Page 53 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 2239

Thread: Sandbag Watch - NIN and Sandbag part. Livenation picks up the pieces.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I got not 1 but 2 shipping emails for Fragile DE and NTAE vinyl!! Each have separate tracking so I'm assuming they each got sent separately. And the tracking numbers already work! Cleared customs out east meaning both should be here by week's end.

Still no word on my AV bundle.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Sandbag sent me a $17 refund for shipping on my order. I'd originally paid $35 for better shipping, and they shipped it media mail. So that still means they've charged me well over twice what it actually cost to ship.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Hmm, it would make sense that they would be exactly the same otherwise. I guess the Bicycle logo disappeared on pressings after 2015 because Concord Music merged with them and they now use Universal for distribution. But it should be the same in every other respect.
    I know the “UMe” logo was on the original I got in 2010 shortly after it came out. The Bicycle logo came later. For the record, there’s also a Bicycle version of the PHM remaster on CD too. You could be correct about things changing after 2015, although have there been any pressings since then? IIRC, the last things released under Bicycle were the non-remastered 2011 PHM (again identical to the UMe version other than the logos), the Halo I-V boxset, and this PHM remaster (I think in that order), all of which have the Bicycle logo. Has there been anything released since?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The first of my two packages arrived today. Despite pretty minimal packaging, both vinyl inside were in pretty good shape. Broken suffers from the glue issue -- I'm not sure how much blame is on Sandbag for that and how much is manufacturing, and thankfully it only seems to run about 1/3 of the sleeve as opposed to the entire length like I've seen online -- other than that it seems to have only minimal wear and tear, and NTAE actually looks pristine.

Still waiting on TF and TDS, that package hasn't updated since it left NJ two days ago so no clue where it is, but hopefully I'm in the home stretch of having to deal with Sandbag and NIN.com.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Got the confirmation email on August 10.

I received my AV PC today (August 22).

Stoked!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I spent an hour contacting people within the USPS:

So in regards to that email sent out this morning (and my subsequent conversation today with "Kim" who insists that this is all a USPS glitch), I spoke with USPS. They confirmed there is no glitch in the USPS system that would have caused something to be stuck in pre-shipment since the 11th/12th. Per the USPS, if the item is still in pre-shipment, that means that the item was never sent to them. They confirmed that there was some glitches on the web front-end for USPS tracking on the 21st, but that glitch would have had nothing to do with the issues we are having with tracking for Sandbag.

So there you have it. Blatant lying on the part of Sandbag. So at what point do we start getting together to take legal action?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Or a MASSIVE black dildo. In a box with dented corners.
    At this point, the only thing that would make this worth it is if they ship me the third EP by accident. Or just a bag of money. Or a kitten or something.
    Uhhhh I really hope they don't ship you a kitten. With their track record of shipping you would be presented with one very dead little kitten

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I finally got my NTAE today and frankly, I couldn't be happier. The package is gorgeous and it arrived in perfect condition.

However, the tracking # on the package is completely different than the one that sandbag sent me some 12 days ago. It's not even close. When I looked at the history of the number on my package, it had numerous tracking updates for the last week. So yeah, Sandbag fed us all a line of shit. Not to mention, they sent me the original tracking number on the 10th and according to the history of the new tracking, it wasn't even accepted at the facility until the 16th, so they spent nearly a week before sending it.

I am very happy with this release. I am going to hold off on any others for a while to see if Trent puts them up on Amazon or if they find their way into stores (why wouldn't they?) I've got all of the original pressings of the DE's but the completest in me, combined with the impressive packaging of NTAE, makes me want to buy all of these immediately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A few days ago I was feeling like, I know what's coming to me is never going to arrive. And (today) it's all right where it belongs. All in perfect condition, surprising because the packaging should have been much better.

Looking forward (?) to doing this all over again for Year Zero, AWITHA_TEETHA, The Slip and Add Violence.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    FFS Sandbag....

Quote Originally Posted by ShitBag
    Hello there,

Thank you for your email.

We are aware of a system issue at USPS which means that the tracking number we shared with you is not working correctly. The issue has been escalated within USPS and a resolution is being worked upon urgently.

We appreciate that this is very frustrating for you. Please be assured that your parcel is in transit and we are receiving frequent reports that orders are landing safely despite the failure of the USPS tracking system.

Unfortunately, the circumstances are outside of Sandbag’s control but I would like to take the opportunity to reassure you that we will support customers as much as we can until orders have been received.

Kind regards

Nicola Harris

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Trent, if you're lurking:

We want to buy things. We want to give you money. We want to buy more things. We LOVE what you're coming out with.
    We are fearful that we will never get things (either at all, or not massively damaged). Sandbag just is not working out. I'm sorry, it sucks, you shouldn't have to change merch providers every few months.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Did literally everybody with an outstanding order or shipment of some form get that ridiculous form email? Holy shit

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I received everything that I ordered, and got the email. They are more than welcome to send me stuff again, though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    FFS Sandbag....
    Which as I mentioned in another post, is a total lie according to the USPS.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I just find it so weird that I got a shipping update for my Broken/NTAE/TDS/TF records shipping together last week, and that hasn't changed, but then didn't get any notification for the Add Violence bundle stuff and it showed up in the mailbox today.

What a wonky process this is.

Also, love the email immediately addressing an issue Sandbag customers are having with USPS. Seemingly very quick to address problems that USPS has, but none of their own. : )))))))

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I just filed a complaint with PayPal.

I want my money back.

fuck this.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This is a long and winding thread, did any one else only get SOME of what they ordered? I ordered TF, TDS, Broken, NTAE and the Deviations. So far have only received Deviations and broken?

Is this a common sort of thing right now?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    This is a long and winding thread, did any one else only get SOME of what they ordered? I ordered TF, TDS, Broken, NTAE and the Deviations. So far have only received Deviations and broken?

Is this a common sort of thing right now?
    It seems totally random and at best I'd assume whether or not you made one single order last December or several impacts it, but who the fuck even knows? They certainly don't.

After almost two months since being told I'll get a Deviations replacement sleeve "in a few days" I sent one grumpy email and immediately got a tracking number through DHL On Demand Delivery and a promise of a full replacement copy with shipping that according to tracking will only take 2 days. Meaning I might end up getting a completely new copy altogether, along with a TDS replacement bundled with it (they didn't even ask for pics of TDS's damage). We'll see when it gets here, but if they weren't lying, then it means they have full capability of sending things out with full info and speed and simply don't.

There is utterly no way I am buying anything from that website outside of the third Physical Component on the simple basis that it won't be available anywhere else and I have the first two already, and it really, really irritates me because I want to give @teitan and friends my money but I want to know I'm actually getting what my money pays for when it's promised and in new and functioning condition. I have yet to have a single experience of buying anything through their store without running into repeated problems and I have never in my life had so many consistently terrible times trying to buy something from a band's website before. It drives me absolutely nuts. The Fragile on vinyl is something I've wanted for years but I refuse to deal with Sandbag to buy it. I'd love to spin Broken but I don't want a sleeve that's already ruined when I buy it. It should not be this hard.

I don't care whose fault it is -- blame it on sandbag or manufacturing or quality control or Santa Claus, all I know is it shouldn't be happening so consistently for people. A full reissue of NIN's catalog on vinyl was a dream of mine for ages and yet it has somehow turned into this mutually abusive nightmare of the consumerist process at its worst. To have what is otherwise an amazing year for this band marred by this constant and endless bullshit and all the while we get zero word from anyone involved in the band about it is a serious shame. I was all aboard the mission statement and am all for reemphasizing the physical world, but to try and show people the value of physical works by poorly, haphazardly and randomly sending out damaged, defective and unreliable packages only makes digital more appealing to people. Do it right or don't bother, and don't advertise "meticulous" attention to detail and send out stuff in this condition.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 08-23-2017 at 01:02 AM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So this showed up today...

DAMAGED....AGAIN.....

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    So this showed up today...

DAMAGED....AGAIN.....

Mine arrived in the exact same condition. For your sanity I hope you could live with it this time. I made peace with mine.
    If you're still mad at them open a ticket, attach this picture and just write 'fuck you'
    Last edited by Lerxto; 08-23-2017 at 04:11 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Yeah, when my second one came with what I would call a pressure bend (rather than the crushed corners issue) I just kinda gave up and said to myself "this is probably the best condition you'll ever get this thing in..."
    Which is honestly the only reason I haven't ordered at the very least a copy of TDS and TF (though I would love to grab Broken and PHM too). Like, I really want to buy these. This is the best time to fill in my vinyl collection. But with as hard as it was to get a "decent enough" condition Deviations after dealing with Sandbag over and over and over again, I just can't bring myself to hit "checkout". That 20% off coupon will probably never get used because in the end they're not worth dealing with.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Yeah, when my second one came with what I would call a pressure bend (rather than the crushed corners issue) I just kinda gave up and said to myself "this is probably the best condition you'll ever get this thing in..."
    Which is honestly the only reason I haven't ordered at the very least a copy of TDS and TF (though I would love to grab Broken and PHM too). Like, I really want to buy these. This is the best time to fill in my vinyl collection. But with as hard as it was to get a "decent enough" condition Deviations after dealing with Sandbag over and over and over again, I just can't bring myself to hit "checkout". That 20% off coupon will probably never get used because in the end they're not worth dealing with.
    The same thin(ish) card seems to be being used on all the sleeves. It is part of the problem. The shipping materials are completely inadequate for such delicate sleeves. Broken DE has same thickness (or is it thinness) of sleeve card. I'm expecting TDS and TF to be the same thickness too.
    There has been f ups on multiple levels here. Special packaging was definitely required to preserve these LP's & covers. The sleeves are so thin that you'd be hard pressed to buy a copy at a gig and preserve its mint status until you got home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Received my Deviations vinyl and as for many of you, the edges are crushed and the vinyl already presses through the front of the sleeve.

This thread alone sadly discourages me to even do something about it and contact them. I guess I'll just accept what I got.

Too bad, it's really not what I'm used to from NIN/Trent, and I'm not really blaming him.

Also, when we received the download links, the email was all kinds of confusing. Not sure how hard it can be to make this a more customer-friendly experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've just received 2 packages in the UK (delivered by Yodel) & thankfully they were undamaged. NTAE on it's own was sufficiently packaged, but Broken, Downward Spiral & Fragile were stuffed together in exactly the same size packaging as NTAE was on it's own (literally no extra packaging materials). They made it here OK but I'm not sure how they'd cope with being in a delivery van all day if I was nearer the end of the delivery route.

As others have previously suggested there was no sign of the NTAE physical component though. Let's see how long it takes for a Sandbag response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So far I've been waiting 3 days for a reply. Hit them up on twitter multiple times. No way am I purchasing anything through this company again. I may as well burn my money.
    Last edited by okhrana; 08-23-2017 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, just checked my shipping and for those of you who are just in, Ive been waiting since 8/12/17. (Like many others). On 8/23/17 12:46am, Accepted at USPS Origin Facility.
    This is after 11 days of a "USPS System Glitch" Fucking liars. I ship media out 6 days a week in bulk (100 a day average) and NEVER had this issue and my local Post Office hates me. They do everything in their way to foul up my life. Aside from that, Since the 12th, Ive ordered 20 pieces from all over the country and received almost all of them media mail, including 1 from Alaska (to me in Florida).

So, December 2016, I paid 56$ Shipping for NTAE, Fragile, Deviations, & Before the Flood. All sent media mail in shitty packing. Broken into (assuming NTAE and The Fragile are together) 4 Packages. That's 40$ profit from my shipping. I wish that 40$ was applied to the workers salaries and not Sandbag's profit. $4 media mail gets to me records within a week typically from ebay sellers

I love NIN/Scores/HtDA, and I would never tell Trent Reznor what to do, I'm sure he is wiser through his years in how to run a business, however, 2 clusterfucks in distribution, I hope the next set of preorders get transferred to merchbot or whoever handles Dave Matthews Band, both of those companies have been great to deal with. Or, just release them through normal channels and move volume versus moving less with more profit. I would much rather drive the 67 miles to my closest record store, pay 10$ in tolls, and support an indie shop than have this headache again. If Trent is listening/reading, stay away from Screen Archives Entertainment, they distribute CDs/movies, and "pride themselves in quality" but their staff is minimal and RUDE, they accept to responsibility on their end, and are liars.

Good luck to all of us in getting our firebrand orders and correcting damages done or fouled up AV packages.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    After waiting 8 months to the day (pre-ordered Dec 23), I received my package, only to find out the order is incomplete, the Not The Actual Events EP Physical Component is missing.

Fuck this, seriously. Especially since the answer to my previous complaint (in May) was, that all the orders are shipped out at one time and that my order contained a pre-order. Which was fucking nonsense in the first place, since shipping for the Physical Component was free anyway, so they could have just sent it individually. A friend of mine received his Physical Component a long ass time ago and ordered it way after me. Way to fuck the hardcore idiot fans who ordered both versions.

At least only one of the vinyl corners is damaged, I see some of you guys were less lucky in that department.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Supposedly my stickers and the like are coming tomorrow, haven't heard shit about my records.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This thread is the closest thing to a support group I have ever been a part of.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by izo View Post
    This thread is the closest thing to a support group I have ever been a part of.
    I lol'd