Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: ADD VIOLENCE Physical Component

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Yeah, mine came today as well (labels: AMPLIFY CHAOS, SUBMISSION, DISORDER).

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Trent and Atticus are just characters in the simulation as well, then, since they're in wireframe, right? The impression that I'm getting is that they're kind of retroactively incorporating the entire catalog into one overarching clusterfuck of echoes, mirrors, reflections, variations and relatives. A Nine Inch Nails multiverse basically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    Mine just arrived today 17/08/17. From US (USPS) then via Royal Mail (UK). Took a whole week from the dispatch notification.

Panel Stickers are : AMPLIFY CHAOS, DISORDER, SUBMISSION
    Mine arrived today also! Phew... same replacement labels too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Another UK delivery here. Same three labels as above.

I never opened my NTAE one, and it feels really nice to actually hold something in your hand. Perfect timing, too, as I was listening to AV for the first time this week when I got home.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by t3chg1rl View Post
    And I'm a dev, and the lyrics are hard to read for me because it's not functioning as a real language. So I am attempting to parse it out. But one last thought. In a program, you can have a function, and that will call something, produce output.
    I was hoping it was an actual language. Imagine throwing source code out into the world that also functions as a lyrics sheet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Finally got mine yesterday, was too busy to get on and say something though. This was definitely not what I expected, but I cannot wait to hyperanalyze this thing and find things that aren't really there. Anyway, the lack of dust was very shocking to me, and this makes me wonder how the NTAE physical component fits into this. Already can't wait for the third EP to get that PC, and then piece everything together.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I got ANXIETY, PRESENCE, and AMPLIFY CHAOS.

Kinda wish there was a CD in there, but oh well.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I got

AMPLIFY CHAOS
    SUBMISSION
    DISORDER

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Arrived yesterday:

AMPLIFY CHAOS
    SUBMISSION
    AMPLIFY CHAOS

OK, why not.

It seems to me that Entertainment 42 just dusted off some leftover concepts from the Year Zero ARG and stuck them on here. Hence the 47 page thread of there-must-be-a-new-ARG. It's a cool little piece even without any hidden meanings.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Trent and Atticus are just characters in the simulation as well, then, since they're in wireframe, right? The impression that I'm getting is that they're kind of retroactively incorporating the entire catalog into one overarching clusterfuck of echoes, mirrors, reflections, variations and relatives. A Nine Inch Nails multiverse basically.
    Well, we do know that Trent is in the Year Zero universe as he's being held in prison in Guam. So based on the idea that it was a simulation, Trent is definitely stuck in there. Reminds me of the final lyrics from Happiness in Slavery which were "flesh that's stuck in this big broken machine." You could theoretically tie the NIN catalog into Add Violence which is crazy.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 08-18-2017 at 07:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Well, we do know that Trent is in the Year Zero universe as he's being held in prison in Guam. So based on the idea that it was a simulation, Trent is definitely stuck in there. Reminds me of the final lyrics from Happiness in Slavery which were "flesh that's stuck in this big broken machine." You could theoretically tie the NIN catalog into Add Violence which is crazy.
    (See this thread.) Fred had a thought that Trent retrofit the catalog into the storyline. The concept is chilling and completely plausible.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Just for reference, here's scans of the whole thing.

front cover

serial no.

warning

panel description 1-16

panel description 16-26

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    less than

the lovers

this isn't the place / not anymore

the background world

credits

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    schematic

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Went through the lyrics looking for...I don't know...stuff. Didn't find much, but here's what I got.

A few words/phrases were presented in similar fashions.

In quotes (", not ')
    the sky
    night
    always

Bracketed by one underscore
    GodLike
    singularity
    somebody else
    there
    somehow
    to somebody else
    to wake up

Bracketed by 2 underscores
    a Little Violence
    Full
    better
    always
    forever
    on
    asleep
    eaves

Bracketed by a slash asterisk
    but me
    please don’t leave me here
    if you were here to see

Also, amidst all the gibberish, there is one, loney "S" in the lyrics for "Less Than", after "compliance".
    It's just sitting there.

This has achieved nothing.
    You're welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Am I crazy or is that a Japanese character in the picture on the credits page? Like, on his chest or arm or whatever. Directly right of the zero.
    Last edited by Dandelo; 08-18-2017 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Attempt at clarification

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel special.

ANXIETY
    DEVIANCE
    OVERSTIMULATE

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    aaaaaand still not here. everyone around me (wa, or) has received theirs.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandelo View Post
    Am I crazy or is that a Japanese character in the picture on the credits page? Like, on his chest or arm or whatever. Directly right of the zero.
    I'm seeing that too. Any infected Japanese around here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post

Bracketed by a slash asterisk
    but me
    please don’t leave me here
    if you were here to see
    Just as a side note, that is a very common way to "comment out" something. So if you're writing a note that describes what you are coding or why, or even just writing a stupid joke to another dev, you comment it out. That's what tells the program to ignore those lines and not treat it as code, it is skipped. This way of doing it is very common. Good programming practices will put plenty of comments in to explain what is happening, it helps when more code is being added later, or when it's being debugged.

I think it would have made the most sense to have the "hidden" comments in the Less Than video as the commented out bits, since that seemed to be thoughts of the protagonist or messages even to us. Not actually part of the lyrics. Or the commented out bits could be the lines that we see in these lyric sheets that we do not hear in the music. But instead we have these? Which do appear to be part of the actual lyrics we hear. So I am not sure what to make of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A couple interesting things I noticed from the Firmware notes. Not sure if this is relevant or not.. but I found it funny!

* Spontaneous generation of an SAS from a single SAS has been disabled.

If SAS = a person. They have effectively patched Jesus. No more immaculate conception

* SAS termination now permanent

No more reincarnation, sorry Hindus and Buddhists

* Resolved variable conflict which caused termination event estimation to default to 2k +12

They fixed the rounding issue that the Mayans discovered and were so famous for.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I got my email notification from sandbag on Thursday last week. I guess I'll have to wait until next week...

It looks amazing! I'm happy TR puts the care and effort to do this kind of thing, even if in the end there is no ARG, and no clear explanation about this whole 3EP madness. The fact that he gives us just enough to keep our NIN music craving satisfied and cryptic art that makes us elaborate on theories is fascinating and makes me feel spoiled as a fan.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Do any coders here get any additional meaning from how it's formatted?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just checking youtube to see if there was any interesting videos of people opening the PC. Doesn't seem like any of them are aware of the ties to YZ. I was hoping to find some hidden content by now, but I have found nothing so far.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    Do any coders here get any additional meaning from how it's formatted?
    Very little of it (in fact, practically none of it) is code that would make any sort of sense or compile. It's mostly just a clever way to present the lyrics is all. It essentially uses C++ as its base, what with <Type> casting and -> for pointers, etc. "&&" is the logical "and" operator so you'll see that used throughout to substitute for the word "and." I don't think there's any real significance to it apart from very generalized thematic elements.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I received "Submission" "Empathy" "Anxiety"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    So, maybe I missed something, but has anybody tried reading the Add Violence component while watching the video for This Isn't The Place, and tried to match up what the settings are on the machine and how/if they change during the video?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I completely believe it would tell,a story

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Mine showed up today.....amplify chaos, disorder and deviance. I avoided all spoilers till now. It's pretty cool, very thought out.

Also finally received my NTAE vinyl, great condition, definitely had black powder in it.