Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Pointless live speculation

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Well, I guess we can close the 'speculation' thread and open an actual tour thread.
    I don't know why my mouse keeps liking and facepalming your posts at the same time. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    I think the cat will be out of the bag once Lollapalooza is announced (mid April?). Although, really, the cat has already been peeking his head out of the bag a few times already
    Hmmm... might be going to Lollapalooza then if more than a few of these rumored bands turn out to be true...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Looks like I will be going to Chicago or Boston then.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    So....
    Who's flying me out?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    ‏@trent_reznor
    HTDA is playing a handful of shows (so far) in addition to Coachella.
    I think they know there will be more shows.

@trent_reznor
    More info on those shows tomorrow. Big news coming next week (for real this time).
    Shit, maybe they aren't waiting until April to drop the NIN tour bomb. Maybe it will be next week. Obviously, they won't announce HTDA will be opening the shows until later on. I can't imagine they would want to negatively effect ticket sales for the HTDA intimate shows.

Of course, they might not be opening for NIN and could just be playing shows around NIN's tour schedule?
    Last edited by somewhat_; 02-20-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    If it is NIN shows, then NIN will be playing in later months, why can't people accept that a band can do a headline tour without going platinum? Hell I've seen bands that have less music released than HTDA playing pretty large venues.

But yeah, kinda bummed that it's all America, but I'm not surprised. At least they're playing at all, so there's room for international gigs.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Looks like I'm Toronto bound!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I'm looking very seriously at the NYC show.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    If it is NIN shows, then NIN will be playing in later months, why can't people accept that a band can do a headline tour without going platinum? Hell I've seen bands that have less music released than HTDA playing pretty large venues.

But yeah, kinda bummed that it's all America, but I'm not surprised. At least they're playing at all, so there's room for international gigs.
    I'm not stating what they can or can't do, I'm simply speculating on what they are planning on doing.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I told my buddy who I went to most of my 14 NIN shows with about the 4/27 show in Boston. He excitedly told his wife about it. As he was telling her, it dawned on him that 4/27 is their 10th wedding anniversary. Oops...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Playing New Jersey on my motherfucking birthday!!! Talk about fate, I'll be there regardless, or NYC is just as good too, but I'm loving it right now, hopefully tix are decently manageable to get

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    You nailed this one on the head. Damn!
    Toronto straight on my birthday! I might make the trip .. who knows.
    Definitely make the trip. Tics are going to be really hard to come by. We get NIN fans from all across ON and the Buffalo area. Always a great show.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    looks like i am nowhere bound for now. c'mon and go down the east coast to south florida!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    Definitely make the trip. Tics are going to be really hard to come by. We get NIN fans from all across ON and the Buffalo area. Always a great show.
    I saw NIN twice in Toronto and once in Ottawa. Might as well go see HDTA. What do you think the venue will be? Kool Haus?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Checked Kool Haus, Guvernment and Sound Academy sites and all have no shows that evening. Will be between Kool Haus and SA, unless they go much smaller or bigger then I assume.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Any chance Trent makes his 20 year awaited debut on SNL or Letterman while they're in New York? (stupid wishful thinking)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Desperate international pointless live specualtion. TV On the Radio are curating All Tomorrows Parties in UK May 10th-12th. More artists to be announced soon. US Tour April,..... maybe 5-8 Europe shows May???? Trent gets on well with TV on the Radio guys they toured with NIN. possibilities??? HTDA would to my mind fit in well at the All Tomorrows Parties festival.
    Cool shows have been announced either way. just fuckin come to uk bitch plz.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I can't believe people actually believe that NIN will be touring and HTDA will be the opening band. Seriously, people?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Here is one venue attached to a date, officially

How To Desroy Angels
    Golden State Theatre - Monterey, CA
    4/17/13

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I can't believe people actually believe that NIN will be touring and HTDA will be the opening band. Seriously, people?
    What about NIN will be touring with some other nonsense crap band that nobody cares about, can we believe that?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Looks like I'm taking a trip to S.F.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I’m saying the “big” news is opening for Depeche Mode.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Montclair, NJ venue is less than a MILE from my front door. I damn near hyperventilated! If it was NIN....I might be in the hospital right now. (I'm 35, and these announcement's instantly turn me 18 again!)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha 60 View Post
    I didn't even think about the big news being opening for another band, it seemed kinda stated to be a NIN tour. Would be cool for them to get a world tour on a piggyback...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Maybe it's both (DP followed by NIN). The blog says "There are some other announcements coming soon that will impact this (HTDA tour dates) as well…"

That would be amazing for them. The timing is certainly right. And they are labelmates.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Pointless live speculation

Hahaha I recall people speculating a tour with DM that turned out to be Jane's Addiction.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    HTDA website has been updated. It now says ticket presale begins Wed 2/27!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It'd be amazing to have How to Destroy Angels tour with Dillinger Escape Plan (they're releasing an album in April). Greg Puciato said that he has been recently inspired by "electronic" music, and y'all remember DEP being special guests during the Wave Goodbye tour...I like to think that the average DEP fan is not the average metal fan, and would be more open to other things. I'm aware that this would be an extreme pairing, but I would be in seventh heaven if it were to happen.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    It'd be amazing to have How to Destroy Angels tour with Dillinger Escape Plan (they're releasing an album in April). Greg Puciato said that he has been recently inspired by "electronic" music, and y'all remember DEP being special guests during the Wave Goodbye tour...I like to think that the average DEP fan is not the average metal fan, and would be more open to other things. I'm aware that this would be an extreme pairing, but I would be in seventh heaven if it were to happen.
    If that happened, then they'd have to do some Error songs

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha 60 View Post
    This would be the best news for me as I already have tickets for DM at the London 02 in May

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Fuckit. I'm leaving my post as DP.