Page 26 of 147 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    the Europe
    I'm not one to bitch about internet grammar but I'd be lying if I said my eye didn't twitch at the sight of this

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Every British person I know despises Trump and wished for Hillary.
    Your obviously in a bubble........ most people in the UK are jealous of the U.S...they want the strongman.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I don't think that Bannon is really a Leninist; he's far too Christian to be a Leninist.
    Well, who knows what he actually believes... given that he said "Darkness is good. Dick Cheney, Darth Vader, Satan, that's power. It only helps us when they get it wrong... when they're blind to who we are and what we're doing."

From a British point of view Trump would have been better than dated Robot Clinton. It just a fact
    That's an alternative fact, so whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Man, that's the first time I've actually watched Conway and I'm struck by the fact that she doesn't even BEGIN to sound sincere
    That's because she is 100%, blatantly full of shit. The press needs to stop even bothering to talk to her. I don't understand how we're living in a world where we have to interface with Trump's mouthpiece when we have documented evidence of her sincere opinions before she put on her current mask

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Why are there no protests when the Saudi Arabian King visits the UK.

but the second Trump wants to do a state visit to the UK there are 1.4 million votes against.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Your obviously in a bubble........ most people in the UK are jealous of the U.S...they want the strongman.

I don't. And I don't even know Slavetothewage so I can't be in that bubble.

Unless there's like a million little bubbles

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Why are there no protests when the Saudi Arabian King visits the UK.

but the second Trump wants to do a state visit to the UK there are 1.4 million votes against.
    Because you're wrong about how the overwhelming majority of people in the UK love him? It's ironic that you're accusing other people of existing in a bubble.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'm not one to bitch about internet grammar but I'd be lying if I said my eye didn't twitch at the sight of this

I had to go through his posts to get the relevant quotes. It was genuinely painful.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Spicer takes the "All lives matter" approach to the Holocaust

This is so insane. "The president went out of his way to recognize the Holocaust."

Absolutely unreal...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Spicer takes the "All lives matter" approach to the Holocaust

This is so insane. "The president went out of his way to recognize the Holocaust."

Absolutely unreal...
    And to make sure that America never forgets what so many people went through, whether they were Jews or gypsies, gays, disability.
    Why does it sound like he's just shouting out buzzwords at the end? 'Disability' indeed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yup, that's the one. First facepalm. Thank you.

You don't speak for "most people in the UK". You can barely manage to speak for yourself. Think whatever deranged crap you like. Just don't smear your shit over the rest of us.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    hmm should we start banning white christians? http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/01/3...ikes-facebook/
    -louie

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Trump just got rid of the acting attorney general with an insanely childish press release. This week has been unbelievable.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Given the social unrest, is there realistically any chance this clown gets impeached, or are we seriously stuck with this for the next four years?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Given the social unrest, is there realistically any chance this clown gets impeached, or are we seriously stuck with this for the next four years?
    I'm sure we are stuck and fucked.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Trump just got rid of the acting attorney general with an insanely childish press release. This week has been unbelievable.
    Unbelievable is the correct word... unprecedented, insane, childish, pithy, totalitarian bullshit. That viral article making the rounds about how this is a sort of coup is seeming more and more on the money. He's tentatively dipping his feet into unconstitutional waters to gauge the effectiveness of the resistance. It's a strategic move against our checks and balances.

You're going to need the Republicans to get on board, and it's looking more and more like they're not going to.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Seems like unless the entire Republican party gets wiped out, you're stuck.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    His Twitter feed ... Jesus, that guy is awful.
    Remember when he sued a guy who called him a cocaine addict on Twitter? And then the guy died and Woods said he hoped the guy died "screaming my name," and added "Libel me, I'll sue you. If you die, I'll follow you to the bowels of Hell."

I think I read that he's continuing the $10m lawsuit against the guy's family. Don't quote me on that last part though.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    It'll probably take corroboration of a dossier allegation. Could happen.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so, what do you guys think of this rogue Twitter POTUS staff account? I don't know... it seems too easy to spoof this sort of thing to be real, but they're reporting that an executive order is being drafted regarding LGBT rights, especially with regards to adoption.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I guess he can't really fire her at this point because the Government cannot function without an Attorney General and Sessions hasn't been confirmed, yet.

See this.

Mr. Trump has the authority to fire Ms. Yates, but as the top Senate-confirmed official at the Justice Department, she is the only one authorized to sign foreign surveillance warrants, an essential function at the department.

“For as long as I am the acting attorney general, the Department of Justice will not present arguments in defense of the executive order, unless and until I become convinced that it is appropriate to do so,” she wrote.
    Under State Department rules, it is forbidden to retaliate against any employee who follows the procedures and submits a dissent memorandum. One of the signatories, in a text message, said State Department signatories were trying to figure out what to do.
    The decision by the acting attorney general is a remarkable rebuke by a government official to a sitting president that recalls the dramatic “Saturday Night Massacre” in 1973, when President Richard M. Nixon fired his attorney general and deputy attorney general for refusing to dismiss the special prosecutor in the Watergate case.

That case prompted a constitutional crisis that ended when Robert Bork, the solicitor general, acceded to Mr. Nixon’s order and fired Archibald Cox, the special prosecutor.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-30-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    @allegro She has already been replaced.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Remember when he sued a guy who called him a cocaine addict on Twitter? And then the guy died and Woods said he hoped the guy died "screaming my name," and added "Libel me, I'll sue you. If you die, I'll follow you to the bowels of Hell."

I think I read that he's continuing the $10m lawsuit against the guy's family. Don't quote me on that last part though.
    No, omg, I didn't know anything about that. Christ, Woods is a psychopath.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    That's because she is 100%, blatantly full of shit. The press needs to stop even bothering to talk to her. I don't understand how we're living in a world where we have to interface with Trump's mouthpiece when we have documented evidence of her sincere opinions before she put on her current mask
    it's true, the press keeps talking to her and they should COMPLETELY IGNORE HERE. The ONLY reason they are talking to her is ... and I really hate saying this .. because she's a blonde female and the press is milking that whole bullshit Ann Coulter chick thing.

I'm all for women being in powerful positions and being interviewed, but this chick ain't it. She's a tool. She isn't even a decision-maker, or a true press rep. JUST STOP TALKING TO HER, YOU BUNCHA FUCKING PERVERTS.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @allegro She has already been replaced.
    The Senate has to confirm anybody who signs surveillance warrants, etc., and nobody has confirmed anybody on the Trump team, yet.

I don't know that this guy has that authority.

Wow, Trump has ventured into epic Nixonian territory, now.

Hold on to your seats, folks, we are actually gonna witness some history with Trump. Like, "I am not a crook" history.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-30-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro
    With who?
    Someone named Dana J Boente will sit in until Sessions is confirmed

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Absolute chaos. Not hitting Saudi with the ban despite their consistent funding of wahhabi groups and madrassas worldwide - coupled with trumps business interests there, shows he is not actually a right wing securocrat but just chucking red meat to the crowd whilst looking after his own pocket.

If you still believe in this guy as he NEGLECTS to get tough with them, then congrats - you have bought into a cult of personality

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Absolute chaos. Not hitting Saudi with the ban despite their consistent funding of wahhabi groups and madrassas worldwide - coupled with trumps business interests there, shows he is not actually a right wing securocrat but just chucking red meat to the crowd whilst looking after his own pocket.

If you still believe in this guy as he NEGLECTS to get tough with them, then congrats - you have bought into a cult of personality
    Obama's administration created this "list" that contains the 7 countries (updated from the Bush era), and if you read the U.S. Code and the INA that references the list (I linked on a prior page), you see that the list isn't related to IMMIGRATION, at all. It's a list that is related to commerce and trade. The list isn't a list of terrorist-funded countries, it's a rather stupid arbitrary list based on arbitrary criteria.

If he really wanted a real "terror threat" list, it would have also included fucking AFGHANISTAN and PAKISTAN.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-30-2017 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The lack of institutional knowledge is showing. If Trump had waited a week until Sessions had been confirmed, he wouldn't have had to fire the attorney general. If Trump had announced the EO a week before it went into effect, the different agencies and airlines would have known what to do (though this would have also given the ACLU plenty of time to line up an excellent test case). The Democrats in the Senate might have even continued to rubber stamp his cabinet.

Trump also has some bad blood with the Senate Republicans since Spicer said that they were consulted prior to Trump signing the EO. They weren't.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    This week
    Except, in the U.S., Trump lost the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes. He won on a technicality (our Electoral College) based on strategy, plus all the fallout from the gutting of the Voters Rights Act where black voters' votes are being suppressed. He didn't win by a populace landslide. He still doesn't represent the opinion of the majority of voters in this country.
    Last week
    The popular vote is a moot point

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    About fucking time Democrats grow a backbone:
    https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls/s...22996330987522

P.S. Is there a way to embed tweets here on ETS?