Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    I thought the tone of the film was well done. Spiderman was a smart ass: as he should be. The actor brings more of an edge to the character than the other guy did a few years ago. Because although Peter Parker is kind of a nerd, he also gets a dose of confidence and cockiness from his new powers. The portrayal of Peter Parker in previous films was a bit goody two-shoes. The action sequences are like a comic book, but a bit grittier than previous Spiderman films, which is good. Lots of laughs. Just a pleasant experience and a fun movie. Worth watching.
    Agree with you fully on this. There is a more edgy side to him this time around, and the action sequences I loved. The part when he dodges the bullets had me out of my seat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Finally watched this last night and liked it, completely different feel from the other movies. Besides the Lizard kind of looking like shit this was pretty awesome, the action scenes were bad ass. I fucking hate spiders so that scene in the spider room made my skin crawl. I bought the 3D blu-ray combo pack and I gotta say the 3D was kind of shitty, will probably be watching this in 2D from now on.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Interesting news.. Jamie Foxx as Electro?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/...g-spider-man-2

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    And so continues the studio's stubborn refusal to include the eddie brock story...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    And so continues the studio's stubborn refusal to include the eddie brock story...
    For real. Maybe they think it is too early since it was horribly done in Spidey 3, but shouldn't that give them more motivation to shit on that version and make a much better one? But it is also great to see some villains we haven't seen on the big screen yet.

I would cream if they went and did a symbiote story line.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    For real. Maybe they think it is too early since it was horribly done in Spidey 3, but shouldn't that give them more motivation to shit on that version and make a much better one? But it is also great to see some villains we haven't seen on the big screen yet.

I would cream if they went and did a symbiote story line.
    It's too early, regardless... Eddie Brock/Venom didn't show up until later in Peter's career. It seems that Webb is focusing on the early Spider-Man stories that casual fans might not know about; hence why Gwen Stacy is the love interest and Mary-Jane is not yet involved. I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Vulture became involved in the third installment.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 12-04-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    It's too early, regardless... Eddie Brock/Venom didn't show up until later in Peter's career. It seems that Webb is focusing on the early Spider-Man stories that casual fans might not know about; hence why Gwen Stacy is the love interest and Mary-Jane is not yet involved. I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Vulture became involved in the third installment.
    Yea I get ya. I really hope they go one with the stories and make a series of movies that lead up to Brock coming into the scene. There were talks about Vulture already being in this or the next film like you said, but I would take any of the villains that have been mentioned so far.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    carnage? Never going to happen

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Yea I get ya. I really hope they go one with the stories and make a series of movies that lead up to Brock coming into the scene. There were talks about Vulture already being in this or the next film like you said, but I would take any of the villains that have been mentioned so far.
    Spiderman is a money making franchise.I'd love to see them expand the universe a bit. maybe have the black costume story in a 3rd spider flick, setting up Brock, followed by a Venom movie where he can be the hero and carnage could be the bad guy, spidey making a cameo in the third act to help defeat carnage together.

I'm a dreamer...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    Spiderman is a money making franchise.I'd love to see them expand the universe a bit. maybe have the black costume story in a 3rd spider flick, setting up Brock, followed by a Venom movie where he can be the hero and carnage could be the bad guy, spidey making a cameo in the third act to help defeat carnage together.

I'm a dreamer...
    I would love if they would incorporate Spidey like they have done with The Avengers and linking other super-hero movies to him as well. They need to start getting more clever. But hey, I can dream too

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Dane DeHann cast as Harry Osborn.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_..._harry_osborn/

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Paul Giamatti cast to play Rhino?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/noob...inds_new_life/

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Man, they keep surprising me with their casting choices. Foxx and Giamatti are gonna be so much fun.

EDIT: And VENOM?

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=27426

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I would love it if they found a freaking good match for some to play Brock. I would REALLY love if they had all the mayhem with Electro and Rhino in the second film, then having Venom come in at the end to lead into another film; that would have so many people just wanting more.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)

Uhhhhh......

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    What in the world? This looks incredibly goofy.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    It actually doesn't bother me. I'm fine with the way he looks. It's not as though they were going to give him the wolverine-esque green and yellow costume with the fucking lightning bolts on his face.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I think he looks pretty cool.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    It actually doesn't bother me. I'm fine with the way he looks. It's not as though they were going to give him the wolverine-esque green and yellow costume with the fucking lightning bolts on his face.
    I would have liked it better if they left the blue off. I'm sure they will explain it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Oh god that's horrible, he looks like Mr. Freeze!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Oh god that's horrible, he looks like Mr. Freeze!
    Come on, that's just cold!

...sorry, I'll leave now.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Personally, i'd rather have the tacky green and yellow suit at this point over this...
    But, as long as Rhino looks cool and Venom appears even for just a brief introduction, i'll be happy.

Still waiting for that Maximum Carnage movie though, c'mon hollywood! Get on that!

Actually, I think that would be a great solo Venom movie, the Maximum Carnage story. With maybe a brief cameo from Andrew Garfield slightly in the movie as Peter Parker showing a confrentation between him and Eddie Brock at the Daily Bugle, then him finding the suit, his life leading up to the suit and how it changed him after, going to jail, meeting Cletus Kasady and turning him into Carnage, then him needing to go to Spider-man for another quick cameo at the end to team up and bring him down.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 04-17-2013 at 02:32 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I kinda like it myself. I could go either way with the classic Electro and the modern look.. but I feel if they made every villain look like the ones in the comic it would look completely cheesy.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So here's uhh...here's Rhino.

Yup.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    they're making another Joy Ride movie?

sorry...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    What.... the hell... is that.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Guys, this is probably Rhino before his transformation. http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=28348

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Guys, this is probably Rhino before his transformation. http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=28348
    Ohhh.. well I never knew really anything about Rhino hence my reaction. Good post