Page 401 of 485 FirstFirst ... 301 351 391 399 400 401 402 403 411 451 ... LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,030 of 14544

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm sure I said this before, but the first time I saw John Cena on WWE programming was in the 2003 Royal Rumble. He came out rapping and I immediately started laughing at the gimmick, seriously thinking it'd probably be the death of him in the company. I lived in an area that didn't get UPN as part of the cable, so I wasn't aware of the amazing stuff he'd done on Smackdown! from his match with Kurt Angle and other stuff before the rapper gimmick.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Woke up to see that Mean Gene Okerlund has passed away. Fuck...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Woke up to see that Mean Gene Okerlund has passed away. Fuck...
    Yeah, so sad, he was still active and looked fine, he was a true legend

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    To this day, he's the best interviewer, ever. No one's come close and probably never will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you Mean Gene R.I.P.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    RIP Mean Gene

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    RIP Meaaaaaaaaan BY GOD Gene

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I heard about this in the morning. Terrible news. Great interviewer and on screen personality. He was our main link to the wrestlers in the 80's and early 90's.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    god this league of nation ships is soooooooo fuuuuucking booooooooring GOOOOOOOOOD DAMN.

Nice to see Shane again. in at 2016

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    god this league of nation ships is soooooooo fuuuuucking booooooooring GOOOOOOOOOD DAMN.

Nice to see Shane again. in at 2016
    League of Nations was so bad. They deserved better than that.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    So, your boy has been cleared to wrestle today!

I'll be kayfabing it, doing some practice matches in private to knock the rust off and wait for some new gear and such! But it feels good!!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Holy shit you guys werent kidding about the level of hate for Roman HOLY SHIT THAT X-PAC HEAT DAMN....

I kinda find feel bad for him, he isn't that bad, just booked so poorly that people hate it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Welp, seeing a live event tonight in a non-televised (obviously) SmackDown! show in Greensboro. Will report more info later.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Will be interesting to see the response Hogan gets on Monday night...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    2016 payback was pretty good imo

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just got back about an hour ago. Great night and show, then again I am easy to please. Great matches and fun fan interactions were abound, which is why these non-televised ones are so great to attend. I remember the entire card and in order:

Tag Team Championship Match

The Bar defeated the New Day (Kofi Kingston and Big E) (Xavier Woods wasn't there as he was at some Game Convention)

Tag Team Match

Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville defeated Lana and Nikki Cross

Singles Match

Jeff Hardy was attacked by Samoa Joe outside the ring postponing it

MIZ TV Segment > Singles Match

The Miz defeated his guest Mustafa Ali

Singles Match

Jeff Hardy defeated Samoa Joe

WWE US Championship Match

Rusev defeated Shinsuke Nakamura

Mixed Tag Team Match

R Truth and Carmella defeated Andrade 'Cien' Almas and Zelina Vega

Triple Threat WWE SackDown! Women's Championship Match (Best match of the Night)

Asuka defeated Charlotte (via submission) and Becky Lynch

WWE Championship match

Daniel Bryan defeated AJ Styles

I also bought an updated 2019 Official Program and a hardcover Yearbook at the show. Wore my Blackcraft Saraya (Paige) shirt (never seen another person with it ) to the show and had a fun time. I'll share some photos tomorrow. Time to sleep!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Here's some random, oversized photos. Here's the rest of the album - https://imgur.com/a/Knh2xIk

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Here's the promo I did last night, I know you all know I'm cleared and you've followed my story, but if you could take the time out of your day to watch and let me know what you think I'd really appreciate it!!

https://www.facebook.com/10001155450...16996/?app=fbl

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Here's the promo I did last night, I know you all know I'm cleared and you've followed my story, but if you could take the time out of your day to watch and let me know what you think I'd really appreciate it!!

I liked it. Take it easy man. After something like that, there's no reason to rush.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Oh hey...Enzo and Cass....huh they looked amusing, pretty funny *goes to look up more about them*

.........oh...........god damnit...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryalex12 View Post
    oh hey...enzo and cass....huh they looked amusing, pretty funny *goes to look up more about them*

.........oh...........god damnit...
    ...and you can't teach that!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I saw the promo on Facebook, via Instagram before I saw your post here about being cleared, and for the first bit I thought it was a retirement promo or at the least, a going-to-be-out-a-long-time promo. The whole thing was good, the crowd was into it, and if your in-ring return is a surprise there, the roof is going to blow off from the size of the pop you'll get.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Is it wrong of me for getting the vibe of someone coming out to.jump you during the promo? I knew going in you were cleared. But the way you were talking, I was waiting for it haha. Still good stuff though.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So, what are everyone's thoughts on AEW? I think it will be very telling to see how the launch goes and how, as Cody says, they're going to "change the world". Furthermore, how they treat, book, or introduce any WWE talent will be very interesting. Tone and story will be important; really hoping they avoid the "middle finger to the WWE trope". I fear they'll be short lived if they go that route.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm hyped for it. Sounds like they're not afraid of throwing money around either. I doubt they're going to be really be able to compete with WWE. I'd just worry about doing the best they can with what they have and build from that. I think they're going to do fine though. Just need to be patient and build their brand and not worry about competing with WWE or anyone else.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Loved the promo man, so emotional and honest (even though you were Kayfabing).
    May your return to the ring be as big as you deserve...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm hyped for it. Sounds like they're not afraid of throwing money around either. I doubt they're going to be really be able to compete with WWE. I'd just worry about doing the best they can with what they have and build from that. I think they're going to do fine though. Just need to be patient and build their brand and not worry about competing with WWE or anyone else.
    A sound and well reasoned fanpost from Cagesideseats that speaks to the money stuff (and other stuff, too). Khan is loaded, for sure, but it's not like AEW will be rife with cash just yet. I'm sure the Bucks & Cody know this is a marathon and not a sprint, I just worry about their success given the saturation of professional wrestling as it stands today.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Is it wrong of me for getting the vibe of someone coming out to.jump you during the promo? I knew going in you were cleared. But the way you were talking, I was waiting for it haha. Still good stuff though.
    Haha you're SICK! BUT I figured if I took a bump people would know I was cleared, I don't want them to have ANY suspection I'm back until it's GO time!

Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Loved the promo man, so emotional and honest (even though you were Kayfabing).
    May your return to the ring be as big as you deserve...
    Thank you! I'm proud of myself for actually getting teary eyed. ACTING!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Alright so here is a quick run down on how I feel about all the guys ive seen (and can rememeber) so far Starting from people I like, to indifferent to just do not like

Loved:

Dean Ambrose: I love this dude, I like his wildness and crazy personality and being unpredictable. He brings a lot of excitement from me and is very very entertaining. I don't remember who said it, but while i was looking back at the past comments you guys left, someone said that they couldn't really take him seriously because he was too goofy or something like that. Man have you not seen The New Day? Speaking of

The New Day: It was weird seeing them when they first started out, people hating them, they really were nothing special at all and it looked like nothing was gonna make them entertaining at all. Boy was I wrong and im sure you guys were to when it first happened. Funny, full of charisma, VERY entertaining, all the video game references, god its nice to see a team that know that they aren't trying to be very serious but are also good in the ring too. Very nice.

Chris Jericho: Love him, what's not to say? Great babyface, Amazing heel, also packed full of charisma, lots of catchphrases, awesome in the ring, there isn't really much to say other than hell yeah.

Daniel Bryan: YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! *see him retire* NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! *see's picture of him above this post of him back in the ring* YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Shane McMahon: I can see why you guys love this due so much. Very nice, has lot's of personality, actually listens to the crowd, great dancer, just an overall great guy....unlike his dad....or sister.

Dolph Ziggler: It's like a version of John Cena that people like, and i mean that in the way that he too never gives up. I used to call him "Top Roman Head" because when i first saw him, he still had his hair bleached. I like him on the bases that he is fun to watch.

Kevin Owens: hahahah so funny story about this guy. My first time seeing him was in a video of Y2J putting everyone on the list, and it never showed K.O being....well...how he usually is, so my first impressions was that he was a great friendly dude.

HAHAHAH JESUS FUCK NOPE I WAS WAAAAAY OFF HOLY SHIT THIS GUYS EGO IS LIKE ONLY THE 3RD THE SIZE OF THE WWE ARENA JESUS FUCK this guy is such an asshole holy shit....and i mean that in Kayfabe i dunno what he is like IRL. But yeah holy shit this guy is a prick, but he is very talented and great in the ring....

Sting: yeah, this guy is awesome. He's like a cool, party dude that is all about having fun...in Crow makeup. Seeing video's of him made me see why you guys love him so much. Great mic skills, Great in the ring, Great at saying more with no words at all....just that stare. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seth Rollins: Speaking of big ego's, this guy. One thing i wanna point out is that out of all the heel's, he is probably the one that comes off as the most believable. Yeah K.O is a dick but its also comical of how much of an asshole Kevin is. Seth, on the other hand, has it down. Even the way he comes out when the music hits adds to his ego. The way the camera turns around from the log and zooms in when the music pauses and Seth walking down once it starts back up, it really add's to the smugness, it gives off that "yeah i know im hot shit" vibe and it really adds to it. He's pretty good in the ring....when he stays in and doesn't roll out.

The Undertaker: Its the fucking Undertaker.

The Rock: IT'S DOESNT MATTER WHAT MY OPINION IS ABOUT HIM

Mick Foley: It's impossible not to love this man
    -----
    Indifferent

Enzo & Big Cass: Man this one sucks to write about. These guys were really going up to my fave lists too. AWESOME Mic skills, decent enough in the ring, but the chrisma they had on the mic was just awesome so imagine how disappointed i was when i found out that Enzo got hit was a Sexual Harassment Charge (which I later read was dropped for lack of evidence but thats still not a great card to cary with) and Big Cass was on a drunken tried on how great out dumbass of a leader was...and i think he liked said it to someone with Middle Eastern ethnicity? FUCK OFF.

Sheamus: He's fine enough in the ring but this dude has no personality at all. He still stands out like a sore thumb on how white he is though.

Rusev: While he is great in the ring, this dued just bores the hell out of me, plus i cant understand every other word he says.

The Wyatt Family: I used to think these guys were fucking annoying. Bray was fine on his own, he has great charisma and is very believable on his gimmick, Rowan was intimidating and Luke......eh. I was say that I was not expecting Luke to sound the way he did when he did talk. I started liking them more when they split off, but after Bruan came in, I was like. "Dude.....is that even fair?" The fucker is like unstoppable.

John Cena: I don;t think he is as bad as people make him out to be. If anything, he is a very caring person so you can't call him an ass or anything...I don't he know's how to be one. Sure he uses a lot of the same moves....but let me tell you, he has a lot more comming with him than the next person on this list. One thing i did find annoying is that HE NEVER FUCKING LOST. Like I get it, you never give up, that's fine, but you could try...not winning every single fucking match and let someone who might deserve it get a chance?

Brock Lesner: You think John is repetitive? ITS JUST FUCKING SUPLEX CITY OVER HERE. SUPLEX AFTER SUPLEX AFTER SUPLEX AFTER FUCKING SUPLEX. F5 F5 F5 F5 SDJFHDJFLHDASFSDJLKF. Oh what's that? He'll throw in a submission move every now and than? Is it only one type? HELL YES IT IS BECAUSE SUPLEX CITY BITCHES. Like i get it, the dude is a powerhouse BUT FUCKING HELL DO SOMETHING MORE THEN JUST SUPLEX CITY. HOW ABOUT A DIFFERENT KIND OF SUPLEX? THERE IS MORE THAN JUST A GERMAN SUPLEX DAMNIT. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Triple H: Eh, the authority was ass, but he is okay. I will say its very amussing to seeing you guys go from "Fuck off Triple H" to "OH GOD PLEASE SAVE US FROM VINCE TRIPLE H"

Roman Reigns: like Cena, he is not as bad as people say he is. He is great in the ring and his promo are...............questionable at times ( S U F F E R I N G S U C K A T A T H), but his bookings are hot shit. Vince, he isn't winning people over as a face, turn heel aready, you have plently of time to think about this while he is recovering from Leukemia.

Jonny Cag----I Mean The Miz: Apparently he gone great as a heel this year. Hope it comes soon because im bored of him. I do still like that he reminds me of Jonny Cage with them shades.

Most tag Teams: Eh just doesnt really excite me at all

The Female matches: It's not because they are female, I just dont find any of them entertaining at all other than Paige and I know she is gone now. Just never excited me and no NOT LIKE THAT EITHER.
    -------
    Hated

Fandango: No

Stephanie McMahon: You are fucking annoying and horrible at management, please fuck off.

Vince McMahon: You have outlived your usefulness, please fuck off because you are ruining the very thing you helped create.

JBL: Can I ask why you guys hate Cole so much? Because this guy is probably the biggest tool ive seen so far. Cole has so much energy and excitement and this guy just won't FUCKING SHUT UP OR STOP COMPLAINING. WAH WAH WAH PLEASE FUCKING SHUT THE HELL UP. YOU ARE A FUCKING HYPOCRITE 95% OF TIME, YOU HAVE ZERO LIKEABILITY AND YOU ARE APPARENTLY JUST AS BIG OF A PRICK OUT OF KAYFABE TOO SO FUCK YOU.