the right way up on my phone. I hate when that happens.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I'm just putting this here instead of the "Piss You Off" thread because it really was bullshit and all I could do was laugh.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Watching Graham Norton and Hugh Grant just said: "someone recently said that my face now looks like a scrotum". I cracked up, as I was actually thinking to myself how he's aged quite a bit.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    23 days sober. the absolute best decision i've made in my adult life thus far. i look better than i have in years, got a fantastic job in healthcare (goodbye forever, retail management!), and my confidence is back in spades.

life is good.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

rofl...my 14 year old just shared this with me.
    lololololololol.
    (though, to be fair, i attempted to explain the concept of the circle as a symbol of equality...he rolled his eyes...then i had to point out the symbolism of the sword in the stone...which earned me a pat on the head. fucking kid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Freshly picked, mountain grown, sweet, sweet strawberries make my tummy happy. A few freshly baked buttermilk biscuits to go along with them, and I'm good to go.

Last edited by blake; 05-11-2016 at 08:50 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Freshly picked, mountain grown, sweet, sweet strawberries make my tummy happy. A few freshly baked buttermilk biscuits to go along with them, and I'm good to go.
    oh god i want to hang out with you <3

my wife and i often get pizza from Bake 425 (which is the successor to Homemade Pizza Co. which sadly went bankrupt; Bake 425 was started by one of the original founders of Homemade Pizza Co. and re-opened in four of the previous locations). it's the kind of place where they make you a fresh pizza and you bring it home and bake it yourself (which means you can add your own toppings, control how well done it is, etc.) and it's DELICIOUS.
    anyway, we had accumulated enough points for a free medium cheese pizza, and when i went to pick it up on saturday, the manager (who is the nicest guy in the world) had made us a large. then last night, when i had ordered two cutie pies (small pizzas), we apparently had a coupon for a free one, so i tipped $5.
    i love being a regular customer and being so well taken care of by people. even if the pizza was sub-par (which it's not), the kindness would keep me coming back for more.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    When a day-long headache finally lets go...

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    omg, those strawberries!!!! i am so chuffed that our farmers market re opens next week. i love it. the colours just blow my mind and make me happy. i also love that it is fairly small. oh, and the gourmet hummous maker will be back (extra garlic, dill and capers...the tongue dances with delight)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i spent the money from the check that i got.
    i got some presents for family, but for me i got (finally) some monitors "ideal for small studio or home studio use" and a halfway decent condenser mic.
    The quality of my recordings will get a shot in the arm from this.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Sour dough bread - toasted. Yuuuuummmmm

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    working on a track with a kind of dallas celebrity, mc astro.

and it sounds fucking awesome. i am proud.
    it's my first good hip hop track (not with me rapping of course)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    After import of my photoalbums from dying Picasa to Zonerama (nice feature) and reviewing them, this one cheered me up. :-)
    https://www.zonerama.com/substance24...13917/59104135
    (taken in Austria somewhere)

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    i am doing some editing for a few authors and it is loads of fun.
    here's hoping it turns into paid work in the future!
    it's still loads of fun anyway, though.
    and satisfying. ever so satisfying.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    i am doing some editing for a few authors and it is loads of fun.
    here's hoping it turns into paid work in the future!
    it's still loads of fun anyway, though.
    and satisfying. ever so satisfying.
    it sounds similar to what i am doing musically. It would be AWESOME if someone wanted to actually pay me for my production, but it's fun just to DO it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Last night, I went and saw my favorite baseball team play in person for the first time and I sat behind home plate for the first time ever as well. Sure, my team lost (thankfully they won tonight, avoiding getting swept) but it was certainly cool to see them out there especially when they almost pulled off the comeback.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    put $50 on my homeboy's books. He got slapped with a couple of years in state jail over some nasty repeated drug possession business.
    Write your friend or your cousin who is locked up. You know you have one. it sucks in there.
    Plus you get to feel good about yourself and know they are thinking of you when they eat those soups and honey buns.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    They accidentally gave me 12 extra pills at the pharmacy today, of something tightly controlled that i REALLY like having.
    It's a fucking triplicate prescription, and i can't believe it happened, but i counted them like five times, and it totally did. :P

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    anticipating going to bed slightly lit in freshly washed bedding.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    They accidentally gave me 12 extra pills at the pharmacy today, of something tightly controlled that i REALLY like having.
    It's a fucking triplicate prescription, and i can't believe it happened, but i counted them like five times, and it totally did. :P
    Here's to hoping you use them responsibly, make em last, the pharmacy might catch their mistake (esp if tightly controlled) and not be as giving next time.

Also I fly home in 6 days and am so ready to trade in this Scottish weather for something resembling summer

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    The Pictures of Your Pet thread. @tony.parente and @botley most recently. Thank you and your adorable puppies!