Page 349 of 512 FirstFirst ... 249 299 339 347 348 349 350 351 359 399 449 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,470 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don't know if this counts as a strictly random Nine Inch Nails thought but fuck it.

I hope beyond hope that someday soon there will be new How To Destroy Angels. It was criminally underrated and I fear that TR might be under the impression that there's just not enough interest to justify the cost of composing, recording, and releasing any more of it. But maybe someday they'll release more. If you believe in it. Keep believing it.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSelection View Post
    Don't know if this counts as a strictly random Nine Inch Nails thought but fuck it.

I hope beyond hope that someday soon there will be new How To Destroy Angels. It was criminally underrated and I fear that TR might be under the impression that there's just not enough interest to justify the cost of composing, recording, and releasing any more of it. But maybe someday they'll release more. If you believe in it. Keep believing it.
    here ya go:

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...estroy-angels_
    Last edited by kel; 05-21-2017 at 10:08 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    Not sure where to really put this but I just came across this on youtube, a bunch of kids covering The Collector.

Something seems wrong with that kid singing the open my mouth / good boy / swallow it all part.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Something seems wrong with that kid singing the open my mouth / good boy / swallow it all part.
    It was already weird when Trent sang it, now it's like creepy.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Posted this over in the Twin Peaks thread, too

Though the only reason I think that soundtrack got so much attention at the time was because Trent's first new song in three years was on it.

That being said, it's still an excellent collection of music when taken as a whole. The Smashing Pumpkins song on it is still one of my favorite songs by them ever..

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    This is the most random thing to post, but thanks to one YouTube comment on "Letting You" I laught my ass off sometimes whenever I connect the comment and the song to it.

"I'M GUNNA GO SUPER SAYAANN ON YOUR AAAASSSSSSS!!!!!"

I don't know, what it is, the image of Trent going Super Sayan in Letting You just gets to me, especially how hardcore that particular song is.

Just random thought.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Interview with Rob about NIN, Year Zero ARG, HTDA, etc....:

http://warp.la/editoriales/from-the-...s-resistance-2
    Without reading through the whole article right now, does he mention at all whose decision it was for him to leave? Curious if he decided he wanted a break or Trent just decided he wanted to go in a different direction.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Without reading through the whole article right now, does he mention at all whose decision it was for him to leave? Curious if he decided he wanted a break or Trent just decided he wanted to go in a different direction.
    "After 15 years, it was just the right time, for everyone. Fresh talent will be good for NIN, and I’ve been thinking about personal projects I’ve wanted to do for years that I now have the time for."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    all he says

Why are you currently taking a break from NIN’s world?After 15 years, it was just the right time, for everyone. Fresh talent will be good for NIN, and I’ve been thinking about personal projects I’ve wanted to do for years that I now have the time for.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yeah I saw that bit. That can really be taken either way.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Yeah I saw that bit. That can really be taken either way.
    it can't be that bad if Trent doesn't throw your equipment into the garbage

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    it can't be that bad if Trent doesn't throw your equipment into the garbage
    LOL!! I remember reading about that here years ago.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    LOL!! I remember reading about that here years ago.
    What is this referring to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinCollins420 View Post
    What is this referring to?
    Charlie Clouser being unceremoniously kicked out of the band.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Interesting that he mentioned Tension as the most stressful thing, wouldnt blame him for wanting a break after that. He looked like he was about to collapse with exhaustion in the tour documentary

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    At least he didn't piss in anyone's shoes this time

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    At least he didn't piss in anyone's shoes this time
    Um...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Pretty sure that's a reference to Robin when Aaron North was named the NIN guitarist.

EDIT: here's Meathead on it, this is the only place I've heard it so not sure if that was an actual TR quote. Gonna have to read down some:

http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp080405.htm
    Last edited by Krazy; 05-25-2017 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Pretty sure that's a reference to Robin when Aaron North was named the NIN guitarist.

EDIT: here's Meathead on it, this is the only place I've heard it so not sure if that was an actual TR quote. Gonna have to read down some:

http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp080405.htm

TR can be harsh. I'm glad it didn't scare Robin away for good.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    TR can be harsh. I'm glad it didn't scare Robin away for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Same. It was upsetting to read that, as a fan of Robin's playing and singing as well as his general stage presence.
    Yeah, I remember being rather surprised by that statement as well, but I think that it comes off sounding more harsh than it was intended, really. The "[pissing] on Robin's shoes and [kicking] them out the door where they belong" bit stands out as being rather aggressive, but it's bookended by stuff like "looking for someone to fill [his] shoes," and calling his time with Robin "a great chapter." I think the pissing on shoes was more just about Aaron's general fuck-everything attitude while playing, and an indication of intentionally severing ties with the past, rather than an attack on Robin. I too am glad that it didn't cause a rift! I suspect that their parting of ways was actually quite amicable behind the scenes.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Same. It was upsetting to read that, as a fan of Robin's playing and singing as well as his general stage presence. I'm just glad Robin is back, seemingly for good.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    It still occurs to me that whenever I think about Trent's picture inside With Teeth, I still always ending up picturing this, thanks to Meathead.

http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp050422.htm

@reznovka @Destruct26 - I just thought that you might like to see this, also in some hopes for the trend to continue.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo infinity View Post
    it still occurs to me that whenever i think about trent's picture inside with teeth, i still always ending up picturing this, thanks to meathead.

@reznovka @destruct26 - i just thought that you might like to see this, also in some hopes for the trend to continue.
    long live meathead!!!!!!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    It still occurs to me that whenever I think about Trent's picture inside With Teeth, I still always ending up picturing this, thanks to Meathead.

@reznovka @Destruct26 - I just thought that you might like to see this, also in some hopes for the trend to continue.

made my day <3

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I suppose I kept forgetting it, because I hardly ever thought about it, but it sometimes seems like certain Nine Inch Nails lyrics and moments can be also interpreted as passive-aggressiveness and sarcasm. (Kind of like in a "All right, just pound a stake in my heart some more, why don't you!?" or "Ah, I feel like a million bucks. Couldn't get any better than this. Don't mind the knives in my back." type of way.)

It makes even more sense now that it has occurred to me, because it's very much possible to have those traits sometimes mix in with emotions such as rage, emptiness and misery, or themes such as addiction and ego. It certainly adds more dimensions than I've previously considered or even known to my listening experience so far, while also giving me some dark humor to boot. (Which I'm sure was implied in some of his videos too.)

Some examples I could think of for now would be Head Like A Hole, Ringfinger, Wish and Happiness in Slavery. I'm also feeling a lot of it in Burning Bright (Field on Fire) as far as his most recent work goes. I'm sure that's also yet another reason as to why I love that song so much as it's also one of the NIN songs that has me feeling multiple emotions at once. Break through the surface and breath. Indeed.

I just wanted to get that out there before I forget about it again.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 05-27-2017 at 10:43 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    What destroyed NIN? Atticus Ross.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    What destroyed NIN? Atticus Ross.
    Where did this Ross hate start even? Taking away the "dirty" sound? The Slip, Year Zero were dity as fuck and raw as hell, don't even get me started how dirty Not The Actual Events is.

I don't get it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Where did this Ross hate start even? Taking away the "dirty" sound? The Slip, Year Zero were dity as fuck and raw as hell, don't even get me started how dirty Not The Actual Events is.

I don't get it.
    not to mention Ghosts. even if you don't LIKE that album, you have to acknowledge that it was trent as his most experimental and fresh, and atticus co-wrote the whole album with him.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    not to mention Ghosts. even if you don't LIKE that album, you have to acknowledge that it was trent as his most experimental and fresh, and atticus co-wrote the whole album with him.
    And Tetsuo Bullet Man Theme.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    And Tetsuo Bullet Man Theme.
    I always thought Trent wrote that on his own, I just recently found out that Atticus was involved in that, too.

If you ask me, one of the best songs they ever did.