Page 77 of 147 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The democrats are using the whole Russia thing...the way the Republicans used Benghazi..

I know Trump is a milestone in awfulness...for American politics...

But why is it so hard for people to look at this objectively....and evaluate both sides...

On another note....Trump called the Manchester bomber and all suicide bombers losers.....this made me remember why he won....he cut straight to the point in a way Obama, Angela Merkel, Theresa May, Emmanuelle Macron never would...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    But why is it so hard for people to look at this objectively....and evaluate both sides...
    What aren't we looking at objectively, exactly? We're examining a mounting list of evidence that the campaign was illegally involved with Russia and actively working to circumvent official US channels and hold talks behind the government's back. There's nothing subjective about being concerned that there seems to be a growing list of evidence regarding this.

I think we're also quite objective in the bipartisan view that the AHCA will cost over 20 million people access to health care, that the budget has a two TRILLION dollar math error in it, and that the Commander in Chief has bragged about sexually assaulting women while simultaneously slashing access to health insurance for them. These are all objective things that are actually, measurably happening. Nothing subjective about it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    On another note....Trump called the Manchester bomber and all suicide bombers losers.....this made me remember why he won....he cut straight to the point in a way Obama, Angela Merkel, Theresa May, Emmanuelle Macron never would...
    You talk like it was a landslide victory, he never even won the popular vote. And the way he talks and comments on things and tweets is an embarrassment. He really has no class or dignity.
    Personally I'd call the bombers psychopaths. Let's face it, losers are the sorts of people who voted Trump in the first place and being a loser doesnt make you evil

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    apparently they went to jarred
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    apparently they went to jarred
    -Louie
    Lol lol !!!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ, Trump makes Andrew Johnston look like JFK....can't believe i defended this piece of shit excuse for a President....

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i think you will start hearing the term "plausible deniability" soon I remember wondering why Trump had so many inexperienced people in his inner circle, i believe he thought i would be like his tax returns and be forgotten, he has a history of of doing illegal things and either tying them up in court threatening to counter sue or just wearing people down which he states in"art of the deal"
    -Louie

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    You talk like it was a landslide victory, he never even won the popular vote. And the way he talks and comments on things and tweets is an embarrassment. He really has no class or dignity.
    Personally I'd call the bombers psychopaths. Let's face it, losers are the sorts of people who voted Trump in the first place and being a loser doesnt make you evil
    So you give more sympathy to the suicide bomber for being mentally ill than the Trump supporter all (65 Million of them)...Dont appease suicide bombers please....they are not psychopaths...they are vulnerable young men being exploited ....by people whose aim is an Islamic Caliphate...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    here's what a brilliant business man Trump is http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ity-bankruptcy
    -Louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    After three days, the @potus account tweets out a generic "we don't like white supremacists" message. A few points...

1) The message was almost assuredly not written by the president (it's spelled/punctuated correctly and was tweeted from the cobweb-covered official gov't account)
    2) Regardless of who actually penned it, it doesn't even mention the names of the three people who were stabbed (two fatally) when defending against bigotry, racism, and hatred.
    3) People are popping up and going "God, first you get mad at Trump for not tweeting about it, and now you're mad that he has? You'll just hate him no matter what, won't you?"

NO, SHITTARD. SEE POINTS ONE AND TWO.

The President should have been on top of this the day it happened. There should have been condolences to the families of the murdered people, and a damning reminder that the asshole who did this does not represent what Trump stands for. 99% sure that Trump doesn't give a flying fuck that those guys were killed defending a couple of teenage girls from a white supremacist.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)

This is the most ludicrous version of the "see, this is why Trump won" thing. You think him demonstrating his limited, childish vocabulary is endearing and cuts "straight to the point?" The problem is, the fact that there's actually enough stupid fuckers in this country who want a president to call the terrorists "losers" is why Trump won.

Not because he's some great communicator, but because a lot of Americans suck at communication and like baby words and infantile tantrum politics. That's the appeal to the "gee politics are confusing! Why can't my president just tell me who the losers are?" demographic, and it's tragic that it worked.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Its just frustrating to see that Kusner asked Russia to setup communications with their tools. If you were trying to avoid the eyes of the US government you would NOT do this. You'd use some common privacy tools that gives you deniability and wouldn't make your comms stand out like a sore thumb. And that's if he was dumb enough to do it directly.

I don't know. It all appears as if it were some kid trying to rob a bank for the first time and simply wearing a fake mustache. There is just NO tradecraft here, unless there is a lot more to the story. This also strikes me as being so much of a failure that there is no way this is part of some secret Russian plot to infiltrate the government. Russia wouldn't allow an asset in any position, let alone such a high level one, to be this incompetent. At best, maybe its some backroom business dealings trying to unfold that were initiated by the Trump side.
    This is a familiar argument, where have I heard it before? Oh yeah. When they said that Trump was too dumb to spill secrets to the Russians.
    Last edited by allegate; 05-30-2017 at 10:11 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The democrats are using the whole Russia thing...the way the Republicans used Benghazi..

Do you have an ellipses button on your keyboard instead of punctuation?

No wait...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Today's press conference was, uh, interesting.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    https://twitter.com/roguepotusstaff/...75791486988288

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I am utterly embarrassed by how long it took me to figure out which song that was. Without formatting or music playing, I was stuck on "I KNOW what this is, so why can't I think of it?!!?!" for a solid minute.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I am utterly embarrassed by how long it took me to figure out which song that was. Without formatting or music playing, I was stuck on "I KNOW what this is, so why can't I think of it?!!?!" for a solid minute.
    Aren't those the wrong lyrics though?! Doesn't it go "How many you would lead astray, you've taken everything."

Is this the Mandela effect thing again?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Aren't those the wrong lyrics though?! Doesn't it go "How many you would lead astray, you've taken everything."

Start it at 3:04 if you want the line leading up to it. Lyrics seem pretty clear to me.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mandela effect. The only difference I see is that the twitter post says "how many you've betrayed" when I clearly hear "how many you betray"

Start it at 3:04 if you want the line leading up to it. Lyrics seem pretty clear to me.
    Oh great; now I miss the Finckster.

Also: they are on their hands and knees at the WH? Is Bill Clinton back without anyone noticing?

Yeah, lame joke is lame. I need more Finckster.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)

I just listened to it again, and it still sounds like "you would lead astray," but I can hear what it actually is. Learned something new.

So... on another note, clicking through the news outlets today has been crazy.

1. The intention behind the clandestine link Kushner was trying to establish is being called under scrutiny. Additionally, Trump's longtime lawyer, Michael "says who" Cohen, is also now under investigation regarding Russian election meddling.

2. WH Communications director Michael Dubke has resigned, as he stated he intended to do at the end of Trump's first international trip. For reason, he just said that it's "personal," and "as friendly a departure as one could have." He was known as one of the aides who tried to reign in Emperor Donald's craziness. That said, his "oh, I'm proud to have worked for Trump," and his repeated (vague) assurances that this is all great and stuff, along with Priebus adding in that Dubke "will be a strong advocate for the president and the president's policies moving forward."

Sounds kinda like he signed a loyalty pledge or something... Either way, this is being viewed by analysts as the beginning of a sweeping shake up in WH Staff.

3. Fox & Friends runs an article inferring that Kushner's trip to Russia was a one-off, and that the communication was started by the Russians, not Kushner, and that the meeting was to discuss the handling of the Syrian civil war... with a Russian banker. This take on events is credited to an anonymous source, and directly contradicts reports from WaPo and NYTimes. An NPR reporter learned that the lead reporter and source-fetter was Catherine Herridge, and that the source was someone "who has talked to Kushner talked to Fox News." If we wanted to speculate, the NPR reporter muses that the source might be Rupert Murdoch.

Catherine Herridge had a moment a couple weeks back where she implied that the real reason Comey was fired was because it was taking him too long to uncover Obama's wire tapping efforts.

4. Trump retweets that Fox and Friends story. Fox and Trump love anonymous sources, when the "leak" is in their favor.

5. Donald Trump's twitter follower count has spiked up since his return from his big boy trip, with three million fake bot accounts. Twitter Audit analysis says 49% of his followers are likely fake bot accounts. Some of his outspoken regular critics have apparently been blocked. Side note, if we go back to the beginning of April, that the WH had issued an order to Twitter to reveal the identity of the group @ALT_NSCIS

6. Elizabeth Spiers, a former editor for Kushner's magazine The Observer, posts online that claims Kushner said (in reference to Trump's birtherism movement) "He doesn't really believe it. He just knows republicans are stupid and they'll buy it." She also quotes a friend of Trump's as saying "he'd lie to you about what time of day it is, just for the practice."

7. As Kushner became more intractable to the Trump campaign, the Observer shifted further right, and endorsed Trump for president, shocking many of the staff (and inspiring some to immediately resign). Last week, the editor of the Observer who replaced Spiers, Ken Kurson (who has been named as the co-author of some of Trump's speeches), resigned.

8. Two days ago, The Observer fired 4 staffers, including one who wrote the op-ed piece "An Open Letter to Jared Kushner, from One of Your Jewish Employees."

9. Germany has joined the UK in walking back their trust in trading sensitive information with the USA. Trump in return fires off an angry, vague, potentially threatening tweet chastising Germany. Steve Bannon undoubtably did a happy dance.

10. I'm sure the advancement of illusory support on Twitter, along with the blocking and replacing of honest press with sycophants and conspiracy theorists, all has been part of the new emergency damage-control plan

If the White House wasn't in complete chaos before...

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Ummmm... wtf is going on? 2 hours ago, Trump sent out this tweet:

Despite the constant negative press covfefe

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Ummmm... wtf is going on? 2 hours ago, Trump sent out this tweet:

Despite the constant negative press covfefe
    He either had a stroke or fell asleep whilst eating one of his shitty steaks. I imagine he'll come to later on completely dumbfounded wondering where he is and why there's a steak stuck to his face.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    dear 'mericans,
    you should get accustomed to this map in time:

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    ...i'm completely dumbfounded by this. Everyone, from greedy oil and coal businessmen, to China think the Paris Climate Agreement is a GOOD IDEA.

But not the soggy wotsit! The amount of damage he has caused in such a short amount of time is astonishing! ...fuck!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    ...i'm completely dumbfounded by this. Everyone, from greedy oil and coal businessmen, to China think the Paris Climate Agreement is a GOOD IDEA.

But not the soggy wotsit! The amount of damage he has caused in such a short amount of time is astonishing! ...fuck!
    A TON of Republican voters really believe that climate change is a hoax, mostly because they think it's designed to hurt the economy but my husband's cousin actually believes that rising sea water is due to "more ships in the ocean" and water displacement. And nobody can convince him otherwise, even telling him that ships in an ocean are like marbles in a bathtub; scientists only "do things for research money" and they "aren't that smart."

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    A TON of Republican voters really believe that climate change is a hoax, mostly because they think it's designed to hurt the economy but my husband's cousin actually believes that rising sea water is due to "more ships in the ocean" and water displacement. And nobody can convince him otherwise, even telling him that ships in an ocean are like marbles in a bathtub; scientists only "do things for research money" and they "aren't that smart."
    ...holy shit I don't even know what to say to that!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I do. For the longest time I was the snopes guy, constantly sending, "No pepsi/google/Microsoft/peeps won't give you a million dollars for forwarding this bull" back.

I can only imagine that's part of why no one emails me anymore. :/