Thread: What Was The Rollout For Pretty Hate Machine???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Gottlieb is a weird dude that takes credit for EVERYTHING. One of the many reasons TR hates the guy.

I was a freshman in high school when PHM came out and a friend that worked in a record store gave me the tape because he was into metal and the album wasn’t heavy enough for him. I loved it immediately, but then a few months later radio and MTV started playing HLAH and Down In It and everyone jumped onboard. When a few cheerleader friends started singing HLAH in the hallway one day, I knew the secret was out!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatebdp View Post
    Gottlieb is a weird dude that takes credit for EVERYTHING. One of the many reasons TR hates the guy.

I was a freshman in high school when PHM came out and a friend that worked in a record store gave me the tape because he was into metal and the album wasn’t heavy enough for him. I loved it immediately, but then a few months later radio and MTV started playing HLAH and Down In It and everyone jumped onboard. When a few cheerleader friends started singing HLAH in the hallway one day, I knew the secret was out!!
    I was also a freshman in high school when PHM came out and your high school is clearly cooler than mine. At my high school I only knew of nin because I every once in a while saw the logo on a t-shirt from one of the "weird people." It wasn't until college when I got exposed to more music and my roommate bought TDS the week it was released that I even heard them and at first it was just noise but it slowly grew on me and I became a rabid fan before Closer hit the radio and MTV so I just barely squeaked in before it became trendy lol