Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep It Together

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    KIT_ = old Telefon Tel Aviv - (melody + distinctive sexy vocals)

which i guess amounts to a sinister Telefon Tel Aviv. definitely intrigued about the EP and the LP, but not really getting into KIT_, even after more than 50 listens

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't know the place this song is gonna hold on the album,but it really sounds like a transition to me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Let's see how many of you are honest: UK download is live
    Done and done. Normally I wouldnt care but I like these guys and they deserve my money

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    You mean, the guys on Columbia. You're thoughtful. Pff

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    One of my favourite examples: HD, so the audio is good, with the music video in a PIP, probably at around the resolution it was broadcast in anyway.

Also, this is the first HTDA track with forefront vocals from Trent, isn't it? Sign of the future?
    I wouldn't call it forefront vocals, necessarily - Mariqueen handled the heavy lifting with the vocals. Trent sung three words over and over. His vocals were fairly prevalent in IYLSE? too, to a lesser extent.

Though, I was pretty surprised by how up-front his vocals were. I didn't really think that was the focus of HTDA. Oh well. Maybe he just got tired of not singing on anything he released.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like it.

Tempted to buy the vinyl of the new EP when it comes out but dont enjoy the postage costs to the UK when buying from the NIN sites (CDs etc). Hopefully it will be available on amazon or something.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    i like that they're continuing the supercreepy, downtempo direction. i'll admit this song in particular doesn't instantly resonate with me, though, and that its placement on the EP will probably make more sense of it. kinda hoping the arrangements are different this time — if they sat on this for the past year and were still okay with most/every song opening with the beat repeating four times, i may have to cry and whine on the internet about it!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    It's the opening song

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    according to Rob KIT's "a preview of the full album":

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...16292311523328

EDIT: well i took that as a good representation of what to expect. so here we go: looped beats, textures, weird sounds, more experimental/less poppy, SINISTER(!!!) but who knows, maybe HDTA will end up on the Beatport dance hits chart! ;-)
    Last edited by konstantin; 10-09-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I quite dig this track. The subtle instrumental texture is somewhat reminiscent of the Fragile. Groundbreaking? nah. But it is has me very excited for the EP and the forthcoming album.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by konstantin View Post
    according to Rob KIT's "a preview of the full album":

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...16292311523328
    The way I read it was that the EP (not KIT) is a preview for the LP. Maybe I'm wrong? I sure as hell hope I'm not wrong.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    The way I read it was that the EP (not KIT) is a preview for the LP. Maybe I'm wrong? I sure as hell hope I'm not wrong.
    That's what I took from it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ahead of his time again, awesome track

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The song has grown on me. I'm still kinda bored with her voice. She has a nice voice but she always sounds bored and there's no.. Energy to it.

But I like the song. Hopefully the album gets a few more upbeat songs.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    so uh... The tags on the iTunes purchase are "How to Destroy Angels" "Keep It Together - Single"
    was pitchfork's comment about the capitalization and underscore changes just sarcasm?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    so uh... The tags on the iTunes purchase are "How to Destroy Angels" "Keep It Together - Single"
    was pitchfork's comment about the capitalization and underscore changes just sarcasm?
    It's probably how the intern at the record label submitted it.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Amazon's has all the underscores and lowercase bullshit, I think it's just iTunes being iTunes tbh

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    iTunes does that with literally everything. I'd go with what HTDA uses, such as in the Soundcloud source.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Listening to this at work today made me like it a lot more. It's a grower, friends. Just like A Drowning, I'm sure it will also sound way better in context.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    You mean, the guys on Columbia. You're thoughtful. Pff
    Hey now, be nice. That was 89 frickin' p. Thats almost an entire pound of my money on this single. Damn right I'm thoughtful

But seriously I'm gonna pay for everything that comes from these guys. I'd prefer it if they got my money directly but either way stealing or being given music this good for free doesn't feel right

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    iTunes does that with literally everything. I'd go with what HTDA uses, such as in the Soundcloud source.
    But the Soundcloud and Youtube both have different stylizations and they're both straight from the horse's Macbook. Can someone ask Rob about this?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    But the Soundcloud and Youtube both have different stylizations and they're both straight from the horse's Macbook. Can someone ask Rob about this?
    I was very pleasantly surprised by the free d/l on SoundCloud (and I continue to be grateful for it), but the inconsistent tagging was frustrating. If you're gonna have stylized text, that's fine (nearLY and aSHES dIVIDE never bothered me), but keep it consistent. As small a thing as it is, the title of the song (Keep it together) vs. the title of the album (Keep it Together) makes me a little crazy, just because I want the most "official" labels of everything in my music library.

I've only listened to the new single 3 times so far, but it's cool. Not mindblowing, but cool, and it's growing on me. I'm looking forward to listening to it on some good headphones. The idea of the band exploring tension is interesting: my favorite part of the song is easily the guitar strum followed by that high-pitched keyboard(?) at 1:09 - super creepy and awesome. I do hope we get some more dance-oriented, Fur Lined-esque stuff on the LP to break up the dread. I think that's still my favorite HTDA song if I had to choose.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    If some of you haven't purchased the single yet, here is a way to get a $2 Amazon MP3 credit: http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/8115...n-2-mp3-credit

Go buy the single or if you haven't purchased the TR/AC/AR Telepathe Destroyer's Single , this would be a good use of the $2 credit.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Maybe each distribution channel will have its own stylization, just to drive us crazy. Or maybe it was a recent change and not everything got properly updated.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I love that A# to C bass line. I enjoy this as an opening scene, dare I say it is a good theme setter... like how Mr. Self Destruct set the theme for TDS. (Falling apart/self destruct/cant keep it together).

I think I have an idea on what the singer is telling us... I didn't get any hits from my previous post about the lyrics.

"the skin that separates us" - Skin colour/race or the way physical form prevents us from ..?
    "there is a voice inside of me" Is this mediumship? There is a track called "Speaking in tounges"... related? Is TR simply back up vox or is he portraying the voice?

I've listened to the track a few times now. Well done, very moody.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    Maybe each distribution channel will have its own stylization, just to drive us crazy. Or maybe it was a recent change and not everything got properly updated.
    Drive all the collectors nuts. Not only will you need every single release, but a copy of each spelling!

or... its a hidden code. OH SHIT
    A: How to destroy angels_ , Keep it together
    I: How to Destroy Angels, Keep It Together - Single
    S: How to destroy angels_ , Keep it together
    Y: How to destroy angels_ , Keep it together_

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    "As_the_spirit_ wanes_the_form_appears_" – Charles Bukowski

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    love the music... the beat kinda has an Autechre-ish stutteryness to it
    but i have to say that i do not like her vocals... they are a bit underwhelming
    give me an instrumental and i'll be happy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i dig it, but it's such a YZ b-side with MQ's vocals...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm hearing alot of complaints about the new single. If you dont like it you dont like it, I just dont get all this hate on it because it sounds to samey. I personally dont hear all that much of a resemblance to NIN at all. Of course you can hear Trents trademark style but he is in the band. Why anyone on a NIN forum would complain that it sounds too samey to NIN on a NIN forum is beyond me to begin with. I really dont know what people were expecting but in my eyes this exceeds all my expectations tenfold and I really cannot wait to hear more.

Anyway, thats me done with defending my beloved music. On another note, my god KIT really does have an amazing feel when combined with the artwork. Rob has reeeeeelly outdone himself this time round