Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: NIN-Spotting 2012

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Check this out!
    Somebody at Universal Germany must have fucked up & uploaded a bunch of NIN-Videos at Dailymotion.com... including We're in this together, Starsuckers, Inc. & Into the Void. They're "only" 480p, but nevertheless... I think this is actually the first time ever I saw them not as a TV-rip & in decent quality!

(of course: ripping as we speak)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvh...c#.UMFbMqUyHhp

//Edit: Damn, they have some precautions against FlashGot et all.... if somebody smarter than me can grab this, PLEASE do PM me!
    Last edited by Henrie_Schnee; 12-06-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Some talented guy has converted quite a few NIN videos to HD on youtube, so you might be happier checking those out.
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL76B0A51D144E89C7

If you scour Lluminari's other videos (outside that playlist), you'll find HD conversions of other NIN videos including We're In This Together, as well as a bunch of other artists (particularly Tool).

(By the way: is it possible to link a youtube vid without embedding it, aside from the [noparse] command? Originally had links to all the videos in this post but it automatically embedded rather than linked... the post was longer than Cthulhu's apocalyptic phallus).
    Last edited by Vertigo; 12-07-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Mopping up the bullshit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Some talented guy has converted quite a few NIN videos to HD on youtube, so you might be happier checking those out.

If you scour Lluminari's other videos (outside that playlist), you'll find HD conversions of other NIN videos including We're In This Together, as well as a bunch of other artists (particularly Tool).

(By the way: is it possible to link a youtube vid without embedding it, aside from the noparse command? Originally had links to all the videos in this post but it automatically embedded rather than linked... the post was longer than Cthulhu's apocalyptic phallus).
    I life behind the iron curtain when it comes to YouTube, but I'll proxy that! Thank you!
    Last edited by Henrie_Schnee; 12-07-2012 at 08:33 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Pretty sure that's Trent on the right hand side. From Sound City.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrie_Schnee View Post
    Check this out!
    Somebody at Universal Germany must have fucked up & uploaded a bunch of NIN-Videos at Dailymotion.com... including We're in this together, Starsuckers, Inc. & Into the Void. They're "only" 480p, but nevertheless... I think this is actually the first time ever I saw them not as a TV-rip & in decent quality!
    (of course: ripping as we speak)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvh...c#.UMFbMqUyHhp

//Edit: Damn, they have some precautions against FlashGot et all.... if somebody smarter than me can grab this, PLEASE do PM me!
    Not working, those are sold like this, and already shared, long time (oh and by me, in 2007

These are two really brand new rare near DVD quality videos from Nine Inch Nails. These still aren't available on DVD but you can buy them online. That's what I did, I bought two WMV on an online store, i used the unfamous fu4wm13fix.exe to free my video from any stupid Drm protections, and since they already were near PAL DVD format, i simply directly converted them with one of the most powerful tool ready for dvd.

Nine Inch nails
    -Into The Void (2000)
    -Starsuckers (2000)

100% digitally captured and then converted, logos free, of course. Videos were put on online store dec06 and converted into this NearDvd in jan07

Source:
    Windows Media Video 9 Professional
    720 x 576 1,59 Mbits/s 25fps
    Windows Media Audio 9.1
    192 kbps, 48 kHz, stereo 2-pass CBR
    Size : 50Mo

Final Destination:
    MPEG-2 Program Stream DVD "Vob" Format
    720 x 576 9,53 Mbits/s 25fps
    AC3 Dolby Digital
    48000Hz 224kb/s stereo (2/0)
    Size : 220Mo
    Last edited by ninjaw; 12-07-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=Vertigo;60082]Some talented guy has converted quite a few NIN videos to HD on youtube, so you might be happier checking those out.

(By the way: is it possible to link a youtube vid without embedding it, aside from the [noparse] command? Originally had links to all the videos in this post but it automatically embedded rather than linked... the post was longer than Cthulhu's apocalyptic phallus).[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but what you mean by converted and cool ? i'll say non sense, and crappy work.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    I'm sorry but what you mean by converted and cool ? i'll say non sense, and crappy work.
    Yeah, sorry, taking another look at them, you're right - I'd remembered the videos being higher res. They're actually the standard 480p (I think?) videos, transposed with new audio rips.

*self-facepalm*
    Last edited by Vertigo; 12-07-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

NIN-Spotting

Technology does not exist to take a standard definition source and make it HD. You can't restore what was never there. It's best to seek out a better source.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    Technology does not exist to take a standard definition source and make it HD. You can't restore what was never there. It's best to seek out a better source.
    "up-scaling" has always caused me to roll my eyes, but it has also sold a lot of my customers on why they should get blu-ray players and not just DVD players.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Ned posted this on Facebook:

"Well that was pretty cool. Just got off the phone with Trent Reznor, doing an interview with him for The Quietus. We talked about HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS in some detail, while he was kind enough to give me the compliment of asking him interesting questions instead of the usual spiel, which is always very cool. At one point he said something like "Three interesting questions in a row, you're throwing me off my game!" Terribly flattering! The interview will be running in the near future."
    I learned something new, apparently it takes weeks to put an interview with TR up online.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The New Yorker is doing a piece on TR.
    According to Pitchfork it is revealed that in 2014 a greatest hits and a new NIN album will be out.
    Also TR’s involvement with “Beats” is a new streaming service.
    And, according to The New Yorker, they will also talk to Fincher and TR’s dad in the piece.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    I learned something new, apparently it takes weeks to put an interview with TR up online.
    christ, you're an entitled dick

anyway, http://thequietus.com/articles/10926...destroy-angels

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    If you don't subscribe to The New Yorker, you can supposedly sign up for a free four-week trial subscription to get access to the article online.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    If you don't subscribe to The New Yorker, you can supposedly sign up for a free four-week trial subscription to get access to the article online.
    Gist of article here!!!
    http://pitchfork.com/news/48879-nine...-beats-by-dre/
    Nothing like Trent having us wait till 2014 for two new NIN songs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofgod View Post
    Gist of article here!!!
    http://pitchfork.com/news/48879-nine...-beats-by-dre/
    Nothing like Trent having us wait till 2014 for two new NIN songs.
    as long as they release that damn deluxe version of the fragile next year i can wait. he really loves talking about stuff WAY before it's ready...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    omg, it works for non-Americans. TNY are awesome.

I mean, not awesome enough for me to PAY for, but still.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    as long as they release that damn deluxe version of the fragile next year i can wait. he really loves talking about stuff WAY before it's ready...
    I doubt it's released in 2013, a "15th Anniversary Deluxe Edition" for 2014 would make more sense imo.

2013 would be HTDA's year (LP+tour), while in 2014 we would have the Greatest Hits, The Fragile reissue and the new album.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    omg, it works for non-Americans. TNY are awesome.
    Does it? Signed up but when I try and sign in it says my password is wrong, even though I've cut and pasted it! And carefully typed it, in a case sensitive stylee! If mods don't have a problem - could you cut and paste?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I had that problem, too. They reset my password. Still wouldn't work. So I tried logging in here instead and it worked -- not sure if it was the different link or if it took a while for the password reset to take hold.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    You don't sign in through the NYT, but through the NYT online viewer (different passwords). And the pages can be saved as image files by simply right clicking, jsyk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    You don't sign in through the NYT, but through the NYT online viewer (different passwords). And the pages can be saved as image files by simply right clicking, jsyk
    may someone post the images here to spare others (incl. myself) some time for registering and stuff...
    thx

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    If a mod can confirm that posting a link is ok, I'll put it up - I know copyrighted materials an't always the best thing to post

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    That was quite simply a magnificent article.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Does the New Yorker get distributed internationally? I'd like to buy just the issue - online it seemed like all you could do was buy a whole subscription for $120

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    You can buy it in WhSmith's normally, at least the larger ones

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

NIN-Spotting

Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Does the New Yorker get distributed internationally? I'd like to buy just the issue - online it seemed like all you could do was buy a whole subscription for $120
    If you have an iPad you can buy it individually (via Newsstand).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    An incredibly thoughtful piece, and really worth the read if you can.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)