Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1664

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Does anyone have an extra ticket holder & envelope with the glossy partial logo that I could buy for a reasonable price?
    I've got a spare one i'd be willing to trade for some NIN merch if you have anything small and cool.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    People lined up for hours and got to share their experiences of buying concert tickets the old way while also being rewarded with two new songs to listen to, exclusive merchandise, and new social experiences. I'd say that was worth it.
    i thought the line up was actually in Red Rocks Park, which wound up being quite serendipitous. We drove around for like two hours looking for the box office. We finally figured out we were in the wrong place, but it was the most stunning environment i've ever experienced. The geological formations are just unreal. We were constantly having to stop so that deer could cross the road. We watched the sun rise over the mountains and it was fucking incredible.

Also, i got off my ass and drove to spend time with my brother and his family in Denver.

These side effects of the Physical World thing were REALLY good for my wife and me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Since Trent wanted to avoid scalpers as best as he could - with the tickets that are currently on StubHub for $400 and beyond, do you think they'll cancel them?
    Do artists, in general, have that power?
    The artist does have that kind of authority. It just depends if they choose to do anything about it. Cat Stevens would not play in New York due to any venue not being able to abide by the policy he has on ticket sales. Radiohead made stub hub pull any listing for their shows in los angeles in 2016, which made anyone trying to sell have to do it on craigslist, and even then the promoter and venue were doing everything they could to make sure resellers werent getting their way. It resulted in a few hundred tickets being cancelled and then sold directly at thw box office the day of each show.

you have to keep in mind, this is Live Nation and they are not as harsh on resellers because they do it themselves. Even the verified fan program has its flaws and still lets resellers buy tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    My impression was that the venues simply ran out of time to buy tickets in person, no? So a small venue like LA would sell out quicker than say Red Rocks. It takes more time to simply do it “the old way”. Venues probably had some say in how long their employees can sit around on a Saturday as well (meaning no OT) for this sale as well.

Just so you know, the box office at the Palladium is normally open from 10am to 2pm on Saturdays. So its not like there wasnt going to be schduled staff anyway to sell tickets. And considering how much money was made over the course of the day, I dont think it mattered one bit if there was any overtime being paid when the venue was making over a million dollars in ticket sales. Also, why wouldnt you pay your employees more to be there on a saturday to do this.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Just so you know, the box office at the Palladium is normally open from 10am to 2pm on Saturdays. So its not like there wasnt going to be schduled staff anyway to sell tickets. And considering how much money was made over the course of the day, I dont think it mattered one bit if there was any overtime being paid when the venue was making over a million dollars in ticket sales. Also, why wouldnt you pay your employees more to be there on a saturday to do this.
    Not sure where you got the $1,000,000 in ticket sales figure - I guess it's feasible if they were selling for four shows and majority of tickets were well over $100 each. But that doesn't factor too deeply into what your box office staff is making. The venue didn't just make a million dollars. Not even close. Speaking of which: why wouldn't they be paid more on a Saturday? Why WOULD they? Unless you're in a certain type of union, most employees - in any business - make the same on Saturday (or Sunday) as they do on a week day. That's shitty job prerequisite 101: "must be able to work nights and weekends".

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    ^^^Thank you.

Theyve got a business to run. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I feel like I'm in the minority saying I didn't enjoy the in-person pre-sale. It played out like every other concert line I've ever been in, which is most likely due to the people around me. But in the end, I guess I'm glad I did it. I knew there was a chance tickets would go on sale online later, but I honestly thought they might sell out at the pre-sale. So I don't regret going and getting tickets in hand with a cool little souvenir. Plus, I was able to avoid TM fees for once which actually made it possible for me to go to the show in the first place. But is the in-person event something I want to do again? Not really.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I just sampled one of the tour's opening acts..... Daniel Avery's Song for Alpha, and I'm definitely going to pick up this album.
    It sounds very Warp '94, as if a long-lost Artificial Intelligence III compilation was finally released.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus View Post
    I just sampled one of the tour's opening acts..... Daniel Avery's Song for Alpha, and I'm definitely going to pick up this album.
    It sounds very Warp '94, as if a long-lost Artificial Intelligence III compilation was finally released.
    Im excited to check out the opening bands...

I loved Tobacco in Bakersfield last year. They were giving me mad Psychic TV vibes.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    What I remember of Factory Floor from their Coachella set a few years back was... interesting? I guess, to be polite. Abstract was probably the best way to describe it. It almost seemed like they were still soundchecking and not really realizing that they were performing for a crowd lol

So I guess I'm intrigued to see what Gabe Gurnsey will be like in Detroit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Odd question.

NIN's posting on their FB is that tix sales would resume tomorrow at 10am local venue times. Yet just got an email from them saying that they resume at 10am PST.

Huh?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhulud View Post
    Odd question.

NIN's posting on their FB is that tix sales would resume tomorrow at 10am local venue times. Yet just got an email from them saying that they resume at 10am PST.

Huh?
    LN and TM are both showing 10am local on sales. I think someone just goofed sending out that email.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    People lined up for hours and got to share their experiences of buying concert tickets the old way while also being rewarded with two new songs to listen to, exclusive merchandise, and new social experiences. I'd say that was worth it.
    I'd agree if it were just a four-hour wait, or maybe five. Nine and a half was a bit much. Especially when they packed up the black box with the new tracks hours before my place in line made it near there.

That said, I'm glad I did it. I just wouldn't do it again, if that makes any sense.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDefacto View Post
    I'd agree if it were just a four-hour wait, or maybe five. Nine and a half was a bit much. Especially when they packed up the black box with the new tracks hours before my place in line made it near there.

That said, I'm glad I did it. I just wouldn't do it again, if that makes any sense.
    I'm right there with you. I wouldn't do it again either. And even though the listening booth was still there when I got my tickets, it took so long in line that I couldn't stick around. I had to leave to get to an appointment, so I couldn't even listen to them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    It wasn't the actual event, but it felt like one. Chatting in line, the anticipation about getting tickets, the surprise exclusive merch etc... I thought this was pretty damn cool.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Please note how the vast majority of people who attended the pre-sale had an excellent time, and most of the folks whining about it didn't even go. Sooooooooo

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Please note how the vast majority of people who attended the pre-sale had an excellent time, and most of the folks whining about it didn't even go. Sooooooooo
    Some of us couldn't go, because the closest show was 6 hours away and we couldn't dedicate 12 hours in driving and another 5-10 hours waiting in line, on top of a hotel room to try and get a $100 concert ticket before scalpers nab up the onsale.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yep. I acknowledge that. I lived in Nebraska for most of my life, so I get that it sucks when bands don't come to your area. And it also takes a pretty big amount of privilege to be able to dedicate this much time and money to buy concert tickets.

I'm more referring to the people who are talking shit about the actual process, even though they did not make an attempt to go. It seems like many people just didn't *want* to put the effort in, so they put down the entire process as dumb, even thought the people who went generally seem to have had a great time.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Re: on line sales time. Go to Live Nation or Ticketmaster or whoever is selling the tickets- there’s a countdown clock in case there’s any confusion.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    My experience was good as well. I was only in line for 5 hours as opposed to 8 or 9 like some people I know. It was kind of a weird feeling at the end like I had just been to a concert, only not. I will say though that I am privileged to live in LA (or not, depending on who you ask), have no disabilities, and have a job that lets me make my own schedule.

There was not one moment during that entire process where I wasn’t aware of how lucky I was to be able to be there.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just found this on YouTube. This proves that we... are the best fans in the world because we will wait hours for this band:

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I would say the overall experience of standing in line 5 1/2 hours for tickets was positive. When we finally got to the ticket window and purchased tickets, I felt like I had earned them! That's not a feeling I usually associate with buying tickets. It was also great to spend time in line with my youngest son (he is an adult) and it will be fantastic to take two of my sons to the concert in October.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Yep. I acknowledge that. I lived in Nebraska for most of my life, so I get that it sucks when bands don't come to your area. And it also takes a pretty big amount of privilege to be able to dedicate this much time and money to buy concert tickets.

I'm more referring to the people who are talking shit about the actual process, even though they did not make an attempt to go. It seems like many people just didn't *want* to put the effort in, so they put down the entire process as dumb, even thought the people who went generally seem to have had a great time.
    1. St. Louis and Chicago are essentially the same area for those of us who don’t mind the drive for the show.
    2. I have the money for tickets.
    3. The process sucks, this is the scalpers dream tour. It shuts out fans who don’t live in the area and forces them to buy the tickets from scalpers in that area if they don’t get any of the few remaining tickets leftover on the online general onsale that does nothing to curb scalpers either.

It hurts and excludes everyone but the people who had 10 hours minimum on a Saturday to line up to buy concert tickets on the basis of “lol real life guys”

Otherwise the ticket envelopes, tshirts and the listening booth was cool from the looks of it.

I hope that listening booth was using vinyl though, the horror of the physical presale using DIGITAL FILES is unbearable for me.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    , even though they did not make an attempt to go. It seems like many people just didn't *want* to put the effort in, so they put down the entire process as dumb, even thought the people who went generally seem to have had a great time.
    Fucking REALLY?...

OK, super duper 2018 NIN fan.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    It seems clear how much one enjoyed the experience directly depended on how much one had to sacrifice to make it happen, and whether or not they were successful at actually getting a ticket. I would've been ok with this thing if I could go with friends, have a nice leisurely time, and basically preparty the whole 8 hours I waited. Sounds like that's what Trent wanted.

Instead I went solo, pushed off a million work things, got delayed going back to work, and then had to get crushed by the increased workload due to the delay. So sure I got my tix, and if there's no other option I may or may not do it again next time, but fuuuuck this physical get in line and sacrifice your entire day bullshit.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Fucking REALLY?...

OK, super duper 2018 NIN fan.
    Which part do you disagree with?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    It seems clear how much one enjoyed the experience directly depended on how much one had to sacrifice to make it happen, and whether or not they were successful at actually getting a ticket. I would've been ok with this thing if I could go with friends, have a nice leisurely time, and basically preparty the whole 8 hours I waited. Sounds like that's what Trent wanted.
    Disagree! I went completely alone and was there for right around 12 hours. Right in the middle of finals week for my very last semester of undergrad. Haha. I was actually doing homework for a couple of hours! But then the rain shit all over my homework parade.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Which part do you disagree with?
    Everything I quoted. People are/we’re too busy and it just didn’t work out for them. Get off your high horse constantly stating how an awesome experience it was for you, when a lot of others would’ve had to have a long drive or fly out for tickets.

For what it’s worth you seem to keep bringing this shit up and not the other way around.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Agreed, and those are not the people I am speaking about, as was already clarified earlier.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Disagree! I went completely alone and was there for right around 12 hours. Right in the middle of finals week for my very last semester of undergrad. Haha. I was actually doing homework for a couple of hours! But then the rain shit all over my homework parade.
    In other words, you sacrificed nothing. I could not bring my work along with me, and basically had to tell all my dogs "hey sorry y'all, but I needed these tickets more than you needed to pee".

Ok, I'll try to stop being salty now.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Agreed, and those are not the people I am speaking about, as was already clarified earlier.

Ahem...

, and most of the folks whining about it didn't even go. Sooooooooo
    EDIT: and BS, you’ve crapped on people who complained about it from the get go.
    Last edited by Krazy; 05-23-2018 at 08:26 PM. Reason: “Crapped”, not rapped