Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Hey, just gave my opinion. Learn to cope, man...
    Yeah, but all you seem to do is whine about Manson in this thread. Some of the stuff you posted quite a while back was mildly humorous but now it's completely ridiculous and boring. I don't understand why you feel the need to continuously come to a thread when you've made it clear that you do not like the artist.

It seems all you've done is complain about how much you don't like Manson, how much you think he sucks now, and have even gone so far as to complain about stuff posted in another forum. You do not like Marilyn Manson. Other people do. Learn to cope, man...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Planet of the apes View Post
    @atom Its because it's very obvious that he is a vain prick. Every post about Axl or manson is about their weight or their clothing. It's obvious that he is insecure about things like this, the way people look and dress. Its pretty vain and kindred to what a 15 year old high school kid goes through. Same mentality. Wish he would be banned for good however no matter what he does (and over the years thats ALOT) he seems to be able to stick around.

*chimes in*
    you're so vain
    i bet you think this song is about yoooooouuuuuuu!!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @atom Its because it's very obvious that he is a vain prick. Every post about Axl or manson is about their weight or their clothing. It's obvious that he is insecure about things like this, the way people look and dress. Its pretty vain and kindred to what a 15 year old high school kid goes through. Same mentality. Wish he would be banned for good however no matter what he does (and over the years thats ALOT) he seems to be able to stick around.
    Whereas I will discuss Manson to stay mostly on topic, I find this extremely interesting! Possibly due to the 'over the years thats ALOT' part. Mostly due to the fact that you've been around for 'years'? Not sure of the reasoning behind your post in the Introduction thread less than a year ago:

Hi I'm new, found this site while looking for Dragon Tattoo news. I like this place. Lots of great content. Hopefully the community is friendly as well.
    So what...you're 'new here', or someone that came back from the old ETS, took all of a few days tops to start sending me harrassing PM's accusing me of stalking your girlfriend (though to this day I'm still not entirely certain who you are lol), and then proceeded to literally stalk thread to thread where I post just to throw shitty jabs at me (i.e. the Borderlands thread, Dishonored thread...something about a remark I made about the drummer in my band making me pretentious...because that makes sense)? I'd say go look at the movie thread I started yesterday, but whoops! All your weak posts are gone! What happened? Oh yeah, you simply followed me yet again in to that thread and contributed NOTHING.

So let's put it all behind us shall we? The new ETS is not rife with drama like the old one, I'll be the bigger person and say fuck it. Even though you literally sent me almost 10 random PM's, said that I was mean to you years ago (again even though you blatantly lied and said you're new here...smooth), and can't seem to not post where I do, which is bizarre in a stalker-ish way beyond measure....who cares. I love it here. I love the people here. You disagree with me or I said something that pissed you off? Apologies. Let's move on, your weak attempts at making me look bad are only doing it to yourself.

Back on topic. I wasn't trolling. If you see previous posts of mine, I LOVE old Manson. It's just beyond me how people in their 30's still can't see it for what it is, a gateway band for teenagers. Hell, I was one of them. The guy is still interesting no doubt, but I just don't get wrapped up in the appeal anymore. The guy still has it in him but he has to come up with something new. No disrespect to Hazekiah or whatever. I can cope fine with people disagreeing with me. I'm just lost as to the appeal for people who have grown past their teens and the whole angsty vibe of the guy in question. It's true, nothing's shocking anymore. Maybe that's where MM lost his appeal. In our day and age, once the shock value's gone, there needs to be substance and I feel that MM doesn't have enough to drum up anything worthwhile anymore. Agree or not, I'm cool with that.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming lol.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Murderers & Antichrist in the set... off the set... in the set... suspense! Brixton will be something of a last chance saloon for his London credibility so hopefully we'll get the long set

Its pretty vain and kindred to what a 15 year old high school kid goes through.
    lol... "akin"

"Yes your honour, on the night in question per se
    "

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

lol... "akin"

"Yes your honour, on the night in question per se
    "
    LULZ. Reading is fundamantal. Or at least it should be.

Anyways, I think Sutekh is spot on. The booklets, artwork, videos, etc. were such a big factor in MM's previous work (I know, I know...it's the MUSIC that's most important...but it's awful now) that I too think it's probably a big reason why I feel it's so bland now. Like I said, it was always HIM, but he touched upon so many genres and for a while did it very well. The whole Mechanical Animals booklet with the hidden messages, drug references...hell, in one picture he's sitting on a giant pill like it's a couch. It made you chuckle but it made a point at the same time. He went from sideshow nightmare...to antichrist superstar...to a Bowie-like glammed out space addict...to a vaudevillian ringleader...to just a guy in black leather...repeat...repeat.