Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016 (Broken, TDS, TF)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    mac user here -- help a n00b out, my format of choice is apple lossless, any advice on a reliable tool i can use to convert the flac files i get tonight?

(didn't realize there probably wouldn't be a format choice like there was for NTAE until i just downloaded NBK/Lost Highway)

((and i know i could just google this, but i trust you guys more than google IT'S A GOOD THING))

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    mac user here -- help a n00b out, my format of choice is apple lossless, any advice on a reliable tool i can use to convert the flac files i get tonight?

(didn't realize there probably wouldn't be a format choice like there was for NTAE until i just downloaded NBK/Lost Highway)

((and i know i could just google this, but i trust you guys more than google IT'S A GOOD THING))
    XLD is clearly your friend for proper rip and conversion

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I don't have a record player nor do I own a single vinyl. I already own all the NIN albums on other mediums, but I would really love to replace all my current files with these new 2017 Definitive editions, just to have the latest and greatest lossless files. I have faith that the kind, beautiful users of ets will be sharing the wealth around. What a better Christmas present than new 2017 FLAC files of PHM, Broken, TDS, Fragile, Fragile: Deviations, WT, YZ, and The Slip.

( <3 u guys )

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    What a better Christmas present than new 2017 FLAC files of PHM, Broken, TDS, Fragile, Fragile: Deviations, WT, YZ, and The Slip.
    Why are you expecting all of them? PHM was already released so you can download those anytime, and it isn't getting a 2017 remaster. And WT, YZ and The Slip aren't orderable until next year, so you can't get downloads of those. Tomorrow is only going to yield the first preorders (Broken, TDS, TF, TFE).

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Holy shit I'm still giddy just reading that post and reminding myself that Christmas is going to FUCKING ROCK!
    I don't care if mom buys me socks, BROKEN TDS THE FRAGILE REMASTERED, BITCHES !

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuenthez View Post
    XLD is clearly your friend for proper rip and conversion
    I've been using Max, but I completely forgot about XLD. I'll probably switch to that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't own a turntable, but if the downloads are that good and add that little bit extra, I might have to spend the money just for those....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Maybe it says high Rez, because it's pre WT era...?

I see myself out.
    Maybe it says Rez because Reznor.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2020k View Post
    Maybe it says Rez because Reznor.
    Congratulations; that was the joke.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Bit the bullet and bought broken and TDS.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'll be ordering some of the others after Christmas starting with the Fragile and NTAE. Then I'll probably get TDS then Broken.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    If it turns out at digital release that there IS something special extra with Broken, can someone call me to wake me up so I can buy it. Ty.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Why are you expecting all of them? PHM was already released so you can download those anytime, and it isn't getting a 2017 remaster. And WT, YZ and The Slip aren't orderable until next year, so you can't get downloads of those. Tomorrow is only going to yield the first preorders (Broken, TDS, TF, TFE).
    You're totally right. I didn't look into it that much because like I said, I don't have any way to play vinyl or know anybody with a turntable.

So let me reiterate: What a better Christmas present than new 2017 FLAC files of PHM, Broken, TDS, Fragile, Fragile: Deviations, WT, YZ, and The Slip. I do have a lossless PHM, but I think it's a rip from my old school CD. Even though the remaster is 6 years old, it would still be cool to get the official NIN.com download.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    POINTLESS SPECULATION:

I wonder if the 2017 version of WT will have the Twilight Zone sample

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    POINTLESS SPECULATION:

Probably not. Based on this, I'm guessing the sample was left off of the album because they couldn't clear it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Personally I'm really hoping the songs from With Teeth that weren't moved to Year Zero make their way into the remaster

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    POINTLESS SPECULATION:

Can you point out what Twilight Zone sample you're talking about? Was it only on some versions?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I'm hoping the RWIB v.2, Non Entity , and Not So Pretty Now make it to the release.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Can you point out what Twilight Zone sample you're talking about? Was it only on some versions?
    Checkout the instrumental version, you can hear it pretty clearly there.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I think it first surfaced on The Definitive NIN (Deep Cuts). I didn't know that the instrumental version also had the sample in it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Finally going to have the vinyl sequence of TF digitally tonight ... only took 17 years! Woo!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I'm hoping the RWIB v.2, Non Entity , and Not So Pretty Now make it to the release.
    And Home! Please oh please I hope it has Home.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    The vinyl version's always had "Home" on it.
    Isn't the point that this is a new tweaked/remastered version? I know the original vinyl had Home on it, I just hope this one does as well. I guess I just wasn't assuming that these new vinyls would have the same tracklists as the original ones.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I hope the Year Zero vinyl has the song that Josh Homme sang on.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Is that a thing? I thought it was just that Trent sang on "Era Vulgaris," which was cut from Era Vulgaris, around the same time Year Zero came out?

Also: What in the fucking fuck is up with the goddamned fucking italics on this board? I can be half a sentence away from the last time I used italics, then backspace to get rid of a typo, and suddenly I'm typing in the middle of the fucking italicized word?
    http://antiquiet.com/interviews/2007...the-stone-age/

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    broken download is ready and gigantic -- does it include the movie??

TDS still gave me the stupid image files instead of the real file, but i think it's ready now... gonna wait a hot second just in case because i only have one download left on that one. not gonna touch the fragile downloads till it's confirmed they're up.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    broken download is ready and gigantic -- does it include the movie??

TDS still gave me the stupid image files instead of the real file, but i think it's ready now... gonna wait a hot second just in case because i only have one download left on that one. not gonna touch the fragile downloads till it's confirmed they're up.
    I only have the download files for the new album and none of the reissues despite getting them all.
    I keep telling myself patience is a virtue.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Only getting a download for NTAE despite ordering all the others as well. Should I just wait, or do I need to get to contacting CS?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    They keep saying that the links will come today... :/

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    my emails act like they're ready but some definitely still aren't. the fragile ones both have iffy icons on the download page.

broken just finished downloading -- 1.93gb. i can only assume that means good things.

EDIT: ok it does mean good things but no movie -- based on broken, the definitive vinyl downloads include WAVs, FLACs, and MP3s all in the same zip.