Thread: The Defiant Ones (2016)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Part 3 is probably my favorite part of the whole thing so far, but not without some reservations. You really want me to believe that Jimmy locked himself in his bathroom every day for a year trying to coax NIN off TVT, and that smarmy douche Steve Gottleib just eventually handed over Trent's contract to Interscope? Get real. I get that the guy is a workaholic and is very driven, but that would never happen in reality.

Speaking of smarmy douches, Puff Diddy makes my skin crawl and watching his ego practically fill the room he's being interviewed in just makes me want to smack him upside his big goofy head a couple dozen times.

On a more positive note, that intense montage of NIN, Manson and Tupac is fantastic, and the way they get in-depth about the whole East Coast – West Coast feud is killer, too..

I miss the 90s so much. Best decade ever, on so many different levels.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Part 3 is probably my favorite part of the whole thing so far, but not without some reservations. You really want me to believe that Jimmy locked himself in his bathroom every day for a year trying to coax NIN off TVT, and that smarmy douche Steve Gottleib just eventually handed over Trent's contract to Interscope? Get real. I get that the guy is a workaholic and is very driven, but that would never happen in reality.

Speaking of smarmy douches, Puff Diddy makes my skin crawl and watching his ego practically fill the room he's being interviewed in just makes me want to smack him upside his big goofy head a couple dozen times.

On a more positive note, that intense montage of NIN, Manson and Tupac is fantastic, and the way they get in-depth about the whole East Coast – West Coast feud is killer, too..

I miss the 90s so much. Best decade ever, on so many different levels.
    Same here. I saw it last night as Gottlieb looks like more of a fucking douche than he ever was. I think that story about Jimmy Iovine locking himself in the bathroom to try and get Trent to Interscope I think is really just an exaggeration.

Yeah, Poo Doody is full of himself and I would so love to go to one of his parties and piss on his fucking tower of champagne.

Yes, the stuff about NIN, Manson, Dre, Snoop, 2Pac. Man, those were fucking good times. That was the kind of shit my parents didn't want me to listen to. Nowadays. Whoa... they're like "and we thought what you were listening to was bad but this... puta-madre".