Page 40 of 77 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 2288

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, I caved in and downloaded the 4 leaked tracks and gave them a spin...

and Holy shit are these songs terrible! They make No Reflection sound like "The Beautiful People" wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Gloris View Post
    have I just listened to the same songs you all have been hearing?

they sound totally drab and repetitive to me....christ, even theol was better than this rubbish :s
    I agree with you. I'd rather listen to THEOL over these, that album seemed pretty good after listening to these tracks.
    Holy hell, what the hell are people hearing differently from these songs...

If the rest of the album is like this, I'm starting to wonder if I should even waste my time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Christ it's not that bad

i really dig slo-mo-tion

the others are okay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm just surprised that anyone would or even could think that THEOL is better than what you've heard here. And if you do in fact feel that way your taste are beyond questionable. Go spin EMDM a few more times. Ohhhh and just to put it out there When this does hit the Web someone mail it to me and I will give them the best head ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justinthehomo View Post
    I'm just surprised that anyone would or even could think that THEOL is better than what you've heard here. And if you do in fact feel that way your taste are beyond questionable. Go spin EMDM a few more times. Ohhhh and just to put it out there When this does hit the Web someone mail it to me and I will give them the best head ever.
    I quite liked THEOL. Some very good tracks on it mixed in with a few less that iffy ones.
    It was a very personal album which wouldnt gel with many listeners, but if you were in that target audience, you would have got some good listens out of it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post

If the rest of the album is like this, I'm starting to wonder if I should even waste my time.
    Please don't

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just don't think Manson Pulls off 'Personal' very well. There are far better artist that do that 1000x better.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    This just in!

People are opinionated pricks about the music they like, and even more so about the music they don't like!

Tune in at 11 for more!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justinthehomo View Post
    I just don't think Manson Pulls off 'Personal' very well. There are far better artist that do that 1000x better.
    Fair enough. He does it in a different way to most, and Manson's personal is quite different to most as he doesnt really associate himself with the common man, or even the common musician when he does personal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like Manson is at the top of his game. Trent could learn a thing or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Most people who do the best personal in my opinion lack a penis. Fiona Apple comes to mind. I want to hear about her troubles she puts it poetically and I buy it. Manson moans it, croaks it and it just doesn't sell to me. But I don't care to listen to Fiona Scream about God or society when I have a Manson that does that pretty well.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krogan Warlord View Post
    Looks like Manson is at the top of his game. Trent could learn a thing or two.
    You can't seriously belong to a NIN forum and think this, can you?
    This is the funniest thing I have heard all month, hahahahhaha! Trent can Learn from Manson at this stage of his career, that's a good one!

April fools! right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You can't seriously belong to a NIN forum and think this, can you?This is the funniest thing I have heard all month, hahahahhaha! Trent can Learn from Manson at this stage of his career, that's a good one!April fools! right?
    I don't mean to contribute to the inevitable overhyping that is sure to come from the Manson fans, but you do have to admit that what we've heard so far of Born Villain sounds better than anything that NIN has released since Broken.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krogan Warlord View Post
    I don't mean to contribute to the inevitable overhyping that is sure to come from the Manson fans, but you do have to admit that what we've heard so far of Born Villain sounds better than anything that NIN has released since Broken.
    No way, not at all! To be honest, I find Broken and Pretty Hate Machine as some of Trent's weakest work. I mean, PHM is understandable - it was the late 80s, synth pop was just ending, it was his first record he was young, it was his first experience with writing and recording music, it has some good stuff on it, but it also has some horribly cheesy stuff as well.

Broken, I donno... I never really felt that album that much, it was missing something.

He really hit the nail to the coffin with TDS though, that's when his muscial abilities really started to shine. I would even go as far as saying "The Fragile" is better, but that's personal preference. Some like TDS better, others the Fragile. I'm a fragile kinda guy.

Everything post fragile is, well... not his best stuff, but it's still better than most other artists attempts at making new music these days. Trent's sound has matured as well, which I give him alot of credit for. Manson, what is he doing? He is trying to relive his glory days it seems, and he is doing a good job by horribly butchering his live show and still chasing after young girls to have sex with. Not to mention the endless amount of drugs and alcohol he still does. he is not in good shape, his physical appearance shows that, his interviews show that. At one point this guy used to be the smartest person in the room, now he mumbles and slurs his speech, you don't know if he's acting or if there is really something wrong up there.

I think he works as a recording artist to some extend, but based on these songs, he isn't even trying anymore. Some of it is just useless rambling over the same riff and baseline for 4 minutes.

I personally don't care for Trent's recent soundtrack scoring, or his instrumental music, but to me that's better than nothing. I mean, the man is pushing 50 and he knows he is getting old, he doesn't want to be singing about "fucking you like an animal" anymore, it's kind of embarrasing. I'm almost 30 and I am embarrassed to even be listening to that track at my age, I can't imagine how Trent feels about it.
    His sound has matured with his age, and I think it's for the better. Alot of his fans are probably in their 30s and 40s now as well, maybe even with family's, they don't want to be throwing bottles around and breaking exit singing while blasting "wish" the highest their stereo can handle.

Manson does not get with the times! If anyone needs to take a page out of anyone's book it's Manson (and many other Rock stars of this day and age) to Trent's. He has learned how to function independantly as a musican and still have a following. He has used and embraced technology in his favour. Manson is stuck in his ways and I bet the album never leaked because he would have everyone he knows fired in an instant. I don't think Manson is an easy person to work with, I mean from what I've heard neither is Trent. But Trent just seemed to have become more relaxed over the years... You see him joking on the internet now about stuff like dance party USA and stuff... normal rockstars would have a fit and demand it be taken down, he just laughs it off.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 04-24-2012 at 03:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No way, not at all! To be honest, I find Broken and Pretty Hate Machine as some of Trent's weakest work. I mean, PHM is understandable - it was the late 80s, synth pop was just ending, it was his first record he was young, it was his first experience with writing and recording music, it has some good stuff on it, but it also has some horribly cheesy stuff as well.

Broken, I donno... I never really felt that album that much, it was missing something.

He really hit the nail to the coffin with TDS though, that's when his muscial abilities really started to shine. I would even go as far as saying "The Fragile" is better, but that's personal preference. Some like TDS better, others the Fragile. I'm a fragile kinda guy.

Everything post fragile is, well... not his best stuff, but it's still better than most other artists attempts at making new music these days. Trent's sound has matured as well, which I give him alot of credit for. Manson, what is he doing? He is trying to relive his glory days it seems, and he is doing a good job by horribly butchering his live show and still chasing after young girls to have sex with. Not to mention the endless amount of drugs and alcohol he still does. he is not in good shape, his physical appearance shows that, his interviews show that. At one point this guy used to be the smartest person in the room, now he mumbles and slurs his speech, you don't know if he's acting or if there is really something wrong up there.

I think he works as a recording artist to some extend, but based on these songs, he isn't even trying anymore. Some of it is just useless rambling over the same riff and baseline for 4 minutes.

I personally don't care for Trent's recent soundtrack scoring, or his instrumental music, but to me that's better than nothing. I mean, the man is pushing 50 and he knows he is getting old, he doesn't want to be singing about "fucking you like an animal" anymore, it's kind of embarrasing. I'm almost 30 and I am embarrassed to even be listening to that track at my age, I can't imagine how Trent feels about it.
    His sound has matured with his age, and I think it's for the better. Alot of his fans are probably in their 30s and 40s now as well, maybe even with family's, they don't want to be throwing bottles around and breaking exit singing while blasting "wish" the highest their stereo can handle.

Manson does not get with the times! If anyone needs to take a page out of anyone's book it's Manson (and many other Rock stars of this day and age) to Trent's. He has learned how to function independantly as a musican and still have a following. He has used and embraced technology in his favour. Manson is stuck in his ways and I bet the album never leaked because he would have everyone he knows fired in an instant. I don't think Manson is an easy person to work with, I mean from what I've heard neither is Trent. But Trent just seemed to have become more relaxed over the years... You see him joking on the internet now about stuff like dance party USA and stuff... normal rockstars would have a fit and demand it be taken down, he just laughs it off.
    I couldnt really care less about either musicians lifestyle choices, etc. They live their own lives how they see fit, who am I to judge.
    Manson has continued his old ways simply because it is and has always been a band project with him, and it's something that works well for the band. Trent has always been a loner and sole artist when it comes to NIN, thus making him more likely to indulge in new technologies, etc.
    Both musicians have declined since their glory days, and that'll never come back. I do prefer Manson's later work though compared to anything past the Fragile. Imo, Manson had a different angle/direction to fall back on, where Trent didnt really hit the significance mark as well as he'd and many had hoped with stuff like YZ, etc.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Can we put this shit to rest again thanks?

Fucking trolls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    listening to the 5 tracks again... can't wait to hear this album dude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Me too, well i hope we will get it in few hours. In it's 10.32pm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Why don't all you "hardcore" fans just wait a few days and throw 12 bucks (or whatever) their way to show your support, instead of hoping, wishing, praying that a leak happens soon? I don't even care about this album, but this leak vulture shit is weird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Why don't all you "hardcore" fans just wait a few days and throw 12 bucks (or whatever) their way to show your support, instead of hoping, wishing, praying that a leak happens soon? I don't even care about this album, but this leak vulture shit is weird.
    i always buy his albums... i have everyone of them and almost all singles. i wouldn't consider myself a "hardcore" fan. def a collector simply because his older music was a very large part of my childhood growing up.
    i don't buy many albums these days, but always MM, NIN and KMFDM albums. they just get stored since i carry a digital collection as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After 2 shitty albums I download first and buy later. Plus live he is a joke and I have given him mooooorrre than enough money over time.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    What's weird about it? Some people are excited for new material and want to hear it as soon as possible. Whether I plan on paying for music or not I'll always download an album I want to hear as soon as it leaks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I downloaded The Slip before buying it. Was that wrong of me?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    I downloaded The Slip before buying it. Was that wrong of me?
    C'mon, it was free. I did that, too.

I just wish people didn't feel some sort of entitlement to check out leaks before they buy nowadays, there's always someone uploading it to youtube or an official stream or album samplers for bands like this. This isn't some unknown local band somewhere. People often get leaks and just never get around to buying it, then look at the Soundscan sales and wonder why they're so low. Then the sales dictate how much money goes into tours from labels. All this shit's been said before a million times, I'm just having a bad day so I'm being an asshole about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    P.S. I don't really know if album sales has anything to do with how much money goes into tours, I just pulled that out of my ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think japonese ppl don't like to share things over internet. I remember all shows which Manson did on there, and they even not share any video, pics, infos, or something. It's suck. Of course ppl will buy the album, but we don't want to wait anymore, why not the same release date for everyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think it's funny the people who love to bitch about Manson. I'd like to hear your songs that are so much better than Mansons. Let me judge your work and see if it's good, you're obviously super talented to be able to critique that much and not just leave it alone, listen to something else and let the fans enjoy the music.

I bet a majority of these people criticizing Manson don't even write or produce their own music.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babali View Post
    I think it's funny the people who love to bitch about Manson. I'd like to hear your songs that are so much better than Mansons. Let me judge your work and see if it's good, you're obviously super talented to be able to critique that much and not just leave it alone, listen to something else and let the fans enjoy the music.

I bet a majority of these people criticizing Manson don't even write or produce their own music.
    lets be fair though. I couldn't run a country but I still think George Bush did a pretty shit job. That argument means that you can only hate something if you've done something similar in your life. It's absurd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    lets be fair though. I couldn't run a country but I still think George Bush did a pretty shit job. That argument means that you can only hate something if you've done something similar in your life. It's absurd
    I understand that. Good example, too, but I guess music is a bit different than politics, they actually interfere with your life. If you don't like an album or artist, why go bitch about it in their thread with fans who are excited and talking about how they enjoy the music? You really need to share your negative opinion that badly you feel you need to go dampen the atmosphere of a fan thread? If the songs are really that meaningless to you, just ignore them and listen to your own awesome music or create some yourself. But I see your point and people will continue to bitch, I just don't take anything they say seriously.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I know what you mean. I usually stay as far away as possible from topics on things I don't like. But this forum could be worse. It could be like the IMDB boards