Page 29 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Ah ok, haven't seen it or even heard it as of now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First off, I said I disagree Manson is a better lyricist, just that it could be argued that his earlier work was probably deeper than Trents. Compare the lyrics of Dope Hat to Something I Can Never Have. Manson has always been more about the WRITING. Maybe "poet" was a bad word choice but, like I said, it's hard to explain. You listen to NIN for one reason and Manson for a totally different reason is what I was trying to say, and that they're both fine in their respective areas, but it is true that Manson has gotten a lot worse.

And it might be the Frank Sinatra song I'm thinking of but I thought that Frank's song was before Life On Mars. It says on Wikipedia it was in 1969 and that Life On Mars was recorded in 1971? That would mean Bowie copied it. But I don't know all the background of it.

You seem to love to throw in the subtle "stupid" and "dumb" insults that are not respectful, I am not a dumb person.

By the way, it's fine if you want to talk rudely like that, I'm just pointing it out because it's ridiculous and I don't understand why so many people on the internet feel they have to be rude and can't just talk normal without taking jabs.
    Last edited by Babali; 04-07-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In case anyone is interested, there is a weird torrent on the pirate bay with ACS demos (and astonishing panorama of the endtimes demo), it sounds like Manson for sure, but I really cannot tell if they are legit or not. The music is kind of bad sounding. haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah those were leaked a while ago and they were pretty interesting. I think that one of the Spooky Kids put them out? Like maybe it was the guitar player or something but it is more Portrait-y sounding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babali View Post
    Yeah those were leaked a while ago and they were pretty interesting. I think that one of the Spooky Kids put them out? Like maybe it was the guitar player or something but it is more Portrait-y sounding.
    Ah, right on. I hadn't seen them before, so I wasn't sure if it was a new leak or something. Kind of sounded like stuff not many people would have access to if they were all real.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    It was daisy Berkowitz

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    RE VIDEO: kinda wish he'd tone back on the makeup/clothing, and just keep it simple. it's really not working with his current looks.
    he has a bit of a nick cave vibe happening in the family room scenes, which looks far more badass/creepy than the caked on joker makeup and those fucking ridiculous bulky-ass jackets he insists on wearing everywhere now

don't know who his stylist has been post holywood/goag, but they're fucking awful
    Last edited by antiskum; 04-08-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    MAR1LYN MAN5ON
    LIVE ON EASTER SUNDAY

Inauguration of the Mechanical Christ
    and The Reflecting God

Easter Eggs Made Out of Crack Rocks!!!

Bunny Ears @ 0:30
    Teh Hotness @ 2:15

Doggy-Style Bunny-Fuck @ 5:05
    Take Off Your Tops for Jesus @ 6:00

\m/ \m/

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    My favorite rip-off (as in- the closest to original):
    Lamb of God (Radiohead - Climbing up the Walls)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I also really like that one too. I always just see it as paying respect to an artist or song you love. I have done it with songs I've written, I've heard it done in so much music. I've rarely ever heard an interpretation or rip-off that didn't sound unique and different in some ways to the artist doing it.

And one of my favorite albums(by Omar Rodriguez-Lopez), Cryptomnesia, which is: "Cryptomnesia occurs when a forgotten memory returns without its being recognised as such by the subject, who believes it is something new and original."

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So they still haven't found a way to limit font size for certain members I take it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    So they still haven't found a way to limit font size for certain members I take it.
    Oh lord, pull the bug out of your butt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wait...So Did it leak???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justinthehomo View Post
    Wait...So Did it leak???
    Wut ?
    Born Villain?
    I think no & i prefer wait it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Wut ?
    Born Villain?
    I think no & i prefer wait it
    I don't care to wait at all. I mean why? Today or then I 'd rather hear it sooner than later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justinthehomo View Post
    I don't care to wait at all. I mean why? Today or then I 'd rather hear it sooner than later.
    Well i think you right ... If someone find a leak or all ... Give our a link

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Give it a couple more weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There are minute and a half clips on the iTunes Mexico page, here: http://itunes.apple.com/mx/preorder/...in/id517063100

They may not be up anymore, but people recorded the clips are uploading them to Youtube, so it won't be much longer until they're out there.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Well from first listen on the store, it seems kind of bland to me. But I'll still hold out until the album fully comes out.

"The Gardener" has a weird groove to it though, I'm digging that one. "Disengaged" is the song from the Sean Beaven clip also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ><
    I've got nothin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for sharing! Gonna see if I can listen to them.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Very impressed overall. And y'all know I'm a hard motherfucker to please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There isn't a key, so lay down your arms!

I am also very impressed! I just KNEW The Gardener had to be some sort of spoken-word thing with those oddly structured lyrics.

A couple songs start to sound similar to other songs on the album but they do break off into unique sections that make each sound intriguing, and this is also without hearing the entire songs.

So far I think this album sounds like it'll be better than High End of Low overall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This album is the best ever since Holy Wood wow

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    where are the previews? they dont seem to be on the page

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You have to change your store to the Mexico store. Mine just said "Cannot access that page because you are not in the Mexico iTunes store", and there was an option to "Change stores" and it instantly loaded the Manson Born Villain page.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I am liking what I am hearing so far. Its almost what eat me drink me should have been.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I am liking what I am hearing so far. Its almost what eat me drink me should have been.
    Speaking of this, anyone else hear the Evidence similarity in the beginning/first verse of Pistol Whipped?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Sounds good to me, better than expected and anticipated from myself and lots of others. Sweet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    preordered. haven't really done that with a manson album before....my interest is peaked.