Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Homeland

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Awesome. Should be interesting. First time it will be a whole new story, pretty much.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Kind of has to now, doesn't it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ^^^Hah.. definitely does. I wonder if they will bring in another new face in between the season. I really do not know what to think of this yet. It lost some steam in the third season, and we all know who is gone so I am very skeptical how this is going to go.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    What would have been interesting is if Brody was still alive and instead Abu Nazir or whatever his name is or his followers ended up going after his family, could you imagine if he lost his family how his priorities would've changed and maybe he'd undergo an operation for some cold hard revenge. It at least would have eliminated the eventual lame story lines with Dana that we had to suffer through in season 3. Yep it definitely would have been better had the family been killed off instead of Brody imo and to be honest i could never really see the big deal with Claire Danes and her "Carrie" character throughout the run of the show, her over hammed tantrums and psychotic acting always irritated me and i don't why it's her that's been getting all the praise, hell the only person on this show that was acting circles around anyone would have been Mandy Patinkin, at least he's still going to be around. Saul Berenson ftw!

I was sure i was done with this show before, at the moment I'm kinda on the fence though... we'll see i guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been back and forth, but firmly back right now. We will see for how long. My son is utterly obssessed. We have been redecorating his room recently, and he has demanded khaki wall paper, and and an army bedspread. We got some cheap bed frames from Zen Bedrooms and he has darped over it that netting they used to in Vietnam!? And now he just lies in it all weekend watching old Homeland episodes interspersed with Heart of Darkness!
    Last edited by LouLou; 07-25-2014 at 03:07 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Homeland

I watched the first two episodes the other day. It's fine. Carrie is still without a soul.

I like the NYT blog. Spoiler alert

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-turned-evil/?
    Last edited by Dra508; 10-13-2014 at 09:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Whomever did the baby casting is a freaking genius, I totally buy that kid as Brody's.

This season hasn't grabbed me yet, I hope that once the band gets back together or somebody steps up to fill Brody's (and family) screen time, that things will pick up a bit.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Ew. That makeout scene has to be one of the most awkward and gross things I've ever seen. This show continues it's downward descent (heh, had to avoid 'downward spiral' there). Once again I can't figure out why I'm still watching.

When does The Americans start up again?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    Ew. That makeout scene has to be one of the most awkward and gross things I've ever seen. This show continues it's downward descent (heh, had to avoid 'downward spiral' there). Once again I can't figure out why I'm still watching.

When does The Americans start up again?
    I really don't have a problem with Carrie doing everything, ethically or cringeworthy, to get her way. What she perceives as what is right. Character wise, I think we all might be bothered if it was Saul who made some of these choices.

I agree the show has run its course. Two seasons would have been enough. Like an extended mini series.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm having a hard time putting my finger on what exactly bothers me about it so much. I don't think it's even a character thing so much as it just seems like godawful writing. I'd say cheap, but it seems an inadequate.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    I'm having a hard time putting my finger on what exactly bothers me about it so much. I don't think it's even a character thing so much as it just seems like godawful writing. I'd say cheap, but it seems an inadequate.
    I thought it made sense. She needs him under her complete control and he is vulnerable as fuck. She has no ethics in general, which I think this season has started to explore a lot (finally). I knew she was going to do that as soon as she found out about him as a power play, especially after she told the girl who works for her that touching his shoulder and stuff would make him more compliant.
    Last edited by littlemonkey613; 10-22-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Homeland

Ironic that Quinn becomes the moral compass of this show. Wasn't he introduced as CIA assassin? I will say, he does put on one of the better American accents.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    i'm on season 3. i'm ready to fucking kick Clair danes in the fucking face. all she does is cry, literally she has cried in every single goddamn episode.
    at this point i'm so far in there's no point in stopping but honestly i wish i never started.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    i'm on season 3. i'm ready to fucking kick Clair danes in the fucking face. all she does is cry, literally she has cried in every single goddamn episode.
    at this point i'm so far in there's no point in stopping but honestly i wish i never started.
    Keep plugging along. This season all Carrie wants to do is fuck and kill.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Mind meld.......

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Pretty crazy cliffhanger/twist at the end of the most recent episode. I'm not 100% sure what to think, but it has been the most entertaining season since season 1 for sure.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Another great, suspenseful episode, sets up the last 2 episodes nicely. Goddamnit, Claire Danes can act.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Homeland

Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Another great, suspenseful episode, sets up the last 2 episodes nicely. Goddamnit, Claire Danes can act.
    No the ambassador handing a belt to her husband can act.

Great episode. Looking forward to Sunday.
    Last edited by Dra508; 12-11-2014 at 09:43 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I haven't watched this latest season at all and i doubt that I'm going to but i heard Spoiler: Fara got killed off, that's super shitty

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I haven't watched this latest season at all and i doubt that I'm going to but i heard Spoiler: Fara got killed off, that's super shitty
    I can confirm your spoiler. I agree

This has been by far the best season of the show since the first. It's gone a little more 24ish, but I'll take that over the Brody Bunch anytime.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I'm so confused by this week's last scene.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Yeah, I had to go to reddit to find out who it was, and what it might mean.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Yeah, I had to go to reddit to find out who it was, and what it might mean.
    Oh, I knew who it was! Good job cliffhanging the episode with me saying to myself "what the fuck is he doing in that car?"

I gotta say, the writing is so up and down per episode. Isn't there someone who works on continuity? Carrie is rogue, Carrie isn't rogue. Quinn kills as he is told, Quinn wants to quit, Quinn is boring, Quinn goes rogue, Quinn has morals. Make up your freaking mind.

I want Saul back

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Apparently, the interweb is getting their panties in a bunch because of the finale was home, please. It was fine,

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Wait..... what happened to Saul? they kill off yet another of the only good characters on this freaking show?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    No. Saul is fine.

As for what else is being said: These are complicated characters. As Quinn's ex mentioned, Quinn goes through phases of trying or at least longing to quit in order to maintain a sense that he's a good guy at the end of the day. But in reality, it's all he knows and he goes right back to it - much like an addict.

The guy in the back of the car, should have been quite evident to any longtime fan of the show. What it means? Regardless of what Dar says was the reason for his being there, the show is clearly giving him a more villainous role in the next season. When Quinn finds out he's going to flip his lid. As for Saul and Carries the tables are turning yet again. Dar as Saul in his corner, because like Quinn this is all Saul knows or wants to do. This season spoke to how miserable Saul's life has become, and he's now chomping at the bit, even making deals with the devil to get back where he wants to be.

Though the finale was strange for Carrie, in that she's now confronted and clearly occupied with a number of personal issues. But I think dealing with these issues, will allow the other developments in CIA and beyond to fester and grow into a formidable storyline which will cause Carrie to return to the fold.. Most likely by smacking her in the face.

I think the adversaries set up in this season were strong. We didn't get so the ISI woman throw down with Carrie per se, but we did get to see her towering over her on television while Carrie was completely out of the picture. The new ally in the ISI was cool, and the head terrorist in Islamabad wasn't one dimensional. As Dar said, they're looking at grooming him for political power of the region. I have a feeling they'll all be back.
    Last edited by LOVEANDZOMBIES; 12-24-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    ^^^Excellent assessment of the season @LOVEANDZOMBIES . I think Saul was essentially blackmailed by Dar. Saul will get his power back, but now Dar will call all the shots. Maybe I missed something from previous seasons, but why doesn't DAR just go for the top job? Is the THAT spooky?

I do like how they wrapped Quinn's character development up. I agree with you about his feeling unable to quit on his own. He tried to "recruit" Carrie, but I think he figured out THAT wasn't going to work... Overall, a quiet end to a really violent season, but more open roads for just about all the main characters. Though, I'm not sure why Saul or Dar would want Carrie hanging around. She is the proverbial wild card.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    This season, I really didn't know what the expect after getting off the Brody story line and the show going in a new direction, but they really pulled it off. There was a lot going on, and it really kept you at the edge of your seat wanting the next episode as the last one ended (At least that is how I felt). After coming off such an extreme last couple of episodes, it was kind of erie for the characters to be back in regular life for a bit and it sure felt weird to me. Seeing Lockhart sitting down toasting was a bit odd I must say, but the way it ended... it somehow balanced everything out to set the story up for season 5. Season 3 was just very frustrating.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    When they revealed why her mom had left them and what kind of behavior she had while she was married, I couldn't help but to think: "Well, that explains a lot."

I hope not to sound excessively sexist, but you know what I mean.

I don't know what to think about this season, the finale confused me, it seems like if the bad guys just won and Saul just betrayed himself and Carrie and all the people who died in Pakistan, I didn't understand it when they did something similar in season 3, but it was ultimately revealed that he was just pretending because they had a plan, however here he was decided to die before letting the terrorists win and now it seems like if he is going to accept a deal with the terrorists just to get his job at the CIA back, I just don't understand it.

Also, Quinn seems to be too impatient just for the drama, Carrie just asked him to wait a few days, if he really wanted to quit his job he could have waited, I know it has been said during the season that he has talked about quitting many times and he always returns, but it seems like if this time everything was just too rushed for the shake of the plot, he just kissed her and in a matter of hours she has to leave her whole life behind and run to his arms or otherwise he just leaves in a last minute convenient for the plot surprise suicide mission.

Also, the people of Pakistan seemed to be really pissed with the description of their country during this season, specially Islamabad, that seems to be very different to how it was portrayed in the show (I know something similar happened with other countries in past seasons), but after the recent terrorist attacks where so many kids were killed, I can't imagine how mad they can be when in this show they are protrayed as terrorist collaborators.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Pe...chool_massacre

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Finally got around to watching season 4. Much better than even this apologist for the show was expecting.