Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Linkin Park

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    He sounds like a moron who discovered "rock music" through a Led Zeppelin shirt at Target.
    this is a weird criticism to make of someone on every level.

I wasn't alive when Led Zeppelin was active, and frankly, I'm getting old. People younger than me who discover Led Zeppelin because they like the designs of their shirts and realize the music is awesome … seem really cool to me, to be honest. LZ has great design aesthetic and great music, and discovering one because of the other doesn't bother me.

or is that they find the shirt at Target, instead of some boutique? I don't get it. Would it be okay to discover LZ because of a shirt you find at … where?

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctem View Post
    Seeing you post in this thread is like you're actively trying to be a bummer. We get it, you don't like Linkin Park. Go somewhere else, please.
    I'm actually commenting on the band and the (topic relevant) stupid-ass remark the guy said. I'm not the only one. You're just complaining. Bravo.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post

I wasn't alive when Led Zeppelin was active, and frankly, I'm getting old. People younger than me who discover Led Zeppelin because they like the designs of their shirts and realize the music is awesome … seem really cool to me, to be honest. LZ has great design aesthetic and great music, and discovering one because of the other doesn't bother me.

or is that they find the shirt at Target, instead of some boutique? I don't get it. Would it be okay to discover LZ because of a shirt you find at … where?
    I don't think he meant Target specifically. He piss took by name dropping a random store title to his analogy.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    nice comeback, bro

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    nice comeback, bro

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    New single called Guilty All the Same which features Rakim.

You can listen to it at the moment by using the Shazam app and tagging any Linkin Park song, i tried it out with Castle of Glass off their last album and it seemed to work just as they said it would.

Cool track to be honest, a nice change of pace from what they've been coming out with lately.

EDIT: Also they've got a new U.S./Canada tour called Carnivores coming up with 30 Seconds to Mars and AFI.

http://carnivorestour.com/
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 03-05-2014 at 09:58 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Chester's vocals are probably the weakest they've ever been, which is incredibly inconvenient judging from the direction they're going in with this album.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Yeah pretty safe vocally, no screams or anger bubbling through.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Beat me to it! I really like it. It's straight forward... the vocals could be better, but having Rakim in it, and the music being crunchier and heavier.. I can dig the new album if it sounds like this.

Going to the show at Jones Beach!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Listening to some Fort Minor again, been ages since i gave The Rising Tied and some B-Side tracks some love.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New song isn't bad--the intro is a bit too long though.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    New song isn't bad at all. Agree that Chester's vocal are pretty basic/straight forward but I still like it. LP will always be this cookie-cutter likable band in my book (minus Minutes to Midnight).

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    New song isn't bad at all. Agree that Chester's vocal are pretty basic/straight forward but I still like it. LP will always be this cookie-cutter likable band in my book (minus Minutes to Midnight).
    I started to go over LP's body-of-work because I am a huge STP fan and wanted to get a sense of what Chester was like as a singer. I agree that MTM is their best album. That's the one album that really stuck out to me and the one that I really enjoyed. The first two albums I was already somewhat familiar with via their songs on the radio--some good stuff, but not my favorite band--same with the last two albums.

I really enjoyed STP's High Rise EP. I just much prefer the DeLeos over the guys in LP as songwriters, I guess. I'll check out the new LP album but I am far more excited about any new album that Chester might make with Stone Temple Pilots. I think that Chester is a good singer and a good fit with STP--the Boston show that I caught was awesome.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    There is some more intricate guitar work going on at the end of the song that you usually don't hear in a LP song.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Official stream on Youtube.

Also iTunes link: http://smarturl.it/lpgats

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I enjoyed that until this Rakim cunt showed up. Completely threw me out of it. Why?!??

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I would gather that's on not being much of a rap/hiphop fan i take it? because Rakim is legend.

Last edited by thelastdisciple; 03-06-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    That is so Linkin Park. Hey man, I was digging the song until the rap legend showed up.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    What I loved about the first two albums is how Doug Gilmore overproduced the shit out of them. The guitars sounded so big and large as well as the overall sound of the album which was so clear and clean.
    Those two records sound massive. That's one of the reason they are fun to listen to in my opinion.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    New song out "Until It's Gone". I haven't had the chance to crank it up yet. Chorus sounds weird the first time around.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Ugh.

Living Things-esque trash. Mike needs to listen to his own fucking music before he goes on about trashing what he hears on the radio.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    man i still ADORE collision course with Jay Z

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    I enjoyed that until this Rakim cunt showed up. Completely threw me out of it. Why?!??
    btw. sorry for the double post, but...this is a joke. right?
    I mean, do you realize that what you are saying is like "...until this Tupac Shakur cunt showed up," but worse?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    No, it most certainly isn't a joke. I find it pretty funny that he actually is a rap legend, a bit disrespectful of me there, but after re-listening to the song again I stand by my comments. The song isn't as good as I thought it was on initial listen too, it's a piss-weak attempt at metal and Rakim's "effort" just doesn't fit and adds absolutely nothing. It's terrible. Shinoda could have done it and at least it wouldn't have stuck out like dog balls. But then again you claim to have enjoyed the Jay Z/LP album which I also thought was trash. Into the bin!

Didn't mind 'Until It's Gone'.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Until It's Gone: references Meshuggah and Botch in an interview, releases this horseshit. Linkin Park is the joke here.
    It's basically a Katy Perry song. Except Katy would at least have put some semblance of passion into her vocal performance.
    All the great musicians in the world, and these are the ones who are the global superstars...maddening.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    No, it most certainly isn't a joke. I find it pretty funny that he actually is a rap legend, a bit disrespectful of me there, but after re-listening to the song again I stand by my comments. The song isn't as good as I thought it was on initial listen too, it's a piss-weak attempt at metal and Rakim's "effort" just doesn't fit and adds absolutely nothing. It's terrible. Shinoda could have done it and at least it wouldn't have stuck out like dog balls. But then again you claim to have enjoyed the Jay Z/LP album which I also thought was trash. Into the bin!

Didn't mind 'Until It's Gone'.
    Hey man, it's all good. Music is SUBjective...part of what makes it great.
    Maybe you aren't a big hip hop fan. Or maybe Rakim's verse on the track sucked..i haven't heard it.
    Or maybe your age plays into it...IDK.
    Maybe check this out.

And remember that Eric B and Rakim were doing this in the EIGHTIES!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I haven't liked a Linkin Park song since Hybrid Theory. What the fuck happened.....

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    It's not so often that I hear of Meteora being a disappointment. It still seems to be considered one of the best, if not the best Linkin Park album of the 2000s among the fan-base, but I still understand. And well, your guess is also as good as mine.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 05-07-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I grew out of Meteora because it's really just Hybrid Theory pt. 2. Some of the stuff on it was interesting, but it wasn't all that huge a departure from HT.