Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
At what point in life are you supposed to have your shit together?

I'm 26 in April and feel like I have nothing organized. Urgh.
i just turned 28. my wife just turned 30.
she hates her job so much that, even though being with me makes her happy, she spends half her time outside of work crying about how miserable she is at work. she's afraid to leave her job because she gets good insurance and makes good money and she would get good maternity leave when we have a baby.
i work for my dad (and have for approximately half of my life, i started working on the weekends as soon as i started high school). i make a lot of money per hour, but our business is just the two of us, and we only get business through word of mouth. sometimes we have weeks where i work 20-30 hours (amazing), sometimes 10-20 hours (perfectly acceptable and enough to sustain me), but sometimes i only get 3 hours in one week, and i have four weeks in a row like that (that's what the entire month of december was).

what i'm saying is that even when you THINK you have it together, you probably don't. no one WANTS to be an adult and have to be responsible, and most people are just pretending they know what they're doing until they figure it out (or die trying). life is kinda stupid and it's a shame that we spend most of it working (unless you have a job you really enjoy) because there are much better things that people could (and should) be doing.